What does lucky mean to you in poker?

nobodysf00l

nobodysf00l

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
agreed, i would rather things turn out the way i planned and not have to rely on luck.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me most of the times its the other way around. I dont mind being lucky. If I make a bad decision so be it. I just dont want to be unlucky. Holding some monster hand till the turn only to lose on a sick river 1 out cooler. :(

Ps. If somehow pokerstars minimize to half of what is it now their percentage of river coolers, then it would be so awesome. Winning more from skill instead of luck.

Last edited:
proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get sucked out on in freerolls and get great catches at the wsop, youre lucky, and its nice. but luck in poker plays a very small part it is actually a game of skill. people who think you need to be lucky to win are making excuses and havent reached "poker maturity" yet. if that hurts, so be it.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is everything we need in our lives. But in poker most of the people are stacked to luck. There is literally low chance of luck in a poker. You need knowledge and strategy. I'm not looking for luck in any poker table/tournament, i just don't want to be unlucky. :)

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is 96% important thing while playing anything, that doesn't matter how you are skilled or not)

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I would consider winning the hand as being lucky!! But sometimes it is lucky to have folded!!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To me, being lucky is not only having a great hand.

But actually having the winning hand while the other players have great hands. :)

What does lucky mean to you in poker?

It Means Winning!

Ask Phil Hellmuth "If It Wasn't for Luck I'd Win Every Hand!" lol

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
To me, the lucky guy is the guy who wins with under 20% chances of doing so.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck in poker is having the best cards and knowing when to play them. I don't think you can win in poker without some luck

X

xxgsaint5501xx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me, being lucky is not only having a great hand.

But actually having the winning hand while the other players have great hands. :)

To me, luck is just positive variance. I would much rather play a hand correctly than get lucky because in the end, "luck" or positive variance evens out and the correct play gets the money.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck comes to me sometimes, mostly goes away :SADFACE:

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me to be lucky at poker is when you are carpet and the river give you the game max while in my head. I already have bust. the feeling of joy that one can feel at this moment is indescribable. or when you touch a lot AA or KK at the final table of an MTT.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone has their own luck in poker, for me this is a good hand

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Means absolutely nothing. You are one or the other, lucky or unlucky You win some flips, you lose some, suck out or take a bad beat. Over time, in my case, it evens out. I just say thats poker.

I'll wish everyone good luck as nice gesture before the event gets started. Then let everyone decide actually what category they were in. If a hand is played correctly, that is all that matters.

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I m sure i v lost many hands for you. My luck in poker is something like 0

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on room lol, if it is JokerStars - luck means everything.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A winning streak. This is what luck means for me.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Getting right thing at the right moment may be termed as luck. If you believe on this theory then "not" getting right thing at the right moment could be described as bad luck.
If you apply this in poker then we are all lucky as well as unlucky.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People love to say there is no such thing as luck, that it's only variance in mathematical formulas. But think about this. No one has the exact same amount of variance every day. Some days are variance that benefits you and other days are variance that harms you. Also, some days are more extreme than others. Since, by definition, this must be true, the term luck must apply. Now, calling Variance Luck is a lot like how ancient people called Science Magic. Just because it's labelled differently doesn't make it some new thing that hasn never been known before.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would just say it also means not being unlucky like when you have the nut flush with one card to come and your opponent draws to a full house, or something similar, like you lose with AA versus 66. Happens all the time but running good means winning most of your big hands.

T

TexasErn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck

To me it means having an obvious winning hand and not getting wiped out on the River by a player holding cards that never should have seen the flop.This could also come under the category of frustration. :)

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it’s great for me when luck comes in unexpected moments in the game and I win it for me super moments, and sometimes it happens somewhere on some draws luck chooses me this excellent luck, but most of all you need to use your skill of the game and luck will smile for everyone !

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its when you are ahead but you are losing on flop/turn or river though.

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope is not a strategy. Luck is not a factor. Fear is not an option. - James Cameron