What do you think about this quote from Daniel Negreanu?

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great quote by a great player. Best of luck in the future!

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that Daniel is correct about that. That's some good advice. If I can't spot another player that is weaker than me, I would just leave and find another table to play at.
Your presence at the poker sharks table should be an incentive to show your strongest qualities.If you can-excellent.If it didn t work,that s okay.You will succeed next time.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t think that the top 20 poker players are very different in terms of game level. But I would prefer to switch to another table in order to maximize my profit.
Daniel did not say anything new in this regard. I see no reason to discuss this.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you do not want to be the kid at the table, beat the fourth one and show what you are!

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Who is saying is number 1 and who is number 5 hard to say who's the best unless your playing the same 5 guys day in and day out,a few weeks of that then you should be able to tell who's better then who, otherwise anyone can run well and beat anybody but over a few weeks there should be a clear winner:reddy:

A

AndreasM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play poker with that mindset and you are a loser before your backside hits the chair. There is no best player because even the best have off days and I would take my chances with them any day on form or off.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To some extent, he is certainly right. But if you already got to this table and you are the fifth, it means that you are also worth it.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I disagree with him, if you arrived at the final table with the fourth best in the world because you do not have the chanche to win them, it may even be very good, but they are not invincible.
I think he is talking in cash games, on a tournament in a final table, we havent choice.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
His point, that table selection is extremely important, is a very true one! If you only play with people that are better than you, then it is simple logic that you’ll lose money in the long run.

What’s interesting to me is that this is a point that many very visible/famous poker players seem hesitant to make. A few years ago, there was even this sort of general sentiment among pros that “bum hunting” or seeking out worse opponents to play against was somehow unethical—which I never agreed with.

If you want to win in the long run, you have to play against people that aren’t as good of a poker player as you are, plain and simple! :)

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is nonsense in saying. It turns out that if Negreanu 5 is the best in the company of top high scooters, does he look like a cheater? I believe that all players in this situation are equal in status.:bandit::cool::bandit:

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he is right - if we want to play profitably - we have to look for weaker players from each other.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is new philosophical discipline negreanusophy

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I absolutely agree! If you are 5 then you should sit 6, 7, 8, 9, and so on)))

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting because it helps you keep thinking about improving day to be the best and is applied in anything in life, not to fall into a comfort zone on achieving certain goals, the need to achieve them look better and better every detail, without have distractions to reach the ultimate goal and be the best

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how damn right he is! I have not heard this before!

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He would obviously know what he is talking about. It's a funny quote though. I wonder
if the 5th best player could get lucky enough to win it all sometimes! For sure they would.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think if you consider yourself the fifth best player in the tournament, then you already have a loser thought ...
Think positive and play your game and do your analysis, previous wins don't title before head's up.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think is that way if is the 5 best player one of them will be the sucker loosing or ending in last place. But if you run lets say 5 different games the sucker will not always be the 5 best player, so I don't really think there is a sucker!

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I completely agree with Daniel, it sounds logical.

A

AndreasM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you sit at the table and are the 5th best player you would be able to adapt to the situation, tighten your game and by the end of it you could be the best one knocking someone else to the 5th place

0x3f3f3f3f

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats like joke. Top 5 players have almost same skills

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel loves to joke. He’s very cool. If he knew that his every word under the microscope was parsed on the forum, he would probably be very surprised. I think that his words do not mean anything.