What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It’s very true what you say .... but I doubt that in the near future will become Olympic sport !!!
Chess has existed for too long since the 10th century and it has not yet become a matter of becoming Olympic sports ... or maybe it happened and I do not know!

Yes, my friend happened, first the chess will be analyzed and then the Poker in the Match modality.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Maybe poker is a sport but does not meet the criteria of the Olympic Games.

Maybe not friend, just like chess poker is a sport of mind. Recognized worldwide since 2009.

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, Poker still suffers from many prejudices in world society. I believe that with this "final" step our beloved sport will be recognized as it deserves.

And you, what do you have to say about it?

In my opinion, to include a card game in the Olympic Games is nonsense. From time immemorial these games revealed physical strength and endurance, and not mental abilities. Too much in our time has been mixed up, but to mock the event like the Olympic Games is blasphemy !!! I love poker, I play poker, but excitement does not belong in such important events.

J

Jenya Zemlyanukhin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker does not need the Olympic Games. Hundreds of thousands of players compete daily. Yes, this is my opinion

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no way that poker will or shoyuld become an olmpic sport. There are some legitimate sports that should be in the Olmpics and they cannot even get there.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is great if it happens but how we will become involved and beautify

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider poker only a 'card game' with strategy/luck (together or not), is not eligible to participate of Olympic Games. What a kind of Olympic Games can you just win only with luck?

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Commentary without meaning, totally illogical (even with sarcasm).

Take it easy mate. You may even want blackjack, roulette and slots to be an Olympic game all you like but let me find this hilarious to say the least.

Do you imagine tony g, sheikhan, kassouf, schwartz, gavin smith and even hellmouth to represent your country?

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
t is well known that poker is not just a game of chance, but also a skill or mind sport. It has characteristics similar to those of the ladies or chess in the sense that all of them are games that require a great intellectual interaction.
And while neither chess nor checkers are currently recognized as Olympic sports, the World Chess Federation is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). That means that, in case of fulfilling the conditions of the Olympic Charter, it could request its inclusion in future Olympic games.

So, with all that bureaucracy, how could poker become an Olympic sport?

The way to become an Olympic sport
Who decides which sports meet the requirements to be part of the Olympic Games? At the 2016 Summer Olympics the list was made up of 28 sports, and another 5 are planned for the 2020 games. The International Olympic Committee has the final say on which sports are accepted or rejected. Over the years, the IOC has eliminated numerous sports, such as polo and rope play.

Let's know now what is the way to go to become an Olympic sport to see if poker has any chance. Well, the first step in the process is recognition as a sport by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). According to the IOC, the term "sport" does not have the same connotations as the definition of "sport" that appears in the dictionary and is very specific:

Olympic sports are all those events authorized by an international sports federation that can be divided into several disciplines, which are often considered separate sports.
The IOC also requires that the game, activity or sports tournament be managed by a non-governmental organization in charge of supervising at least one sport. Once a sport receives that recognition, it passes to the status of International Sports Federation (IF). At that time, the international organization in charge of supervising the sport must impose the tests inside and outside the competition required by the IOC, in addition to complying with the rules stipulated in the Olympic Charter.

But in order for a sport, discipline or event to really be incorporated into games, it must be widely accepted at a general level. In fact, it must be practiced by men in at least 75 countries and 4 continents and by women in no less than 40 countries and 3 continents! And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are lots more rules and regulations that have to be followed and followed.

I wanted to share this article of a web magazine, and my opinion on this, is that poker as an Olympic discipline, is far from being achieved.

G

GeorgeCarlin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The "glory time" of poker has past away, cybersport have more chances become olympic game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
t is well known that poker is not just a game of chance, but also a skill or mind sport. It has characteristics similar to those of the ladies or chess in the sense that all of them are games that require a great intellectual interaction.
And while neither chess nor checkers are currently recognized as Olympic sports, the World Chess Federation is recognized by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). That means that, in case of fulfilling the conditions of the Olympic Charter, it could request its inclusion in future Olympic games.

So, with all that bureaucracy, how could poker become an Olympic sport?

The way to become an Olympic sport
Who decides which sports meet the requirements to be part of the Olympic Games? At the 2016 Summer Olympics the list was made up of 28 sports, and another 5 are planned for the 2020 games. The International Olympic Committee has the final say on which sports are accepted or rejected. Over the years, the IOC has eliminated numerous sports, such as polo and rope play.

Let's know now what is the way to go to become an Olympic sport to see if poker has any chance. Well, the first step in the process is recognition as a sport by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). According to the IOC, the term "sport" does not have the same connotations as the definition of "sport" that appears in the dictionary and is very specific:

Olympic sports are all those events authorized by an international sports federation that can be divided into several disciplines, which are often considered separate sports.
The IOC also requires that the game, activity or sports tournament be managed by a non-governmental organization in charge of supervising at least one sport. Once a sport receives that recognition, it passes to the status of International Sports Federation (IF). At that time, the international organization in charge of supervising the sport must impose the tests inside and outside the competition required by the IOC, in addition to complying with the rules stipulated in the Olympic Charter.

But in order for a sport, discipline or event to really be incorporated into games, it must be widely accepted at a general level. In fact, it must be practiced by men in at least 75 countries and 4 continents and by women in no less than 40 countries and 3 continents! And that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are lots more rules and regulations that have to be followed and followed.

I wanted to share this article of a web magazine, and my opinion on this, is that poker as an Olympic discipline, is far from being achieved.

Fantastic article.

Well, in the analysis, as in Poker, if there is a 0.1% chance of winning a hand, that will happen at some point.
We just have to wait.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love poker .. it's been a part of my life for a long time ( I'm old hehe ) but as much as I do love poker .. I also love the Olympics and the spirit of fair and honest competition for your country and I truly feel poker has no place in the Olympic Games .. anymore than video games do or many other things that require much skill and a large amount of time perfecting your craft ... it's like apples and oranges to me, and as others have said .. what's next .. I think there has to be a line somewhere .... that being said I was pretty much against like, say snowboarding, and did not feel it belonged there .. after watching them kids out there the past few Olympics, I have changed my mind on that one and was excited as any kid to see our guys and gals doing amazing things and winning gold for My country, and they are truly amazing and I feel now that it is truly a real sport.. anyhow just one person's opinion : )

Every opinion is valid and we must respect.

I also think poker goes a bit against the essence of the Olympics. But the fact is that just like chess and e-games Poker will be analyzed for a possible entry into the Olympics. It will not be easy, but possible.
And if the answer is possible I only see advantages to our game so loved.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that many people on Earth love this game, certainly a sporting interest in the game. But the map and the sport are not compatible, it's just my opinion

I agree, it's totally the reverse of the pattern of the Greek Olympics. But we are evolving. Maybe it's Poker's chance.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hi poker do not need to be Olimpic game it is already all over the world,

Undoubtedly, but perhaps being Olympic, it puts an end to the prejudice that still spreads throughout the world.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You really need a SERIOUS reality check.

Poker is a card game which involves strategy, math, and a small amount of good fortune, nowhere in this mix involves a single physical aspect to outperform any other competitor to prove one athleticism.

I'm sorry, but if anyone needs anything here, it's you.
If you doubt anything today, I present you with a solution that is not an arrogant mind.

www.google.com

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that yes will come the moment that poker will have the respect it deserves and especially people will realize that it is a sport of the mind and not a game of chance.

Exactly, despite being recognized as a sport of spirit since 2009 worldwide, there is still a lot of prejudice with our beloved sport.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
---Quote (Originally by DiegoRamos)---
Yes, a sport of mind. IMSA acknowledged this in 2009.
Chess is in the queue of analyzes for the Olympic games, soon afterwards comes the poker.
---End Quote---

So, as a "sport of mind", poker is an acquired skill?
If this is true, how much skill needs to be exhibited before poker is a game of skill and not a game of chance (gambling)?

Do not believe me, search on google.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not a chance. Many people still consider poker as a card game, gambling even. But some of us considers it a mind sport like chess. But chess never got into the olympics does it?

People who do not consider poker as a sport of the mind have some serious problems, since since 2009 it has been recognized worldwide by IMSA.

I see it as a problem because we are in a globalized world. With the information to a screen. Need only do a search on that micro site called Google.
But okay, each person knows how to acquire their knowledge (or not).

Regarding chess as well as the e-sports are also in line for a possible entry into the Olympics.

So I think the following way, if they are in the queue, there is a possibility. Even if it is small and fled the essence of the Greek Olympics.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously........ What color is the sky in the world you live in.... ???