What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that poker will not become an Olympic sport, it is a gambling card game that is banned in some countries!

Well, it is forbidden in few countries. But recognized worldwide as Sport of mind. Perhaps the IOC will take this into account in its analysis.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker can not seem to recognize the sport, to say nothing of the Olympic games. I think it's never gonna be nothing.

You're wrong. Poker is recognized as a mind game since 2009.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that poker as well as chess should become Olympic sport, because it is a sport of the mind where the smartest win

I also follow the same reasoning. If skateboarding and surfing succeeded, I see no barriers to poker and chess.

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, a sport of mind. IMSA acknowledged this in 2009.
Chess is in the queue of analyzes for the Olympic games, soon afterwards comes the poker.

Okay, I can understand sports of the mind. But in the true spirit of the Olympics, it was always a physical one. How the original games in ancient Greece grew into what we have in modern days is getting a little bit silly.

Thinking that Poker will follow Chess as a natural progression is not likely. What would you consider to be amateur status for a poker player? Would Negreanu qualify as the Canadian Dream Team member? Would this trickle down as a Collegiate Sport with drafts to professional teams of the World Poker League? :)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As for me, poker is a sport. I think, in the near future Poker will become an Olympic sport. It will be great.

Undoubtedly, and with that I believe that will totally end the prejudice with our beloved game.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that poker is not a sport in the full sense of the word. All the same, the Olympics, this is all that is associated with physical exertion. What kind of Olympic games will there be when they begin to play checkers, poker, chess and dominoes.) This is unlikely to happen. And do not worry about it. We all have places to watch poker competitions.

Is not it mental effort enough?
I believe it is the greatest and richest strength a person has to do.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Match poker is recognized as an observer sport right now so that could be moved up into a olympic sport someday. I feel like in general though the olympics are so watered down by sports that it's almost impossible to enjoy them anymore. If it gets added I'll watch it but it's probably going to take from my badminton coverage lol

I believe that Match Poker will be the door of entry, after NL Hold'em, omaha, stud, razz ... among others. I think it's just a start.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is true, then I am for it. With the popularization of poker in it will be more fish. And maybe poker is legalized in Russia.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I agree with you, but this one in analyzes again for entrance the Chess and soon afterwards the Poker.

Think, if skateboarding and surfing came in, why not Chess and Poker?

It’s very true what you say .... but I doubt that in the near future will become Olympic sport !!!
Chess has existed for too long since the 10th century and it has not yet become a matter of becoming Olympic sports ... or maybe it happened and I do not know!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Approximately 30% of the Earth's population could be Olympic? What chances would we have? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Your comment does not make you feel any.
77% of the Brazilian population plays football, either in a professional or recreational way. Do you know what this is?
Only 30 Olympic players are chosen.

That is, obviously there will be a selection with the best players in the world representing their countries.
This is basic...

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 2009 IMSA recognized Poker as well as xadres as a sport of mind. In this situation I think Poker fits like a sport, does not it?
Maybe poker is a sport but does not meet the criteria of the Olympic Games.

konatus

konatus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe not

Poker is great game of math and psy, but needs more things else to be a olympic game

Shady Slim

Shady Slim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mind Game Olympics (chess, poker, jeopardy)

It’s very true what you say .... but I doubt that in the near future will become Olympic sport !!!
Chess has existed for too long since the 10th century and it has not yet become a matter of becoming Olympic sports ... or maybe it happened and I do not know!

Maybe make it an offshot of the Olympic Games. They have the Special Olympics.

An Olympics for all of the games people play while sitting at a table. Chess would be at the top of the list. Can call it the Mind Game Olympics.

My list of the games that could be entered for the first Mind Game Olympics:

• Chess
  • Trivial Pursuit (singles/doubles)
  • Backgammon
  • Poker
  • TiddlyWinks
  • Jeopardy

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love poker .. it's been a part of my life for a long time ( I'm old hehe ) but as much as I do love poker .. I also love the Olympics and the spirit of fair and honest competition for your country and I truly feel poker has no place in the Olympic Games .. anymore than video games do or many other things that require much skill and a large amount of time perfecting your craft ... it's like apples and oranges to me, and as others have said .. what's next .. I think there has to be a line somewhere .... that being said I was pretty much against like, say snowboarding, and did not feel it belonged there .. after watching them kids out there the past few Olympics, I have changed my mind on that one and was excited as any kid to see our guys and gals doing amazing things and winning gold for My country, and they are truly amazing and I feel now that it is truly a real sport.. anyhow just one person's opinion : )

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Maybe make it an offshot of the Olympic Games. They have the Special Olympics.

An Olympics for all of the games people play while sitting at a table. Chess would be at the top of the list. Can call it the Mind Game Olympics.

My list of the games that could be entered for the first Mind Game Olympics:

• Chess
  • Trivial Pursuit (singles/doubles)
  • Backgammon
  • Poker
  • TiddlyWinks
  • Jeopardy

This is a great idea: Olimpic Mind Sport! We have the idea. Now let's see who has the opportunity and the interest to implement it!

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
This is a great idea: Olimpic Mind Sport! We have the idea. Now let's see who has the opportunity and the interest to implement it!

Sorry.... I wanted to say: “ Mind Game Olimpics” !!!

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Approximately 30% of the Earth's population could be Olympic? What chances would we have? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
You're gonna be the best Olympian.:D

kucu2014

kucu2014

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm pretty good, but if you seriously ask me, I think they're never recognized as a sport

MetaDon7577

MetaDon7577

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that many people on Earth love this game, certainly a sporting interest in the game. But the map and the sport are not compatible, it's just my opinion