What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
As for me, poker is a sport. I think, in the near future Poker will become an Olympic sport. It will be great.

vavilen_

vavilen_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is not the place for the Olympic Games! although I really love poker!

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think that poker is not a sport in the full sense of the word. All the same, the Olympics, this is all that is associated with physical exertion. What kind of Olympic games will there be when they begin to play checkers, poker, chess and dominoes.) This is unlikely to happen. And do not worry about it. We all have places to watch poker competitions.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
If poker became an Olympic event ever , it would really be awesome , I would love to watch it :)

thatguy6793

thatguy6793

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Match poker is recognized as an observer sport right now so that could be moved up into a olympic sport someday. I feel like in general though the olympics are so watered down by sports that it's almost impossible to enjoy them anymore. If it gets added I'll watch it but it's probably going to take from my badminton coverage lol

Jockerist

Jockerist

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?"

Don't make me laugh.

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Don't make me laugh.

First of all I think that most poker players would not pass the anti-doping test :vollkomme:vollkomme:vollkomme:vollkomme:vollkomme:vollkomme

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I would like it be.

But it is never going to happen.

E

Erase209

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a sport, it seems to me

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips

Don't make me laugh.

Approximately 30% of the Earth's population could be Olympic? What chances would we have? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I love poker, but I would not like to see him at the Olympic Games. The Olympic Games were in the beginning bearing a strong message of peace (today this sense has been lost) but still offer a lot of joy to all of us who love sports.

Poker is not a classic sport (the question is whether it's a sport at all)

In 2009 IMSA recognized Poker as well as xadres as a sport of mind. In this situation I think Poker fits like a sport, does not it?

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's to much variance to make it an Olympic sport, but if they did I would for sure watch or try to been in the event!

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Seriously, a sport? Nah, it will never happen. If it did, where would it stop -- chess, backgammon, solitaire, or how about tiddly-winks!

Yes, a sport of mind. IMSA acknowledged this in 2009.
Chess is in the queue of analyzes for the Olympic games, soon afterwards comes the poker.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Any thing is possible. Not sure how it would play out. As a HU type tournament or as a small fields type MTT. Hate to say never, there are some pretty lame Olympic events.

The mode under analysis is Match Poker.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ridiculous poker is no sport

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It would be very cool if poker was included in the list of Olympic sports! I believe that poker is genius and that it is banned in some countries stupid and unfair .. This game is worthy to take its place among the major sports on an equal footing with chess for example!

I agree fully with you, this equal with the chess is even from 2009 according to IMSA. But it is regrettable that some countries continue their restrictions.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd love to see the average gambler, fat, lousy, big mouth, drunk, cheater and con artist to represent the flag of a whole country!:D:D:D

D

dear7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is happen, I will be an sportsman. All people who playing poker will be sportsman. Even dude who weight 120 kg.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not think he will become Olympic sports! Not because I would not want it. Think of Chess .... from the 10th century until now has not become Olympic sport !! Let’s be realistic!

I agree with you, but this one in analyzes again for entrance the Chess and soon afterwards the Poker.

Think, if skateboarding and surfing came in, why not Chess and Poker?

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The motto of the Olympic Games is "faster, higher, stronger!" I just do not know where in this slogan to determine poker))), if poker becomes an Olympic sport, then only after the changes in the motto of the Olympic Games)))

Mentally stronger?