What do you think about Poker becoming Olympic sport?

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi poker do not need to be Olimpic game it is already all over the world,

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really need a SERIOUS reality check.

Poker is a card game which involves strategy, math, and a small amount of good fortune, nowhere in this mix involves a single physical aspect to outperform any other competitor to prove one athleticism.

rossi007

rossi007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where and how I post a thread

come on give us a break

loved ur answer...they are all in drugs and redbulls...lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that yes will come the moment that poker will have the respect it deserves and especially people will realize that it is a sport of the mind and not a game of chance.

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let's not disturb the flies with cutlets! and we will soon offer eating hot dogs to recognize an Olympic sport!

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
---Quote (Originally by DiegoRamos)---
Yes, a sport of mind. IMSA acknowledged this in 2009.
Chess is in the queue of analyzes for the Olympic games, soon afterwards comes the poker.
---End Quote---

So, as a "sport of mind", poker is an acquired skill?
If this is true, how much skill needs to be exhibited before poker is a game of skill and not a game of chance (gambling)?

B

badgerjim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a chance

Because poker is not a true sport, it will not get added. If my country would get over its stupidity about online poker it would be more mainstream and attract alot more players.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I think that this will necessarily happen in the near future.
P.S. And I will receive a gold medal.

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Hello.

I think that this will necessarily happen in the near future.

P.S. And I will receive a gold medal.

For the gold medal you have to win me first! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
No way, Poker is Not a Sport, for me is an Entertainment and costly If you dont follow the BRM. :jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a chance. Many people still consider poker as a card game, gambling even. But some of us considers it a mind sport like chess. But chess never got into the olympics does it?

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I won't be missed because of the doping test.:D

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]✌️✌️✌️

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like it if it really becomes an Olympic sport. It deserves this,obviously.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as there is gender testing as i dont think its fair that trans can play as both sexs .

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
new zealand leads the way again : Openly transgender man, in front after snatch in commonwealth games womans weight lifting competition .
LOL Woman after snatch ; sounds more BI than TRANS .

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker probably will never be an olympic sport, and honestly really shouldn't. Those are reserved for real sports and challenges. The same goes for e-sports. Not saying there shouldn't be any competitive organizations, such as we already have, just that it doesn't qualify as an olympic sport.

Dora

Dora

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker will never be a sport, let alone an Olympic one.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'd love to see the average gambler, fat, lousy, big mouth, drunk, cheater and con artist to represent the flag of a whole country!:D:D:D

Commentary without meaning, totally illogical (even with sarcasm).

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it is happen, I will be an sportsman. All people who playing poker will be sportsman. Even dude who weight 120 kg.

Yes, poker is played with the mind, not with the scales.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Okay, I can understand sports of the mind. But in the true spirit of the Olympics, it was always a physical one. How the original games in ancient Greece grew into what we have in modern days is getting a little bit silly.

Thinking that Poker will follow Chess as a natural progression is not likely. What would you consider to be amateur status for a poker player? Would Negreanu qualify as the Canadian Dream Team member? Would this trickle down as a Collegiate Sport with drafts to professional teams of the World Poker League? :)

I understand your ideology and agree on parts. But the world is in change. There may be this change in my point of view. Today we have surfing and skateboarding. I do not see many barriers to being broken.
Of course, the players who will be there will have to be the best, just like all other sports.

Remember, this is my point of view for the acceptance of poker in the Olympics.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If this is true, then I am for it. With the popularization of poker in it will be more fish. And maybe poker is legalized in Russia.

It's true, do a quick search on Google and you'll see.

I believe that the greatest benefit will be legalization in all countries. Of course, totally banish the prejudice that still perceives our game.