What do you do when you are unmotivated to play

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So player, when you get tired of the game, what do you do to reverse that feeling.:jd4:
I never get tired of playing, just get tired while playing. I try to stay awake but it never ends well. So now if I feel tired I have a nap before I even think about playing.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Take a break and watch some motivational movies

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When I don't have the motivation to play, I just don't play. Sooner or later the desire comes and the game resumes

722Wade722

722Wade722

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Lol poker is a break from my kids. But seriously, when I’m not feeling it I play with the kids, play my drums (or whatever other hobbies you may have), or even watch poker streams or YouTube.

If my hearts not in it at the time, neither is my mind, and that’s no way for me to play. But in all honesty I don’t play a lot cuz life is busy so I haven’t hit that wall much yet if at all. I’m more excited when I get a chance to play for even 30min to an hour lol

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am not motivated to play, I simply do not play, remember that the mental state will influence the performance of your game, so without motivation it will be better to spend your time on something else and then when you recover the desire to play, return to the tables
Try to play "really tight and shove" for a while.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just taking a break from Igia for a day or a week, last year I lost my motivation so much that I was on vacation for 3 months. After the rest, motivation comes, and the desire to win also comes.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a recreational player, so I only play when I'm motivated.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably how you treat burn out, have a break go to the gym run enjoy nature, eat yummt but healthy foods then come back

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends why the motivation is low. If its due to exhaustion, I take small break.

If its due to downswing, I lower the stakes or take a break and do hand reviews/study.

R

RAGNARKZ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
When I don't want to play, I'm always lucky, and when I'm in the mood to play, the map doesn't work

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually just came back from a few weeks of not having time or motivation to play and won the daily 100$ CC on pokerstars last night. Very happy with my play. Taking a short break works well.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's hard to be unmotivated when you play poker for money. When I'm fed up with playing poker, I take a short break from playing (1-2 days) or play only freerolls for relaxation.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't play and wait another day or listen to music or join friends and family

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As anything in life, without dedication u won't reach long, so u have to learn how to go on even when u're feeling unmotivated.
U can stop a little the tables and go study some topic u have troubles on, or u can learn how to improve ur B game, something that can be very usefull.

A

allfarewells

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would advise you or anyone who feels they have a lack of motivation to play to simply take a break and do something else… it’s very easy to go on tilt and destroy your bankroll if your not motivated my friend

God bless
❤️🙏

Pulse_69

Pulse_69

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
If I don't have motivation, then I just don't play, I do other things, I think that in order to play well, I need a good mood and inspiration.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t play of course, it’s stupid to sit down to play when there is no motivation, but I notice that the more I don’t play, the less I want to sit down and play, in my opinion it’s good for me, because of course I earn a living, of course, not poker, and I’m less I will spend time doing harmful activities, namely, sitting in one place for several hours

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I'm tired, I just take a few days off and rest

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I'm unmotivated I take a break for a week and then I come with everything,

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if u are taking seriously the idea of becoming a profesional, u should play it anyways, because just like any other job, u are not in the best of your mood every single day. In poker we need to play the best of us, but when we can't do that, or when we are playing our B game, we should still learn how to improve our B game.

YevheniiKobliuk

YevheniiKobliuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi!

I have no problem with this. On the contrary, I am very motivated to play, but even in some cases I understand that I need rest, corny so that the brain rests. In the meantime, I'm ready to play 24/7. :eek:

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All players go through ups and downs in terms of motivation. However, when those cycles keep you from achieving your poker goals, it's time to take a closer look at the source of the problem, so you don't look back later and think "what if I had done more?"