Status
Not open for further replies.
CAPT. ZIGZAG

CAPT. ZIGZAG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally, it can be quite profitable, to be perceived as a fish. ;)

-

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally, it can be quite profitable, to be perceived as a fish. ;)

-

Fish is not the same as Donkey, please do not make that mistake.

Donkey is unpredictable, random, non sensical.

Fish is the one percieved as easy money, due to being predictable.
eg plays any Ace rag, pictures or pairs and draws all the way to the river.
So you make money by betting all the way to the river (but remember to fold if the fish hits).

And yes as above some fish can be predators too on occasion utilising their image.

Fish can eat and be eaten.
Donkeys are just a kick in the Ass.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a fish

Would have to agree that a fish is someone who lacks poker skills, but calling people names is kind of showing your inability to accept a bad beat. I might say something about the beat being sick or something like that but never about a player themselves.

Take care

L

luzmaria

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me fish is someone who really sucks in poker and has no idea what she/he is doing...someone who calls any bet any raise with any cards and hoping to get lucky and the sad part is that many of them do get lucky and beat your killer hand with some crap...worste of the all is that many poker sites seems to be awarding they game...FISH really annoying players

G

Goodbeard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
"Fish" it what the losers say. I used to think it was some kind of an insult (bad losers) but I guess they were just referring to themselves.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is a fish? Anytime I need an answer to this question, I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, And there is my answer.

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fish is a person who is just a terrible poker player. A person that will call with a 26 preflop allin and win. He will suck out a lot and definately not place in a tournament. A fish is the same thing as a donkey in poker.
This is too results oriented.

A fish "will call with 26 preflop allin" period. He is the only one who wins those hands because he is the only one that makes that play. He only sucks out more because he is in a position to do so more often, but his frequency of sucking out is the same as a pro. Just remember that, it will help keep your blood pressure from rising.

T0mmmi

T0mmmi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
FISH>>> This player is loose and many-times plays aggressive + he loves to bluffs A LOT . His style is more then an unprofitable playing style. This is a very weak player and you should be searching for tables where are more than one fishes....This is a great place to play and win money :)

T

terryg642

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what is a fish

A consistently bad player someone who losses a high percentage of the time,the poker pros will tag these players and find them at the tables in order to extract profit it's the dark side of poker.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have found this term tossed around so many times. i have used it in many of ways but in the long run... are we all "fish"?? yea we flop nut flush draws and straight draws and do chase them... but should the term "fish" only be used when calling an all-in on a draw? i want to hear what everyone thinks because i think the term "fish" is what we call people when they outdraw us. i find myself as being a hypocryte calling someone a fish but then again if im drawing to the nut flush or nut straight, im not leaving the pot unless it's a ridiculous bet... so, what is you're definition of a "fish?"

well fish is someone new,newbie,noob or how ever u want to call it...

fishes are new players that still learns game,they call most of raises,they dont 3b etc,they play a lot of hands,they play crap hands...

so if you had nut flush draw lets say with K3s,K4s,Q2s or similar and someone said you are fish than he was right indeed...
not cause you are fish,but playing with K3s is fishy move...

you shouldnt never enter a pot with those,unless you are BB and check in

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am happy to read these replies, I always wondered, and is a donk the same as a fish?

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what I have read,I think I might just be a fish, A fugly one at that.

rifflemao

rifflemao

Pugs Not Drugs
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is there anyone who would admint HE IS a fish? :D

:hello: I'm a fish at cash games that I'm not rolled for. Admitting that while reviewing hand histories helped me practice better brm. Basically if you're afraid to lose your stack, then you are an exploitable fish.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F I S H
-loose passive player.
-he is a losing player and yet doesnt understand why he is losing.
-ATM
-small creature swimming in a table with many sharks.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play a freeroll or a low tournament and you will find out. is someone who plays bad, i think its on purpose in some cases and sometimes gets lucky and eliminates you from a tournament with a bad beat or just a lucky board like 223 and the fish has 23 and beat your aces, or any pocket pair...

D

dasher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am happy to read these replies, I always wondered, and is a donk the same as a fish?
A fish generally plays too many hands and then plays them passively. They're the ones who chase draws with bad odds and who will call you down with very marginal values, but rarely make value bets themselves.

I think a donk is more general bad play. A donk can play aggressively, but not wisely.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unbelieveble bump...lmao.

A fish is any member of a paraphyletic group of organisms that consist of all gill-bearing aquatic craniate animals that lack limbs with digits. Most fish are ectothermic, though some of the large active swimmers can hold a higher core temperature.

Rumor has it that poker is very profitable anywhere under a depth of 10 feet below sea level.

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But.
Small ball poker can be easily mistaken with fish...
They play lot of hands,but they fold bad ones:)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

A

AdrianoPessoa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to me a tight passive player is a fish and a loose passive player is a donkey. but you have to know how to take advantage of any style of player. then you're a shark!

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for all the responses I did not know what a FISH in poker is very funny I just sit and read all the comments with a huge smile on her face !!!

and tell me how I can name you a BEGINNER who is more than JUST can NOT PLAY POKER????????? I just have such cases when I play AA map and he plays it 2-8 honestly surprised

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish is a person who play weak poker. It's person who sees no difference between AA or 27. This is often a gambler playing on the slot machines. Every single hands looks the same... It's good to play with them

T

tyyymyshoe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Would have to agree that a fish is someone who lacks poker skills, but calling people names is kind of showing your inability to accept a bad beat. I might say something about the beat being sick or something like that but never about a player themselves.

Take care

"calling people names is kind of showing your inability to accept a bad beat"

Couldn't say it better.

L

Lucky_z_UA

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish is a man who makes the first steps in poker

Status
Not open for further replies.