EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
FISH>>> This player is loose and many-times plays aggressive + he loves to bluffs A LOT . His style is more then an unprofitable playing style. This is a very weak player and you should be searching for tables where are more than one fishes....This is a great place to play and win money :)

A fish is not aggressive.

What you have referred to is called a donk.

Fish is ATC but plays it passively and a donk is ATC and plays it aggressively. That is the difference between a fish and a donk :)

If I am not correct, I will eat my beanie :D

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fish is not aggressive.

What you have referred to is called a donk.

Fish is ATC but plays it passively and a donk is ATC and plays it aggressively. That is the difference between a fish and a donk :)

If I am not correct, I will eat my beanie :D

Correct aggron donks and passive fishes

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, I am reading this thread while playing 02/05 on Bovada. I get A-9 in late position and raise to .25. Three guys call. The last guy to call had a 2-3 spades. Flop comes up A-K-5 with one spade. Checks all around. Turn comes up 9 of spades, giving me two pair. I bet $1.00. First guy calls, next guy folds, 2-3 calls. Of course, turn comes up Queen of spades and he hits his flush. Unbelievable. Classic definition of a fish play. He had no guarantees to win even if he hit the flush with a 2-3. Called a 3x BB raise with three other callers with a 3-2 suited and then hit the flush. And I'm sure he went around thinking he was God's gift to poker when he hit that. And then, to top it all off, he cashed out immediately afterwards. So not only did I get beaten by a fish, but then he ratholed me.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
OK, I am reading this thread while playing 02/05 on Bovada. I get A-9 in late position and raise to .25. Three guys call. The last guy to call had a 2-3 spades. Flop comes up A-K-5 with one spade. Checks all around. Turn comes up 9 of spades, giving me two pair. I bet $1.00. First guy calls, next guy folds, 2-3 calls. Of course, turn comes up Queen of spades and he hits his flush. Unbelievable. Classic definition of a fish play. He had no guarantees to win even if he hit the flush with a 2-3. Called a 3x BB raise with three other callers with a 3-2 suited and then hit the flush. And I'm sure he went around thinking he was God's gift to poker when he hit that. And then, to top it all off, he cashed out immediately afterwards. So not only did I get beaten by a fish, but then he ratholed me.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt :(

K

kungfupanda1105

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
weak player or calling station

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

He chased his str8.. And why you didnt cbet?

R

Ronoh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Judging from the responses in this thread a fish is aggressive and not aggressive, passive and not passive, always calling with any draw and/or always calling with any pair... in other words there is no widely accepted definition for the term "fish".

A fish is whatever you want him to be.

SloPowers

SloPowers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
according to my holdem indicator, a fish is someone who voluntarily puts money in the pot more than 33%... so they are seeing lots of flops likely with 'any 2' cards. It also says they are not very aggressive but passively make very loose calls! I call them moneymakers!

JaxA

JaxA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is a fish? Anytime I need an answer to this question, I go to the bathroom and look in the mirror, And there is my answer.
Lol awesome answer. It took me a very long time to realize I was a fish and start to change it.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is my best example of fish play, unfortunately for me he sucked out.

IPoker, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

CO: $3.48 (87 bb)
Hero (BB): $7.10 (177.5 bb)
Preflop: Hero is BB with Ac Ah
CO calls $0.04, Hero raises to $0.16, CO raises to $3.48 and is all-in, Hero calls $3.32

Flop: ($6.98) Qc 2s 5d (2 players, 1 is all-in)
Turn: 9d
River: Ad

Final Board: Qc 2s 5d 9d Ad
CO showed 7d Kd and won $6.52 ($3.04 net)
Hero mucked Ac Ah and lost (-$3.48 net)

R

Ronoh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is my best example of fish play, unfortunately for me he sucked out.
This is more about being the 58th person to post a "bad beat" today than of showing off "fish play".

Please let this be a lesson to each and every one of you... no one cares what flavor of beat you took. I'm new to this place but am a poker forum veteran with five-figures worth of posts over the last ten years... please get it through your heads because the sheer volume of penny players ranting about losing a dollar is ridiculous.

Are you people after a pat on the back or what?

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is more about being the 58th person to post a "bad beat" today than of showing off "fish play".

Please let this be a lesson to each and every one of you... no one cares what flavor of beat you took. I'm new to this place but am a poker forum veteran with five-figures worth of posts over the last ten years... please get it through your heads because the sheer volume of penny players ranting about losing a dollar is ridiculous.

Are you people after a pat on the back or what?

Agree with you,but you could give answer to op at least....

sam1chips

sam1chips

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't necessarily say "bluff"...when I think of fish i say "value bets weak hands". From the outside it looks like a bluff, but in their mind they honestly think that they're value betting with 3rd pair, etc etc

akaRobbo

akaRobbo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish are my friends at the table. At least, that's what they think :)

O

OldDog456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fish are players you put on your buddy list so you can find them when you play.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great poker players as TEMPRO say FISH are recreational players.
So for me a FISH is a recreational player, I mean a player who does not keep player notes, see no poker professionally.

V

vis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Level "0" or 1 thinking poker player. One who doesn't even know how to play the game, or is only thinking about it's own holdings.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
than the one who plays any cards and hopes to be the best...call with any and hope :)))you can tell them easily ... but still are dangerous because if they are lucky two hands is possible to ask all in and have a strong hand

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A fish is a player who puts money into a pot when he knows he is behind, hoping that he'll hit the card on the river he needs. Fish will play about any 2 suited or connected pocket cards, will hold onto a low or mid pair even though there are several over cards on the board and people are betting, all in the hopes that the river card will give him a set/flush so that he can win the hand. In other words, these guys play a lot of -EV hands and wonder why they keep coming out behind.

J

jancika77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think fish is someone who beats you with terrible starting hand, goes all in and gets lucky. That is why I do not like going all in only if I have much larger chip count then player going all in.

Status
Not open for further replies.