UB STAND UP

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ultimatebet still has one of the BEST tournament structures on the web, and offers the BEST rake (standard 10%) at micro limit tournaments (unlike FT and PS who charge 20-25%), and has the BEST stakes (as low as $0.20 + 0.02) for bankroll management with limited resources.

The rake here is great. The micros are a gold mine if you are patient.

i still think theres cheating at UB. some guy had $340 in his stack at 0.10/0.25 where the max buy in is $25 lol

Well I had a $95 stack at a $10 table. So $340 isn't out of reason there.

May have been under a previous owner, but it is the present ownership that was guilty of dragging it's feet in the enquiry, hoping that the allegations would run out of steam.

I hate Ultimatebet for a different reason - their minimum deposit is $25. Their minimum withdrawal? $50! Crooks

I don't know what you've used to deposit but the minimum that I can do is $50.

However, their bonus NEVER expires, unlike every other site where there is a time frame for clearing/earning.

I had $75 in bonus money from over a year sitting there because I was playing at stars and FT all of the time. I've got it now.

UB was my first site and it's still my favorite site.

Personally I prefer the software at UB to anywhere else. The miniview feature is fantastic, I don't need to see a "round" table, just minimize things so I can fit a bunch of tables on my screen and still be able to surf the net.

And you don't have to worry about bad chat when you knock a player out of a tourney. Their chat is off for that tourney when they get knocked out..

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As a matter if interest, the KGC released a press statement today regarding the Absolute Poker/Ultimatebet scandal.

It's possibly the most laughable, banal, non commital bunch of nonsense I've ever read. Have these guys got any credibility left at all?

You might want to post the link here, or in a new KGC thread. As for banal non-commital nonsense, that is common for most corporate types caught with their pants down, particularly when trying to (re)cover for previous management. Would like to read it tho.

Go UB!!

Last edited:
Snowman1964

Snowman1964

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might want to post the link here, or in a new KGC thread. As for banal non-commital nonsense, that is common for most corporate types caught with their pants down, particularly when trying to (re)cover for previous management. Would like to read it tho.

Sure thing.
Give me a couple of hours to get a few notes together and I'll post it here (I've got bucket loads of information relating to this, some of which can't be posted, but I'll organise the stuff that can). If the mods want to open a new thread it could be useful as I think this is an important issue for us all.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure thing.
Give me a couple of hours to get a few notes together and I'll post it here (I've got bucket loads of information relating to this, some of which can't be posted, but I'll organise the stuff that can). If the mods want to open a new thread it could be useful as I think this is an important issue for us all.
NEW THREAD NEW THREAD!
You can start the thread yourself snowey, should be fun.
Meanwhile this thread is about UB, you bet!!!

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW I have to admit to being biased, as I met Annie Duke one day in the hotel (now now) and she signed my shirt. If you send me $10 I will tell you what she wrote.
She has one of the most brilliant math and odds minds I have ever met, sort of like a rainlady.
No Annie or women poker player bashing on this thread pls, start another for that, otherwise I am on a plane tonite.

Attachments

• annieduke1.JPG
    annieduke1.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 3
bonflizubi

bonflizubi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'mnot sure what the fuss is all about. I mean of course I am.. but:

I feel from all the reading I have done (and I've done a lot of reading on it, that what is coming out now is just more and more details of what happened in the PAST. There have been no new allegations of cheating about anything post the whole superuser scandal timeframe; only additional information about more suspected cheating at that time.

This is no different then a bank or company having found fraud or malfeasance, dec;laing publicly the amount of it... and then 6 months later having to go *oops* it wasn't X amount, it was X times 2 back when it happened.

I'm firmly convinced that if anything funny were going on today it would be found out so fast by all the internet cybersleuth poker players who I am sure are watching very closely for anything odd.

SOmeone wrote earlier about seeing a bunch of quads one night. Well, I got flopped quads twice on bodog last week. In the same tourney. BUt I don't think it's rigged. It's just rare.

And to the good points: Now is a great time to play UB. Why?

-A lot of the better higher stakes players haver left in protest. Others who read the net a lot may be shying away. Which means that the games are all softer. I don't play cash games, but I'd suspect that every tourney or game will have easier opponents for the above reasone.

- THey have sweet tourney overlays at the moment, especially in the sniper tourneys. And those are just plain fun on top of everything.

- For tourneys anyway (can't speak to cash) the interface is very quick, no lag, easy to use. Better I'd say then any of the others I play on. Maybe pstars is better but that is it. (My only annoyance is that 100,000 chips doesnt have the bleepin comma on their site so it shows a 100000 and could be misread.)

-And lastly, a standard check cashout, not even by courier - by regular mail, was in my hands and in the bank with in 5 business days of request. And it was mailed on the west coast and sent to the east! And on top, it didn't bounce. For a US player, that's record time.

Snowman1964

Snowman1964

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take your point but there are a couple of overriding considerations.

Firstly, the KGC are about to submit their ruling on the Ultimate Bet scandal and it could have wide ranging implications for the industry. Sure, we're watching closely but it won't be anything like as closely as legislators in countries like the US where an imminent change of administration could mean reinstating a favourable policy towards online gaming.

Secondly, new information and details are being investigated and revealed as we speak with evidence this thing went a lot deeper than was initially thought. On past actions it's unwise to rely on Absolute Poker/Ultimatebet to give us a definitive and complete statement so it's only forums such as this that keep everyone else updated with any developments.

Indeed, there are still a hell of a lot of people who unaware that anything untoward occurred at this company and they have the same right as everyone else to know the facts. By and large the individuals on various forums that update AP/UB threads are responsible people who only put something into the public domain when they are satisfied of it's validity. Be it those investigating, collating or editing summaries they will only do so when they've been able to check, double-check and verify the information they have.

I don't believe anyone is deliberately trying to slam AP/UB or the KGC for the sake of it but rather continue their efforts because they have a genuine concern for the future of a game we all love. If just one sentence manages to change a single aspect of policy for the better every single person would consider their time and efforts had been worthwhile.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone wanna go heads up 2-5 bucks HORSE at UB? Pls reply here.

MrMuckets

MrMuckets

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Annie Duke, UltimateBet not so much.:(:(

P

poker d player

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One thing that can be said about U B is that they don't have any shortage of freerolls. It seems like they have more than any other site I have found even tho the prizes are smaller than at other sites, the rfrequency more than makes up for that.

I also like thier min view of the table that lets me play multiple games more easily than at other sites.

S

sleepy11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played on ultimate bet for about 4 years now. I know they had that cheating scandal but, once that is fixed I don't think they are any worse than any other site. I think all the sites I have played on all have some questionable things about them from time to time. If there is a way to cheat someone will figure it out.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played on ultimate bet for about 4 years now. I know they had that cheating scandal but, once that is fixed I don't think they are any worse than any other site. I think all the sites I have played on all have some questionable things about them from time to time. If there is a way to cheat someone will figure it out.
Exactly, I agree. And I have already said that the tremendous scrutiny visited on AP and UB will make them behave like very, very good boys for some time to come.

Last edited:
R

rfdouggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a lot of the ultimate bet freerolls . and other than the waits involved it is a decent site. Past transgressions and all the rhetoric is of no consequence to me for I like the practice in patience that ultimate bet gives me, the site is fine , It's the players choice as to how they view and judge any site, personally:D I like it because the breaks give me a chance to grab coffee and go to the little boys room, so I play there almost every day.:deal: