Top 10 Poker Variations

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite poker game its texas abut i like play and Omaha H/L is a game which, according to your opinion, you have more chances of winning the pot every turn and it is all possible !! :) :)

Halcyon1979

Halcyon1979

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing both razz and seven card stud, however, and I am mildly surprised at seeing someone else familiar with the game, I can play the 4 card low game Badugi for days and days.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play holdem the most but I really love PLO and am just starting to play stud.

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
greetings this issue in if I go alone for three types of variation of game that are holdem, Razz and Stud Poker, I get more familiar with that three types of game, I try to play more the last two to gain more experience, although the game more than no name is the omaha without limit, in cash tables, but so much variation of poker does not go with my lover of holdem, but it is never too late to learn other types of card game ..

Last edited by a moderator:
Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I grew up playing 5 card draw and only played other variants here at CardsChat, my fave of the Omaha games is the No Limit Hi/Lo games, I am shyte at it but I have had some success.

:top:

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do enjoy the poker variations but Holdem is still my favorite. I'm not as confident playing the others due mainly to a lack of experience--probably, why the variations are so appealing to those who take the time to become proficient at them. While many, many people have become relatively competent at Holdem, the same cannot be said for some of the variations. So, it's an opportunity to gain some separation from the masses, I would imagine. (I'm don't have any data to support this but it seems right.)

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played a lot of "dealers choice" games when I was young, 7 card stud was one of the most popular games. We never even heard of hold-em back then. I like to play HORSE and 8-game whenever I can now. The different variations keep things interesting.

manolo salazar

manolo salazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember playing all of these variations of poker they are really interesting and entertaining. Actually, I love playing any card game. However, I prefer playing No limit Texas Hold'em because is pure adrenaline.
My second option to play is Omaha Hi/Lo. Nevertheless, there is a game which I am not good playing it but i like so much an this is HORSE.

h1seless

h1seless

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My favorite Texas hold'em, maybe if I had a lot of time to learn Omaha, maybe my views would have changed ))

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I can only play Holdem. For other games, I do not actually have any free time.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Texas holdem is the best known and is the one that I play frequently, I will try to play other variations of poker which I find amusing like badugi.

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite games, besides the classic texas holdem, are badugui, stud_hi-lo, draw 7-2, and pot limit omaha-hi-lo, Razz.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like the badugi, 2 7 single draw and the tripe draw.

I take this opportunity to say that they should put some freerolls with this modality.

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I tend to stick strictly to Hold'Em, I have enjoyed Omaha, Razz, and Badugi. I think there are definitely other types of games that hone your skills differently, but the one game I'd probably swap Irish Poker with would be Courchevel. If Stars offers it from time to time, then the game must have some following. I've never seen Irish Poker in the client, but there is always a first time for everything!

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I would play games besides Hold'em, Omaha and Irish poker would, because they are similar to Texas Hold'em, but varies as the cards are dealt but basically look alike.

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like a lot of the other games too but find it hard to get into games online or in brick and mortar .....including .... Ace to 5 .... 7 stud ...Razz.....5 card draw ... Omaha too and split varieties ...

AvovchikA

AvovchikA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Excellent article. Just in the subject of our decathlon. We rarely see anything in Ukraine, except for Hold'em and Omaha. In the future I will try my luck in other types of poker.

ddg373

ddg373

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like MTT Holdem most, and used to love playing RAZZ and Omaha, but I dislike the Omaha hi/lo. I did enjoy playing a few HORSE MTT's, but would sit out the hi/lo orbits. It seems when playing the hi/lo games, you have to flop the nuts or get out, the cost to chase is just too much.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Next to the NL-Holdem, which is a standard game and most of them play, I play after it:
-HORSE
-5-cards draw
-2-7 draw
-OMAHA
-OMAHA h / l

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I played some of these games, and found then really fun. But I play only Texas Hold'en games when there is money in the table.
I have so much to improve and learn in this variant that I fell that is better to concentrate in just one game.
Maybe in the future, who knows?

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there are many variations of poker but for me only Texas Hold'em. All other games I can not play or just the basics.

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've always loved only nl hold'em until recently until well tasted PLO Omaha it's a great game and I fell in love with her .began to play PLO Omaha every day for a few hours and get a lot of pleasure from the game . my opinion about it the most balanced kind of poker. currently I like 2 types of poker is nl hold'em and PLO Omaha

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While it is true Holdem is the main game or the most common in poker; the Omaha H / L is my favorite game, it's a pity that is not very common in PS or in some rooms but it is a game or rather a variant that allows you to have a better vision of the game in terms of more competitive results and eliminate largely chance.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a NL Holdem player, but my other choice is definetly Ohama HI/LO,,,I usually mix them up, and find Bagudi and Razz interesting to play on occasion

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In particular, I prefer to play Texas Holden, but I started playing in Omaha and then I moved to Texas Holden, I believe it was for the freerolls, the sites encourage freerolls to play Texas Holden.
But I know that to be good at something, you have to specialize, so I believe I should only play Texas Holden and seek to improve my level with every move.
pokerstars offers several variants of poker including badugi. It is important the sites offer all variants of poker, because no one knows what will taste the player.

Top 10 Games