whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Great article and it just comes to the right time for me, because soon the Cardschat Decathlon, where I would like to participate, will start. And it is a good starting point for me to read about the different game formats! Thank you so much Cardschat!

Well, of course the most I like NL-Holdem, but I also enjoy from time to time a Omaha PL game. The other formats I am hardly experienced, nearly to zero. I played some of them once, when there were some additional freerolls from CC. But now I look forward to the Decathlon to gain new experiences again. :)

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Holdem and Razz. Razz helps brain to relax from Holdem since it's quite opposite games. 5 card draw is how my love to poker started.
I never understood Omaha. It looks more like lottery. Like: "you thought variance is high in NL Holdem? Try Omaha".

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like HE so much. I do well enough, but I prefer the Hi/Lo games.

I have some HORSE credentials. And it remains my favorite variation. Can't find a pure HORSE game in the states anymore except at Carbon, where I stopped playing at....:(

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I learned poker as a teenager, playing a greek variation wich includes a lot of games, practically anything you can imagine. Wild cards, multiple boards, even one called "strip-tease" where you play without seeing your cards at the start. Then you open in order of the seatsand you stop when you outrank the last opened hand. Fun game. That's why I do like mixed games a lot.

I only hate 72 draw and Baduggi. But I would add another game, Maverick's 5 card stud!

milencenov

milencenov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorites (except No Limit Hold'Em):

1) Razz

2) HORSE

3) 8-Game

4) Stud Hi-Low

5) Omaha Hi-Low

I also like Stud, FL Holdem, Courchevelle, Irish poker and Omaha, but well, it is simply impossible to play 10 games, have enugh time to improve in each one and be a good player everywhere...

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have played except from NLHE , Omaha , Five-cards draw , Omaha Hi-Lo and if I remember correctly Razz. When I first saw poker on TV was in a wild wild west movie with cowboys, guns and a lot of fighting.They were playing Five-card Draw ha ha.

I liked the Omaha Hi-Lo the most compared to the other variation I have tried out.I believe that if you want to excel at the poker game in general it would be better to have a good grasp of more than one variation.

I tend to believe that this makes you have a better perspective of the game the ranges and the rest elements of the game!

I will try again some of those or maybe I will pick a new one :)

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personaly I've been trying to move away from NLH and start playing more PLO, PLO hi/lo, Razz, 7 Card Stud, and HORSE. Maybe it's time for me to start looking into Badugi. Never really took the the time to learn it.

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only play NL holdem and plo but would love to learn the other games. When I first played poker 12 years ago I played FL holdem cash games but i wouldn't want to try that again.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I bet Six Plus Holdem, known as the short deck holdem, will be the next top poker variation in the following years. Macau brings the latest poker fashion.:listen:

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I like Holdem then Omaha hi and hi/low and then 7 card.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Variations

Hope i will have a chance to improve my skill in almost all 10 Variations explained, but at the moment i take action in:
NL Holdem
PLO

Also i played Razz, Stud, 5-Card Draw, PLO8, but this games need alot more concentration and focus, especially Stud where we need count cards.
I understund why alot of hi-stakes players/gamblers, of course Isildur1 and other love Draw-games, alot of gamble and pressure factor there, just non stop action. For my statement PLO is good enough game with it's gamble factors :D

Hope i will have some experience and action in future, just need some time to spend to explore the features of almost all variations of poker, especially if we are oriented for profitable games)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I knew all the variations except the irish! It is interesting too like the others. My favorite is Texas Holdem, because it has more opportunities, and then omaha, omaha hi- low, seven card stud, horse, five card draw, irish poker and then the lowballs razz, badugi, 2-7 triple draw.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very few players love the Five-card draw and this game not so popular online :(, but for me is No1

Other games I like

2. 2-7 Triple draw
3. Omaha Hi/Lo
4. Stud Hi/Lo
5. Badugi
6 Razz
7. 8-Game

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Undoubtedly the Texas Hold'em is the simplest and most common kind of poker. His rules are fairly simple, but this at the same time never guarantees full domination of a more proffessional player over a newcomer. I've always been interested in Omaha, unlike other types of poker. Poker and today does not stand still, thanks to pokerstars. They generally get up with poker what they want)

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've recently started learning and also playing 7 Card Stud. Honestly, since I have enjoyed playing 7 Card Stud I should invest some time in actually learning it. My depth of knowledge right now is limited to understanding the top starting hands and not much more. I'm still mostly playing get lucky - not really strategically.

As a side benefit, the hand reading that is required in 7 Card Stud seems to be helping my Hold'Em game also. Seeing so many combinations of 7 cards laid out on the same table and getting to see opponents bet against what is face up is helping me better understand ranges.

I've also played a few freeroll tournaments of Omaha but haven't invested any time in truly learning it. I enjoyed the game though.

Hmmmm... I guess as a rule I enjoy poker, I'd try any variant!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I agree with list the order is probably right too in terms of popularity but the order of my favorite games will be different.

Holdem is where the money is and is most popular but not my favorite. My favorite is 08 I like Razz too I would take before holdem.

I have played Irish before on william hill. It is quite enjoyable.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
;);)

my favorite is texas holdem for sure is the variation that I have some training I think I understand a little .... but Horse is a very interesting variant for mixing 5 variations in one

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like to play only texas but apart from this great game, the first one in the list for me the badugi and I neither do not know the irish poker :)

my top 5 would be:
1. Texas
2. Badugi
3. Horse
4. Razz
5. 5cards

W

wilywiles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I think texas is the best of em all. I spend most of my time strictly playing hold em. However, playing stud or omaha from time to time can be refreshing. PLaying a variety can be fun.

K

kingarthurrov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Number One of mind is Texas Hold’em.
Other game , I little play sometime.
Ex Omaha.
Every day I play Texas Hold’em.
Texas Hold’em have most players but others game not popular.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
like many people, I prefer hold'em no limit, recently very keen Omaha plo. it is interesting because the banks in it accelerate much faster than in hold'em and adrenaline spurs the thought process is much tougher. in other Igreja almost did not play, but with pleasure will take part in the event different games

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately in the way of poker I`m very limited and play only No Limit Holdem...
So, I can`t say anything about other variations, although a lot of players advise to develop all of them for best profit in your main discipline.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Anyone heard of Cannibal Poker :D

Joke aside, I am enjoying to play these games, apart from HE:

- 2-7 Triple Draw
- Raz
- 2-7 Single Draw
- Stud Hi/ Lo
- 8 Games
- HORSE

The next I know the rules but hate and actually could not play good:

- Omaha - any version
- Badugi
- 5 Card Draw

Everything else not mentioned above is fine for me :top:

strumble

strumble

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Statistically my best game is holdem but I prefer other games above it. In order of preference would be -

8 Game
HORSE
Omaha hi/low
7 card stud hi/low
Razz
5 card draw
Holdem

I've yet to play courchevel or badugi but will try them out in the next few days.

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My priority is undoubtedly Texas Holdem, but I love the excitement of Omaha and also the game of the great Stud 5 cards, the next CC event will make us review them without a doubt .. Luck from now friends. :wavey:

Top 10 Games