Top 10 Poker Variations

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all love TexasHholdem - but what about the other poker variants! We have the top 10 listed here:

Top 10 Poker Variations

Take a look at the list and let's talk about our favorites.

I love both 5 card draw and Omaha Hi-lo - but I am not very good at either game. If I had time I would really love to play those 2 more often.

What are your favorites?

Also - would you change this list at all? I have never heard of Irish Poker lol.

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always enjoyed Omaha and 2-7 single and triple draw but I can't play any of them at a very good standard. Personally I'd have put stud hi-lo, 2-7 single draw and 8-game somewhere on my list and take out Irish Poker, HORSE and Badugi but they're all fun games.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Hi, Cardschat fellows, I like best from Top to last

1. 2-7 Triple Draw: with patient you may get the best hand often. Not much "variance"

2. Razz: is also Ok but can’t find it very often.

3. Badugi: The nice look of the different colors and the opportunity to bluff are nice.

4. Omaha Hi-Low: When you get both pots is nice. :five:

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Texas Holdem poker but I also play other Poker Variations, my 5 favorite Poker Variations would be:

1. Stud Poker
  2. Omaha h/l
  3. Horse
  4. Razz
  5. Badugi

teepack

teepack

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like 7-card stud. Omaha is fun but I suck at it.

FastOne

FastOne

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like Omaha H/L the best, and probably second place would be Razz, a reall fun game to play IMO. Then it would be 7 Card Stud and HORSE, also quite fun to play.

I've never played Badugi, have always thought of learning it, but never have. :p

And like you, dakota, this is the first time that I can remember of reading about Irish Poker. Don't like the idea of throwing away two cards after the flop, I can feel the potential for going on tilt right there pretty easily.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Texas hold'em is the most popular style of game and that attracts more people. It's one of the variants of poker that most values the position of the player at the table. In addition to this format, i also like Badugi and Five Card Draw, they are very fun to play.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Of course I like the Texas Hold'em most of all, but I have other options:
1. Omaha
2. Horse
3. Badugi
Good luck.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course Texas Hold'em, then knockout bounty,
and for an occasional change the only other two are Omaha Hi-Lo and Razz.

I am not a fan of other forms of omaha or other low ball games, limit games or stud games which I find to have less identifiable information and more reliance on luck.
Which of course leads to a dislike of mixed games also.

Razz I find to be simple straightforward and a refreshing change.
Hi-Lo Omaha I find the simultaneous two pots adds a more interesting strategy element.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker variations

I love texas hold em - no doubt but i have played hi/lo omaha and it is very addictive and if i devoted enough time to study the game then that would become my number one game..
I have promised myself that i will look at the other forms of poker this year as that can only strengthen my overall game...:bath:

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like Texas hold on the second badugi for its lower hand style of four cards of different suits. So the best possible starting hand is 4-3-2-A (each card being a different suit). crazy but I like it too. :D

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like Kamasutra poker the best. Despite some of the acrobatics required with slow playing, heads-up or even the all-in, everyone's a winner.

Last edited:
F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only like holdem and omaha on that list, with a preference toward high/lo. i enjoy all the extra math even if i screw it up on a regular basis.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I play only in NL Holdem. Honestly, I have absolutely no idea how to play these all the other games about which you speak.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
A lot of awesome poker variants!

When I was playing play money games, some time ago, I played a lot of Omaha Sit n Go's. Interesting game, but with a lot of variance. Also, I like a lot Stud and 2-7 Triple Draw.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's strange that I do not see Poker Hold'em 6+ (with a deck of 36 cards). This is in the poker rooms of the iPoker network. The rules in this game are different from the usual Texas Hold'em (Seth is older than Street, and Flash is more important than Full House).

From other poker options, I prefer Omaha, Razz and Stud.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play Hold'em. I'm sure that the rest of the games are very interesting, but I do not think that I will ever try to play them. I want to stay focused only on Hold'em

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
My favorites in order are

1. Razz
2. Stud Hi-Lo (not on the list, but a close 2nd to Razz for me)
3. HORSE
4. Omaha Hi-Lo
5. Omaha

Texas Holdem does not make my top five list, but I play it over 95% of the time.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
basically anything that is no split games. Hate them. you kinda won... but you kinda did not, or you lost... but you kinda did not =)It is a shame that there are not so many stud/razz/draw games arround, I catually quati enjoy thous + most people are pretty bad at them so there is some value ... in 3$ games =)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favorite poker variation is five-card Draw. Five-card Draw is the basic discipline that gave birth to all modern games. But in five-card Draw I play worse, than in Texas Holdem.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im too uptight, I dont like the carnival games. Just some holdem. Dont need crazy 8s, War, go fish, Uno (though I do like a good game of UNO with all the tracks in). Omaha is fun and to be honest I dont know many of the other games.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Following the sequence my favorite games are NL hold'em and PLO.
But I did not spend much time in Omaha, I play in a relaxed way, without much advanced strategy, basically ABC.

One game that I find very interesting is the 2-7 Triple Draw, if I were to invest in a new variation would be this.
I remember there were freerolls in the PS in 2013 ~ 2016 and I did very well.
After that I did not play anymore.

But the fact is that my heart belongs to Hold'em :)

Tony Vayer

Tony Vayer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know the rules of different games but I only play hold'em.

I

ivanobe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
definitely Omaha Hi-Lo and also Badugi I am also not very good at but i like them :):)

natasha555

natasha555

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing Badugi, but for them there are no tournaments.

Top 10 Games