Things said at the poker table that should be banned:

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
one i hate is "that's poker." it's so overused it drives me crazy! although if you add baby to the end, it' ok.

Okay, Scotty. :D

I think the word "baby" should be banned completely and forever from professional poker and live broadcasts. That'd shut Nguyen (Scotty, there are so many of them) the hell up.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DONK MEANS BUTT NO USE FOR THIS IN POKER

huh??

If we're including chat in poker rooms, then the ALL CAPS is something that should go away, although usually the tards using them are the same guys calling everyone else on the table a ton of names and talking trash in a pitiful attempt to cover up the fact that they are horrible players, so they don't last long.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
huh??

If we're including chat in poker rooms, then the ALL CAPS is something that should go away, although usually the tards using them are the same guys calling everyone else on the table a ton of names and talking trash in a pitiful attempt to cover up the fact that they are horrible players, so they don't last long.

Yeah, the ALL CAPS is really annoying. Chatroom etiquette, going back for as long as I've been involved which is a LONG time (anybody else here know what USENET was?), always dictated that caps were for emphasis or to indicate shouting and were/are considered rude in the extreme for any other use.

However, based on the more or less complete lack of manners I see around me everyday, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.:mad:

G

guitargarth

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anytime someone says what they think your hand range is when they fold and there is still action... You can say "you have me beat", but not "you gotta have AA or KK, I'm out"

Jungl3 Jim

Jungl3 Jim

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get sick of seeing "I'm all in next hand" or "Everybody go all in next hand"... especially in CAPS!!

May as well put yourself on sit out and go pour another Bourbon.

P

potman1250

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how bout "sorry" when someone sucks out. they aren't sorry, those bastards!
also, any sentence that includes the word "but"

I

ihavea4

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when people blame the poker site for a bad beat. like saying, "well, that's full tilt for you" or something like that.

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when people blame the poker site for a bad beat. like saying, "well, that's full tilt for you" or something like that.

Yeah, that happens a lot, and on every site that I've ever played at. They also throw in stuff like "I'm never playing here again!" and you see them at another table an hour later, or "This ALWAYS happens to me on this site!" and I'm thinking "Then why are you still playing here if that's true?"

People generally want to lash out and blame anything and everything but their own bad play when they lose. Last night there was a guy slow-playing KK when I had 88, and he went ballistic when I hit an 8 on the turn and knocked him out, and he stayed in the chat talking trash afterwards, calling me a "suck out,""donk,""fish," the whole nine yards, when it wouldn't have taken a very strong bet by him to make me toss those weak eights, and he didn't do it.

D

DocHamer

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is what I can't stand.

You have A A or K K and someone sucks out a 4 card flush or staraight on the board and wins then half the table says NICE HAND. WTF this drives me nuts. Nice suckout would be a better term for this type of win.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This and blaming the site for being rigged is my peeve.

A

angryorgans

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Hate When People Say LOL After Everything Or When They Get Angry Because They Lost When They Had A Lower Percentage Of Winning Anyway. ORRR When People Get Angry When They Win. Why Would You Get Mad At Someone For Playing What You Consider A Poor Hand When You Walked Away With Their Chips?

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Everybody at the table knows the player is slow. May have connection problems, may think it's a tactic, may have a crying kid, may have died at the keyboard, etc., etc.

The Z's are neither going to speed them up nor accomplish anything constructive. They are going to annoy me resulting in a "dickhead" label and being muted.

'Nuff said.

M

massimo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Yeah, that's how we do it!" or "That's what I'm talking about!"

STFU!

T

thefatman313

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About half the things Jamie Gold Said during his run for the wsop title....That little ... Was board talking his opponents so much...I really thought he was inappropriate.

Also "oh, were those your chips, i thought they were mine"

oh and my all time Fav of worst things to say at the card table "tom, Who do you know that drives a Tractor and trailer?" tom:"nobody,y?" frank:"I saw beth getting into a tractor and trailer last night down at the truck stop off of I80" Tom:"come, again?" ooops.......

stellerteller

stellerteller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well of course I like all of these because they make me laugh! I like people who say "I was in position".... Yeah, with 7-2 OFF! Hello! and some how they WILL win against my Aces even with a nice Pre-flop raise!
Darn you Murphy!!!

stellerteller

stellerteller

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice hand when someone calls the 2 7 and hits 2 2 7.. WOW

YES!! Exactly! WTF... It makes me steam big time when some idiot says nice hand after that crap! Seriously, let's just get a chimp to sit in your seat.... IQ range--too close to call!

G

glemly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate it when people go all in because they have A x. It's so annoying. they keep pushing all in because they have an ace. I'm just talking about ring games when your not low on chips (because in a tourney if your low on chips its not a terrible idea).

Cowboy8112

Cowboy8112

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean like when you raise your pocket A's from the button and some moron calls you from middle position with 35o and pulls a str8. And then some idiot always has to say "Nice Hand". I do hate that!
Poker slang 101 "NH or Nice Hand" = "I hope you choke on my damn chips"

J

jrmonty

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

this one really really annoys me especially when they limp in with KK or something thinking there being smart and then the blinds or a limper hits a monster hand.

The sorry one annoys me aswell why would they be sorry for winning ??

Another one i hate is when they say something like how can you call with that after they are the short stack and push in and your in the BB/SB and you get ridclous good odds to call them(eg. blinds like 200/400 hero in bb dealer pushs for 615 and sb folds how can you not call? ) this one links roughly to the "table know it all" , the guy who thinks he knows everything but in reality he knows nothing.

hipshot55

hipshot55

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
"It was a gift" or "A gift".

Hadn't run into these for a while until a couple of nights ago. Idiot makes some ridiculous bet to try to steal the pot, gets re-raised all-in by me (had Kings full of Tens) and this is his response? Puh-leeze.:mad:

DarkAceMafia

DarkAceMafia

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
table

1. I called because I knew you were gonna call after me.

2. I went all-in cause I had to go.

3. I clicked the wrong button.

4. What a donk ! ( when another donkey says it )

vanpampus

vanpampus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep your table's fish happy

Dont tap the glass

Most of the money you are going to make in the game will come from the fish. A happy fish will pretty much continue to play as they always have done

If you make someone uncomfortable, they're not going to be having fun in the game. If it's not fun for them, they're not going to play. There are lots of fish out there who don't care about the money, and are happy to give it away in the name of a good time.*

*pokerlisting article

P

paddythejack

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what if there is no fish at the table is that fish YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE LIFE PLAY TO WIN

R

roy22284

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have said alot of things that should be banned! The most incredible thing that ever happend was being kicked off because my SN was considered offensive- Azzholio?????????? we are all adults, sometimes the game can be aggrevating but we know it's all in good fun..........................