Is there a luck factor in poker? Check it out here.

ZenonBR

ZenonBR

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm going to tell you a story about poker tournaments where I was defeated by luck. Come on: I was always a player who values good hands, I didn't pay every flop, I was doing a consistent tournament, advancing in the prize pool, where I saw many players ruined with outcasts (bad) hands going all in and winning a lot of chips, thankfully, throughout the tournament I increased my chips a little consistently, playing some hands, until the long-awaited moment came when a pair of Aces entered my hand, and I was the last one on the table to get, where the other players gave up, where there was only one player left who was all in, at that moment I thought, now is my moment, where the decision was to pay the opponent's all-in, the villain opens a pair of 9. I celebrate briefly and wait for the flop that ends with a nine on the table forming the opponent's trip and my elimination where the luck factor prevailed. If this has already happened to you, leave your story, thank you for reading so far and good games.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that there will be a lot of publications here since all players, without exception, had losses with pocket aces, while at the same time, all players, without exception, won against pocket pair :as4::ac4: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
You can have skills, edge or whatever but a luckfactor is always there, also by the pro's in poker.

If a pokerplayer is saying he is never lucky then he is not telling the truth.

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
In the end if you want to win a tournament, especially a deep one, you have to have luck on your side, whoever says you don't is lying to you

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Luck in poker is definitely very important, especially if you take only one or a few tournaments, then luck can make all the difference. But if you take a long period and the number of thousands of tournaments, then your skills and mastery definitely play a major role here

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It happened to everyone, to those who play poker, such situations happen quite often. Luck is as important a factor as your skills or experience. Sometimes luck is the deciding factor as in your case.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Luck is an important factor in playing poker.
I always hope that luck is on my side.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's variance. In the long- run it evens out.

I have lost to many runner runner straights and flushes when my opponent called my overbets on turn and River. He made a negative EV call, but he made he made the hand by river.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, many poker players understand that you can't win poker without luck, because in a long-term poker game you need to successfully win hands because you can't win 8 hours with your skills alone and tournaments are very long so any player who says he won only by skill he lies to you is and will be in poker

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Adequate players know that poker is luck. Without luck, nothing good will happen, all we have to do is not make mistakes

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There will always be that day when you lose with practically any hand and mainly because the river always comes!:cautious::sneaky:

K

khancerberos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BO
Chips
Everyone has been bathed if it's normal it's just the other guy's luck

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course luck is always a factor in any game of chance!

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
of course :) ...beside a little math the game of poker is still a gamble game that include luck in a big proportion 80-90 %

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Luck factor is always in the game sometimes is with u and other with your oponnent

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course there is a luck factor in poker, especially in tournaments, it is impossible to win a tournament without luck no matter how well you play. But I consider that skill is more important when playing

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! I think, meaning of Luck in Poker, as so and in Life, strongly exaggarated... Yes, Luck is very important and in Poker,
and in Life, but no more, by my opinion, than the other many Skills, for example, as Patience and Industriuoness!

E

Easylu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
For me the luck factor of a percentage is 10%, for me it is more about strategy, psychology and being disciplined when studying, betting and playing the different hands, obviously experience is a key factor too, poker does not matter. I would call it luck if not results of things studied and learned.

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
It has happened to me and it was though.After a break of 10 minutes I entered a new tournament and focused on that most of time I beat the pair of nines or any other hand for that matter with pocket rockets.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, it's part of the game and all players experience having their favorite hand and losing. It is a game and luck is a factor that is there. You're going to see this a lot. So you have to get used to it and move on. one of the last ones I remember losing TT against 55.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A player who is in a positive mood may or may not believe in luck, but he certainly will not consider himself so lucky that he simply gives up on poker probabilities and pot odds.Luck also won't help you compensate for your skill gap.

sabir

sabir

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Recently this often happens to me with pair aces or kings against small pair, and often my opponent's stack covers me

advice, if you are covered by your opponent who has gone all in and even if you have aces fold it is more safe ;-)

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I wouldn't call it luck, but simple math. AA has 80% equity against any other pocket pair, which means on average every 5th hand the opponent will find a set on the table. Yes, it’s always offensive and I really want to complain about universal injustice (I know it from my own experience :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) - but you shouldn’t give it any significance, it’s an ordinary in-game moment that happens thousands of times every session. Good luck in the future!💪

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm going to tell you a story about poker tournaments where I was defeated by luck. Come on: I was always a player who values good hands, I didn't pay every flop, I was doing a consistent tournament, advancing in the prize pool, where I saw many players ruined with outcasts (bad) hands going all in and winning a lot of chips, thankfully, throughout the tournament I increased my chips a little consistently, playing some hands, until the long-awaited moment came when a pair of Aces entered my hand, and I was the last one on the table to get, where the other players gave up, where there was only one player left who was all in, at that moment I thought, now is my moment, where the decision was to pay the opponent's all-in, the villain opens a pair of 9. I celebrate briefly and wait for the flop that ends with a nine on the table forming the opponent's trip and my elimination where the luck factor prevailed. If this has already happened to you, leave your story, thank you for reading so far and good games.
If you're still crying because you haven't learned the basics of the game.

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Its always involved luck in this game. Anyways the strategy is really important.