Texas hold'em or omaha?

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like both versions of the game even though there are more players that playing holdem, I don't mind. I just enjoy the change between one game and the other.

frank174

frank174

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha is the best,so much action, seems like your always playing a hand unlike holdem there really is no safe starting hand until you see a flop then its game on
icon14.gif

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes enroll myself to 8 game on pokerstars, I only do that using my play money, have played omaha in the past, but just doesn't feel confident enough to go on to real money games. So the answer is Holdem all the way :)

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing Omaha hi-lo because I find it more challenging than hold'em. The much larger number of possible starting hands puts a lot more emphasis on pre-flop decisions

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi I like Texas holdem it is less dispersive than Omaha high play harder a lot of difficult situations

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found the pineapple game in one of the poker rooms, it’s interesting to play, it looks like Hold'em and solitaire at the same time. Has anyone tried to play this game? If so, what do you think about it.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I see your point with Omaha. However, I have problems figuring the percentages out with Omaha. It sets me back a little. I prefer Hold em.

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play NLH. Find PLO also interesting as it attracts gamblers and thus worse players. Problem is though that there is limited good training material available about PLO :(

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
So whilst young, variants such as five card draw and stud were the first to be discovered and poker was definitely love at first sight.

As soon as no limit holdem became apparent, it was clearly going to be the game for me and it's been the soul poker focus since.

Other variations have appealled somewhat and knowing how to play all major variants (and hopefully have at least some level of confidence in as many as possible) is up there on my list of poker goals.

While the basics of how to play Omaha are known, confidence would certainly be lacking (without the nuts[haha]).

NLH ♣️ ♠️ ♥️ ♦️ 😍

rrickir

rrickir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play Hold'em tournaments online but I prefer plo8 for cash game online. I also like plo8 tourneys very much it's my favorite game but ACR does not have many plo8 tourneys at all especially in the lower price range I wish they had more like they used to

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Omaha is more fun. Most players don't understand it enough which is good for the few that do.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always prefer playing holdem, but sometimes I also play Omaha not limit.

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In Hold'em, it is generally considered a crime on the river not to raise with a second or third nut; in Omaha, this is considered suicide.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer hold`em, it's classic poker, other modes are interesting too, but classic poker, simply because it's classic!

S

sjdavies1990

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hold'em

Hold'em all the way :)

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello Friend. I like texas holden for being simpler. And I also like Omaha for having double chances of having a good game.

P

Psycho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm in a pure gambling mood then I like to play Omaha. If I'm trying to be serious about making a living playing poker then I play NL Holdem. That being said, you can make a lot of money in PL Omaha very fast. Back in 2016 I took .50 cents and ran it up to 10k on Betonline in less than 4 days. I gave back about 7k before I cashed out for about 3k. So the swings are huge which gives me anxiety. Then I need a Xanax, lol.

firstcrack

firstcrack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing Omaha. I do feel sometimes like I am going more on feel, than odds, as compared to Holdem, though. I'm not as confident with my decisions. Still, it is a very enjoyable game.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cash game i prefer omaha but MTT i prefer NLH

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how to play Omaha. I haven't learned yet. For me, hold'em is preferable.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play holdem. I know how to play omaha and this game is very interesting but all times I have played it I lose very fast. Maybe I dont know good startegy for this game

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Omaha? No, no thank you. There are plenty of options in hold'em.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have something to reveal about the first time I played Omaha I was champion of a 170 player tournament, unbelievable what happened. But I prefer Texas Holden.