Sports Betting vs Poker

MolonAA

MolonAA

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bet sometimes the Brazilian championship, for always following, but it does not give me many gains.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I enjoy betting on sports but its small amounts and just for fun. I am not good at it and lose money on football and basketball, but do quite well on baseball.

I keep my poker funds separate from my sports betting funds.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I don't like sports betting because you don't have control over your bet.

bijan777

bijan777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beting is gamble but poker is art
And geam
Bet is good small amounts for fun

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well yes, it is much easier to bet on a football game than to bet that you will win in a poker tournament, there is not much I can tell you just like any sport, for poker you need discipline

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on what works best for you. I do not think it is necessary to compare betting sports and poker because poker is a skill in which a lot of knowledge is needed. And for sport betting, this can not be said. It takes more hours and effort for poker, but it's more cost-effective if you can play it. Greeting!

T

Tuan

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I am into sport betting. I have friend who cash out 15k each week betting on college football and pro football. Each bet is $1000; and he always bet first half, second half, team spread, and over/under point. The problem is he won't share his secret. So far after this week he made over 70k, but he is addicted; if it was me, I would take vacation and chill out; but he kept betting.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Previously, I often made sports bets.
But I almost did not get any profit from it. So over time, I focused on poker. I took the right decision. Now I am getting regular extra revenue from the game.

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play betting on football before poker starts, so I can play the tournament in peace, when I finish checking the ticket and the finished thing. When there are some games that I am intrigued by poker, I can not concentrate on the game, when is playing football :)

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did tried some bets on my own, or free bets from lvl-ing up on 888 I got a few 3 and 5$ sports bets last one I got today and haven't used it yet, but I never won a dime yet .
I would rather play poker all day over sports bets , not my cup of tea, even tho everyone in my work place is mad on bookies .

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Man, I am into sport betting. I have friend who cash out 15k each week betting on college football and pro football. Each bet is $1000; and he always bet first half, second half, team spread, and over/under point. The problem is he won't share his secret. So far after this week he made over 70k, but he is addicted; if it was me, I would take vacation and chill out; but he kept betting.

Your mysterious friend must be using asian betting sites then because otherwise he'd be limited long time ago :rolleyes:

You said that your friend bets on first and second half; over/under lines - usually these markets are limited so it's not that hard to figure out what bets he might actually make lol

S

Souza322

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to bet on soccer but I do not do it anymore

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not really like sports betting online, I prefer even old Poker, but this alternative is open in most online poker rooms, to those who like to have another line for bets, it should be good, I'd rather not take chances in unfamiliar places , even though it sounds easy, it's not, like poker, nothing comes that easily

W

wizebettor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well, i started this thread back in 2017....after following some of those facebook plays from betting resource, in july 2018, i decided to give it a try with 5k bankroll. Probably the best decision i ever made. the 5k is currently at little over 40k after about 800 bets. i never bet more than 3% of bankroll in any of the bets....most of the bets were 2.4%. I used the 3% compounding strategy explained in their money management strategy with their picks.

I am using their spreadsheet template to track my performance and you can see all 800+ bets in this spreadsheet https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pN7jZRl1MvGeBR_up1O8eC0p5gE9vrbH/view?usp=sharing the money management i built into the spreadsheet.

It is a beauty. I highly recommend.

W

wizebettor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when you open the spreadsheet, lands on the settings sheet. at the bottom right, you can click "log" to see all the plays and "dasboard" has results summary.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
well, i started this thread back in 2017....after following some of those facebook plays from betting resource, in july 2018, i decided to give it a try with 5k bankroll. Probably the best decision i ever made. the 5k is currently at little over 40k after about 800 bets. i never bet more than 3% of bankroll in any of the bets....most of the bets were 2.4%. I used the 3% compounding strategy explained in their money management strategy with their picks.

I am using their spreadsheet template to track my performance and you can see all 800+ bets in this spreadsheet https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pN7jZRl1MvGeBR_up1O8eC0p5gE9vrbH/view?usp=sharing the money management i built into the spreadsheet.

It is a beauty. I highly recommend.

If you're indeed that lucky then i'd like to know which site you use to make bets... And assuming you use several bookies then site(s) have surely put limits on you right :rolleyes:

W

wizebettor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're indeed that lucky then i'd like to know which site you use to make bets... And assuming you use several bookies then site(s) have surely put limits on you right :rolleyes:

I play at the sites betting resource recommended. Pinnacle and betcris both are very good, they don't limt or kick winners out. Most books do. Pinnacle and betcris have high limits and i havent had a need for other books, I don't think i ever will because once I grow my bankroll to be able to bet $250 per unit (max bet $2500), I won't be compounding.

If you use those picks and with the money management used there, books like bet365, bovada, betonline and numerous others will limit you, then close your account.

Last edited:
Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stopped sports betting before fourteen years. Poker only.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does any of you poker players bet on sports? I am a full time sports bettor but getting into poker as hobby since its fun. But I don't think i could ever become a full time poker player sitting on the table 8 hours a day. Wouldn't that be stressful? I mean even if you have an office job, you don't need to focus all the time. With sports betting I spend only few hours a day and now a days even less.

Poker however has something that still pulls you in. Its challenging and interesting and even though i started as a hobby i am tempted to play more. But when i play bigger games, i do well only during the first hour and then i get too lose by losing patience.

Yea, here i am. While i play early stage of sngs, usually i take a look into the sport bets. When i see something that i like , i place a bet instantly .

S

suwik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a friend betting on tennis matches, but that's nothing for me. I did have some free bonus bets from poker stars on sports last year, which I did not use. I'd rather play poker.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does any of you poker players bet on sports? I am a full time sports bettor but getting into poker as hobby since its fun. But I don't think i could ever become a full time poker player sitting on the table 8 hours a day. Wouldn't that be stressful? I mean even if you have an office job, you don't need to focus all the time. With sports betting I spend only few hours a day and now a days even less.

Poker however has something that still pulls you in. Its challenging and interesting and even though i started as a hobby i am tempted to play more. But when i play bigger games, i do well only during the first hour and then i get too lose by losing patience.

I can say the same thing about myself, but in sports betting you yourself do nothing, poker as a hobby is good because there is a mind struggle. Sitting every day in one place is like if you were sitting in an office, we choose what we like.

A

alexis888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny that many poker players bet on tennis like me (although I bet on footbal too). Does this mean that poker and tennis have something common?

S

SeriousBizzness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is the only game or job that I could do all day long. And night for that reason. I bet on sports too. But I’m a poker junkie

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is no secret that true, or as they are usually called, plus rates, are a basis of earnings of professional players in poker. From that, how truly they expect to win the chances in each concrete distribution, and their total "salary" depends. The same can be told also about rates on sport. If the question goes about earnings, then I think nothing good of rates. I am not sure that these can earn on a constant basis, it is too much reefs. Sometimes there are situations when circumstances around matches or league develop so that it is possible to make a plus rate, but they are very rare. In general I look at rates positively why in the pleasure not to rely on favorite team, not to be ill several times more hazardously.

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars