Smoking during Poker?

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is a bad habit to smoke during the Pocket or during anything you do in your life, i smoked for a short period of my life from age 14 to age 26, i am currently 44 years old and feel great and have not smoked for a long time, It is a matter of determining that you can eradicate that bad habit in your life.:D

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I quit, one of the strategies I used was to procrastinate smoking, or going to buy cigarettes. I'd get into something and tell myself "You can go for a smoke after the tourney". Once that tourney was done, I might say "that wasn't so bad, I'll do it again", and start another tourney with the idea that I'd give myself permission to smoke when it was done.

It wasn't the only strategy (used Champix too), and I wasn't successful the first time I tried to quit, but I have been quit now for over 10 years. Between my wife and I, we've probably saved $5000 a year... so $50k (probably more, prices have gone up and it's been more than 10 years). You can bankroll lots of poker (or whatever else you want) with that kind of scratch.

Best of luck if you give quitting a try.

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Everyone smoked back in the day, including me, But I was sensible enough to quit the bad habit when I was 23 years old. Thanks to the focus on cancer in media, we had a public campaign back in the 1990's to prevent young people from smoking,

And it worked , today I think 90% of the population does not smoke, I rarely see a smoker.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently I smoke in kitchen which is separated from the whole apartment and well aired. I dont ever smoke in the house because, paradox, I hate the smell lool. I cant go outside either, I dont want all nosy neighbours looking , thats life living in an apartment building
Well do what you have to do. Smoke, drink, play poker and be happy:smokin::beer::s:

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smoke only on the balcony because I am the only smoker in the family, so I only smoke on breaks in the tourneys.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never smoked anything in my life. I just did not understand why anyone would, but the same goes for chewing gum, why? Not a big drinker either. I grew up around heavy smokers, smoke so thick I had to get on the floor to see the TV especially in winter when the house is closed up. Even with that I do not mind friends smoking at the table while playing poker in my house. Everyone tries to keep the smoking down so we non smokers appreciate that.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I am not proud but if I smoke during breaks, I try to quit but it is very difficult for me.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Smoking is harmful, but during the game it calms:)

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
try not to smoke, is bad for your health and all others around you. Is a Suicidal instinct :deal:

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, this sounds very familiar to me. I also smoke more than average while playing poker online. What helps me is when I play on the PC, then only the 5 minute breaks come into question, because I do not smoke in my apartment :D
Of course smoking is also generally not good for your health, so it would probably be better in the long run to find another way to compensate or at least switch to vaping.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smoke during breaks. That's enough.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I Hate to admit it but I tend to smoke a lot during games:( It's not only a bad habit, unhealthy ( I feel it ) but it's also super costly and I don't win enough at the tables to support this bad habit

My habit in terms of smoking while playing poker is smoking during breaks when I don't smoke until my head hurts when I'm playing

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I don't smoke at all. I smoked a bit when I was a teenager, like most people I was just trying it. It is just too deadly a habit for me to take part in. I do have a drink every once in a while, LOL.

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually smoke a lot of haystacks to concentrate during poker tournaments it helps me a lot!

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good thing you recognize that it's an expensive addiction and a bad habit, in addition to not doing anything good for your health, a piece of advice, stop smoking as soon as possible

C

Ceto65656

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can someone give me a hells yeah

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Hate to admit it but I tend to smoke a lot during games:( It's not only a bad habit, unhealthy ( I feel it ) but it's also super costly and I don't win enough at the tables to support this bad habit

It's nice to smoke a lot while playing isn't it?:)

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am a type of person who smokes a lot and during poker i smoke twice as much.... =D , poker and smoking.. make smoke, perfect combination !! =D

K

kaziowichura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like smoke cigaro and joints to relax it;) specially after big lose to keep nervous heh

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
in breaks i go out and smoke, but i will buy a heat not burn cigarrete la iqos and will smoke in house