Smoking during Poker?

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you are asmoker why should you not smoke when you play ,Ismoke although when I not play ,when I look tv par exemble ,when you want to smoke make it and do not make what other say

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, of course :), if not while I'm playing ... at least during the break:)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play poker, I smoke less than usual. During the game I smoke only during the break. But alas, so far I am also not ready to quit smoking, although I am fully aware of how harmful it is.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Me too I smoke a lot during tournaments but it's hard to stop it with all this stress

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to smoke for off and on for 20years, now I don't smoke at all. I quit cold tourney some 5 years ago

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not smoke and do not advise you, I am for a healthy lifestyle, I wish everyone who smokes good health, I think it will come in handy for you:)

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't smoke, and I've never smoked. I have always preferred sports and a healthy lifestyle. It is sad that people are ready to deliberately harm their own health.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to smoke and drink when I play, that relaxes me and I feel that I play much better.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i stopped smoking because it is unhealthy

however i miss it and i know the appeal of it and understand you .

but still .....you are paying money to possibly get ill ....think about it . i would quit if i were you

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the last 7 years i use only e-cig, and yes during poker playing i vape a lot:)

P

pokereto

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

in my case yes haha ​​I can not miss the cigarette when I play poker greetings

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you must smoke something. Vaping is definitely the way to go, it's less smelly, cleaner, cheaper, and it gives the same effect. Nothing worse than chain-smoking, with ash falling everywhere, nerves going strong when you get a premium pre-flop, that need to light up another, why do that, when you can take a few puffs from the vape, job done.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I suddenly decide to give up now I have to stop playing poker too, at least till I'm over it. Otherwise the nervousness would ruin me at the tables. As of now I've reduced them by inserting a bit of discipline , I'm allowing myself a ciggie once every 1.5hrs. In 2 weeks I'll extend the break to 2hrs and so on. I hope I can reduce them to a pack a week max

Good luck. I have a handful of friends that quit over the years using various methods, so whatever you find that works for you, go for it!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I smoke 6-7 cigarettes in a 3-hour session

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I smoke a lot when i play live poker. It is bad for health but i feel it as a part of the game, so it would be hard to quit.
In online poker, i only smoke during the 5 min break...

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I Hate to admit it but I tend to smoke a lot during games:( It's not only a bad habit, unhealthy ( I feel it ) but it's also super costly and I don't win enough at the tables to support this bad habit

What could I say to you, who are certainly an intelligent girl. Quit smoking while you can!, but who am I to tell you such a thing. The old saying goes, "If advice was good, no one would give it for free". But I would say enjoy life with healthy habits, while playing, play with your cats, but leave the cigarette aside. Good luck to you at the tables.:)

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I usually wait for a break in the tournament to light one cigarette.
I know it's a bad habit but what to do.
I do the same, and personally I am not affected by the game, I smoke as much as usual.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smoking on break) Once per hour) On topic of vape - it can't replace cigarettes, just because vape have no stop-factor of "session" and you smoking it all the time)) And cigarette have "the end") Believe that only thing that can fully replace cigarettes for truly addicted smokers is something like IQOS or Glo, tobacco heaters, they are also doing way less damage to health compare to classic cigarettes)

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I consider it a bad habit even without playing poker, but I respect it. I personally don't

MMaki1981

MMaki1981

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spoke a ton while I play poker, especially if I'm only playing poker. And I spoke both cigarettes and cannabis. I notice if I am only playing poker on a day off I smoke about double the cigarettes and at least 50% more cannabis.

I have started multi-tasking while I play now. Either getting really into a good limited series on a streaming site or I will cross stitch as I play. Either of those things allow me to still pay attention to my cards but gives me something else to do in between playable hands. Plus if I do that, it also allows me to be more patient while waiting for playable hands;)

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
each one chooses what to do while playing poker, it is always advisable to be concentrated as much as you can to always give the best of you and will be reflected in the results you have, you should always keep that in mind, but each one chooses.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been a smoker for 40 yrs,,,weed n tobacco,,,the "secret" is to keep active,i ride a bike and play sports and am the best player on my team.:playingba(it's just a weekend league for adults,but still,,,,)As far as Vapeing goes,i i tried it and i was in the hospital within a year with respiratory problems,,, :eek::eek::eek: i quit and now i feel great. :canabis: Cheers!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I don't smoke at all, my advice is to quit smoking)