Slow play or fast play? Which is best?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to play fast but there are time it will slow down and there can be a few reason. One its most likely I am thinking about how I want to play the hand. IE just raised 3 big hands in a row and now have pocket 2's. This could depend on position what I think others are thinking ect. I could also be in a bigger hand on another table and concentrating on that hand. Could be one of the kids asking a question or just woke up and I am checking on them.

Then there is my issue with poker stars. For some reason it does not always let me know its my turn to play until its about to go to the clock. For some reason it lags on me during league games at times while I have no issue on any of the others. Its odd and I have no idea why.
The same problem i used to have too but now its solved. Often it occurs due to weak connectivity or firewall. Contact your isp provider to get it solved.
Thank you for your comment. Good luck!:)

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always fast

I always prefer fast poker tourneys i get tired quickly. And i like playing big stakes at the table, which i don't find in the slow motion poker.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Slow or fast doesn't really matter to me when playing poker. I just believe that either way I'm going to get your chips!
Shuffle up and deal!

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
play

I don't mined slow play for decisions but just to be controlling or upsetting then I don't like it .I am especially not happy when I am trying to decide if I should fold and a player says hurry up. For this player I purposely play slow because he is annoying.

FlushyFab

FlushyFab

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I play quickly unless I was 10hrs deep in a tournament and someone shoved on me, and in cases like that. You should take time a make a smart decision don’t make a snap calls, unless you know your holding the NUTS. :D

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys, during game play we see players that always call or raise after time bank is activated and some other player since the first seconds.
Which style you play often and which is the logic after it?
The logic behind this is the complexity of poker.
You can use any variable. That's why poker is passionate.:D

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Double answer..I like fast games because more cards you see the better,I don't like to waste time bank and waste players time unless im in the bubble. I slow play sometimes in betting if I got aces but usually will raise with anything. Sum players are playing so many games they take time to get back to yr game call or whatever. Good luck.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
in slow games that last a lot of 8 to 10 hours it is worth the sacrifice, because the prizes are quite large, you just have to have discipline to try not to make a lot of mistakes. it's frustrating when you spend 5 or 6 hours and get knocked out close to prizes, but tournaments are like this
I'm getting used to it.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the player drags on the game, then he wants to make you nervous and make a mistake.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything depends on the situation, but I like fast play more

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I usually make my decisions on whether to call raise or fold within seconds of seeing the flop, on-line it is simple to click on the fold button before the action gets to you. and doing this does not hold the game up, However in some situations, I will use the time allowance to slow the play down, if we are close to the bubble, or I have the Nuts! and I want my opponent to think I have a draw, and a hard decision to make, or if I am considering making a bluff on the river.
It is down to my opponents to decide whether I am holding the nuts, or just bluffing, but isn't that, is what Poker is all about? Acting is all part of the game to give your opponent the wrong information and forcing them to make mistakes, Poker is won by the player who makes the fewest mistakes, not always the player with the best hands.
It always depends on the situation, or the hand I am playing, or even the player I am up against, and playing that way can make a huge difference when it comes to winning the game.
Fast Play, or Slow Play? A good player will mix it up.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually make my decisions on whether to call raise or fold within seconds of seeing the flop, on-line it is simple to click on the fold button before the action gets to you. and doing this does not hold the game up, However in some situations, I will use the time allowance to slow the play down, if we are close to the bubble, or I have the Nuts! and I want my opponent to think I have a draw, and a hard decision to make, or if I am considering making a bluff on the river.
It is down to my opponents to decide whether I am holding the nuts, or just bluffing, but isn't that, is what Poker is all about? Acting is all part of the game to give your opponent the wrong information and forcing them to make mistakes, Poker is won by the player who makes the fewest mistakes, not always the player with the best hands.
It always depends on the situation, or the hand I am playing, or even the player I am up against, and playing that way can make a huge difference when it comes to winning the game.
Fast Play, or Slow Play? A good player will mix it up.

When the fun Stops, STOP!
Totally agree with your comment. Especially the part that poker is also about acting and giving wrong information. As you say, poker is won by players who makes fewest mistakes. Good luck. Thnx!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is not necessary to reveal all the cards-having information on you, it will not be very difficult to read us, that's what I think.Play in a versatile way-it will be harder to figure out what we have on our hands.

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
In addition to game speed quest, being able to adapt your overall play along to players on the current table is good ability to have.:icon_sant