Slow play or fast play? Which is best?

D

DonkArmyFish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always get the money in as quick as possible unless there is absolutely no way your opponent can redraw on your nuts, but also I find its better peace of mind on my end no matter what happens I can look back and say i got my opponent to put money in worse off and if they got lucky then so be it.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I tend to make decisions faster than I should. Time banking can also be an effective tool against certain players imo though.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer fast play. I don't like being rolled up on the river.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the past, I played this type of game a lot. But honestly, on second thought, I think it's pretty old-fashioned. I received a lot of criticism during the game and I didn't care, actually, when it happens to us, when it's another player who does that, we see that it's a little low game.
I don't do that anymore, except on extraordinary occasions, very close to the bubble.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my time to make decisions. For me, the main thing is to think carefully about the situation and make a good decision. In general, I don't think that fast or slow play affects the results, only the skills and experience of the player affect the results.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As fast as the conditions allow, is the right time for play. If there are more than one games open then, more time is needed, or if the games are more difficult then the time will run.

I'm curious, can you be focused playing in two or more tables simultaneously?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The time you spend in each hand, depends of your strategy, sometimes slow, sometimes fast, sometimes balanced, keep your extra time to hands that you need to think and dont ask for me a simple awnser like each one is best, because this is so much more complex, big hug and GL! see ya in the tabbles

Thnx and GL to you too :)

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I play both types of slow and fast tournaments, in sit and go preferably I play turbo, in slow MTT tournaments

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fast play is better than slow play. Because, fast play can let other players make holds.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I like to make quick decisions and run the game, it seems boring when you wait for more opponents to make decisions, decisions that are often predictable.

filippfilm

filippfilm

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, during game play we see players that always call or raise after time bank is activated and some other player since the first seconds.
Which style you play often and which is the logic after it?

If you think and show skill, then slow play is better. The faster the speed of the tournament, the more actions related to luck :jd4::jd4:

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play at your own pace, whatever amount of time you need to make the best decisions. I usually prefer to play a little bit faster because my first instinct is usually the clearest one for me.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I mix it up, not always on purpose but each hand is a unique situation so is the time I take for each. I’d say most times I’m very fast with my decision, especially when playing more than 1 table.

Quite often Ill be at a table where taking time really seems to annoy a particular person and they are always writing in chat “hurry up”, my response to them is usually taking even more time :). They usually stop writing shortly after that.

Certain points of a tournament, I will also take more time, just like most people do, but it depends on my stack size as well.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
well ... both are good ... since they are part of each player's strategy .... some like to "slow play" when they have a premium hand .... and others spend the "timebank" when the tournament is reaching the winning positions ... and they try to be among the prizes ...!

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play at the same time whether I have a card or not. But there are times when I play for time, the main thing is that I have a very small stack and very few people are left to the prize money (bubble).

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is a good question, I think it all depends on where you are in the game. Sometimes you play slow to make time or confuse your opponent and other times fast to imply that you have a very good game, sometimes it can be bluff and you play the opposite, the truth is that you never know because it is taken the time the player, especially if he is a passive-aggressive player who adapts to the situation, are very difficult to read. Regards.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
online slow play dosent mean nothing but in real you can see the player in front that does mean something.....

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey guys, during game play we see players that always call or raise after time bank is activated and some other player since the first seconds.
Which style you play often and which is the logic after it?

Playing slowly is a strategy to intimidate the opponent and try to reduce his aggressiveness and bring suspicion on him from and in some cases in order to see the turn and river. As for playing in a fast way, you should play the opposite of what I have indicated

D

dukgen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to slow play sometimes, but I never slow roll someone. It is rude.