Slow play or fast play? Which is best?

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
Hey guys, during game play we see players that always call or raise after time bank is activated and some other player since the first seconds.
Which style you play often and which is the logic after it?

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I use both styles of play, depending on situation, opponent, and stack size.
If I have to choose, I like the fast style of play. Famous professional players also prefer an aggressive style of play.

B

Bhzrd588

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I use both styles of play, depending on situation, opponent, and stack size.
If I have to choose, I like the fast style of play. Famous professional players also prefer an aggressive style of play.

What you have in mind when you say depends on situation, opponent and stack size?

F

freestocks

Legend
Total posts
Slow play and playing slowly are different things.

Pretending to be weak and raising later is slow play.

Playing slowly is just rude.

77ecos

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I have no inclination in that sense, it depends on many factors to do it fast or slow, in my case as I usually be in several tables I do not have a specific way of playing over time:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Sulfuros001

Sulfuros001

Rock Star
Total posts
Hyper-turbo

For me i don't like to play marathon tourneys, i just prefer hyper-turbo tournaments becausr it ends fast... I don't have time for slow tournaments.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Total posts
Hey guys, during game play we see players that always call or raise after time bank is activated and some other player since the first seconds.
Logic is if you are in doubs stay until you make a decision, if not play fast.

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
I would rather choose turbo than freezeout games long distance games can be exhausting from which you can make many different stupid mistakes

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Need to find a balance in every spot. Mostly it is better to fast play if the board is drawy and slow play if you're playing against the right oponnent.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Total posts
you can use slow play as a timing strategy, you can question your opponents if you really have a strong hand or not.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards

both styles are comfortable to play. But slow tournaments give you an idea more improvisation with your hands

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

V

valanddon

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I like fast play, I hate people who use all of the clock all of the time.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Total posts
If I'm bluffing or I have a very strong hand, I typically play slower. Also depends on how I've been playing throughout the tournament because if players catch on to my patterns, I'm going to switch it up so that it makes my plays harder to read.

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Total posts
It depends on the moves you make, it is good to analyse before facing your opponent, I always analyse how they play and I know what they could have and what they could do in each move, there are some who are unpredictable but even so you have many opportunities when playing with them to see the signature and speed at which they bet, some who bet very fast are because they are blofeando or have very good cards which they trust a lot

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Total posts
Hi, I prefer slow play more than fast. There is time to take a closer look at your opponents, to think about how to overclock the stack. In a fast game you don't have much time to think, you have to act there. But it seems to me that a lot also depends on the player's temperament; the choleric person is unlikely to go slow ..

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Total posts
Awards
SR

I think the best is a combination of them both as to throw off opponents from having a read on you:D

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
As fast as the conditions allow, is the right time for play. If there are more than one games open then, more time is needed, or if the games are more difficult then the time will run.

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Total posts
The time you spend in each hand, depends of your strategy, sometimes slow, sometimes fast, sometimes balanced, keep your extra time to hands that you need to think and dont ask for me a simple awnser like each one is best, because this is so much more complex, big hug and GL! see ya in the tabbles