Sleep and poker.

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
obviously 2 hours of sleep per night is not enough but breaking it up like that your body immediately goes into REM sleep rather than taking the path it usually takes to get to REM. During your regular 8 hours you get about 2 hours of solid REM. By taking 6 20 mintue naps every 24 hours on a rigid schedule your body gets the needed amount of REM to function so you should never feel tired.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good rest is key to success..just don't sleep to much.If I'm tired before a tournament I'll take a lil nap but usually music can bring me back to life.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play a few days in the row if you will paying :D , Also it's difficult. I love sleeping!

quartz

quartz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The question of sleep is quite interesting in terms of how it affects your poker game. I'd say you'd always do better if you get a full night's rest and to try your best to get that for sure (it obviously factors into how many hours left you have to play which is great to maximize) but if you want a quick boost of energy that may last hours of course winning substantial pots can definitely jolt you up with the adrenaline response you might experience

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't like naps and recommend only healthy 7-8 hours sleep with all 5 stages, few cycles. Wikipedia contains great article about it.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it help you to stay more calm it is a good tip. Poker tournament are generally long you need to be prepared to it.

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for a serious tournament you need to prepare in advance

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I don't believe that sleeping before the game will make you play better, I really believe in luck first and your in-game skill second, the rest is invention.[/COLOR]​

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to play tournaments, you need to Wake up well
insomnia will only be losses

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are tired it's a good thing to do but if you aren't you dont need to sleep. You just know when you try, each has a different reaction to short sleep. You may wake up more willing or not, it depends on how your body reacts.

fredastar777

fredastar777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It wont work for me, if I sleep during the day or in early evening I feel crushed when I woke up

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is possible that you will wake up in the bad mood and then your game will suffer