Sleep and poker.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all individual, depends on your state if you feel you can play then play if you feel you need to rest before the tournament, then rest, no hard and fast rules. But if the tournament is very important for you, it is certainly better to relax.

TheniT

TheniT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very important to be rested to play poker and face many hours of tournament play, and the worst that can happen is getting sleepy during the tournament.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some times I like to register for a tournament a half hour before start time, then lay back on the couch, and get very relaxed with a short nap. Then I start with a calm attitude.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sleeping is not good before the tournament, because there is a smaller concentration. He should sleep normally for at least 8 hours and be ready and rested for playing the tournament. And you do not need to eat in the evening because it's sleeping. Greeting!

I

Ivan Zaruba

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is that before an important tournament can go to sleep. And so, no ...:D

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sleep is definitely important for doing well in poker because you need to be well focused. Do whatever will help you play your best whether it be sleep, exercise, etc. Depends on your specific situation.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sit down in MTT tournament rested and sleepy,is the key to success and win the tournament!when you rest you feel a surge of strength for new victories!it's time-tested.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sleep 2 hours before the tournament is ramdom and without logic. Having a great time of sleep like 6 to 8 hours a day will make your mind sharp and prepared. Note: Be carefull, you may loose the register time sleeping 2 hours before the tourney.
You are quite right, my friend, but I also recommend repeating moves, making an association of what you are learning, and finally putting emotion into learning.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend advised me to sleep before the tournament up to 2 hours
What do you think about it?)
I have not tried it yet ...
But perhaps it's true!

Yes, your friend is right. A good powernap before session is always welcome.
I use to do this but i only sleep 60-90 minutes.

E

elias444

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always best to be rested for anything that you're about to perform in life; whether, you are about to take a test at school or at work or any simple task that requires your best. So its the same principal for poker, if you want to be alert and pay attention to how others are playing then you have to be well rested and make sure you had enough sleep. But as far as sleeping 2 hours before a tourney I don't understand why you might need to; unless, you feel tire then yes, you should rest for 2 hours before the tourney begins.
Good Luck my friends..!

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well a nap is cool, but I still prefer a pool bath, it makes you much more relaxed and connected in the game.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is on it is that if we have not slept enough and we are too tired, we will make a bad decision and we will not focus enough in the game. We have to be in good shape to hope to play at his best game.

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i can't play poker sleepy, I did not notice the full house once) it was the final stage of the tournament(

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good advice. Especially if you're going to play MTT with the slow growth of the blinds. Himself many times wanted to sleep before important tournaments, so not never and not broke a.

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it would vary per person. Some people it would help them and be refrshing, others may find they are sluggish after a nap.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed. If it is an important tournament - it is better to approach it rested.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started suffering from this recently slept through a huge 150K event. I've got a huge problem I play mostly on my bed & this has now started to be a problem. Now I swtiched to chair which is also a plain as I don't have an ergonomic chair lol for long periods but I find myself still snuggling up on the chair. Could be also be the cold air I find myself more likely to sleep when its cold.
Need to fix this ASAP

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't go to bed especially before the game. I'm keeping my time mode. I only play when time allows it.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend advised me to sleep before the tournament up to 2 hours
What do you think about it?)
I have not tried it yet ...
But perhaps it's true!

It depends on what time the tournament starts and how long it is.

It also depends on your sleep routine - - does it match up with the start time of the tournament?

In general I like the advice. The idea is that you will be well rested and not tired for the duration of the tournament.

BUT - if you find that you are napping so that you can "try" to be rested just before the tournament starts and you wake up and you are more tired than when you went to sleep and start the tournament feeling exhausted (even though you slept) then that is a negative and you should consider how you feel.

You should play rested - not distracted - not hungry - and not dehydrated.

Good luck !

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never do that. My tournaments take place late in the evening. In the rare case, I end the tournament in the middle of the night.

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Low sleep surely can affect your decisions, as you are more vulnerable from external situation as sounds, noise etc. If its very important tourney you must be well rested, so you can make good decisions and your level of calmness is on top, so nothing from outside cant affect your brain to do fast/nervous quick steps which can lead to losing money and argue with everybody how they are fall for your losing. Put some nice music in the background, get your water,tea,soda, pack of cigarettes and let true you come to table.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you sleep 6 to 8 hours a day, you do not need to sleep another 2 hours.

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really good advise sometimes, I fall asleep during tournament once, woke up in the early morning. I jumped like a bullet from my bed and started to look for my phone, it was somewhere in my bedding and I saw that tournament is over, that was sad

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is one of the first things I learned before playing poker, a person in a video at pokerstars advised that you should always have a good night's sleep so as not to wear out during tournaments, that if you didn't sleep well, the probability of failure was very high, so I think your friend is right, you should rest well before any activity, be it poker or any other daily activity.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello
I think your friend wants to see you sleepy at the table.
For I am sure that the more awake you are before playing poker the better your thinking speed.:idea: