Sleep and poker.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am tired my game suffers. I would agree the being well rested is one part of having a good session

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
For me it is a good idea because your brain will be rested. Another is whether you wake up quickly and if you have mood for igra.Probvayte and see if it will help. To me helps me.:)

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i think it's a good idea to sleep before the tournament

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A fresh and rested head is always a positive value when you are thinking. Especially in serious poker. So 2 hours of sleep before the tournament if it does not help, it certainly will not hurt :)

maezma

maezma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep? What is that? I am a robot and we are not programmed to do what you humans call sleep. They only programmed us to play poker :stupid:

MRoff

MRoff

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, you need to play poker rested ... but if you sleep in front of the tournament, you can wake up even more tired and annoyed.
In addition, you can oversleep then it will be even more offensive.:D

SprMnd

SprMnd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep is an important part of our life. In poker, you use your mind to make decisions. Therefore, if you want to achieve good results, you must always be in shape. It is not necessary to specifically sleep before the game, but be sure to maintain the correct mode. You should get enough sleep and sleep at least 8 hours a day. In my case, the most interesting tournaments are held from 20:00 pm to 7:00 am local time. So when I enter a rhythm, I go to bed in the morning and wake up at 5:00 pm.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your friend gave very good advice. But I think it is better to plan the tournament schedule so that you feel great before the tournament starts. After all, poker from you will not go anywhere, but you will not buy health.
Good luck in winning the height of the tournament.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't preplan a nap.. usually I'm sitting at my puter reading forums.. watching youtubes.. playing freerolls...

Sometime in all of that I will fall out. But when I wake up I'm refreshed and ready to continue.

The biggest thing is if I am tired I don't invest money into tournaments..

....TBH I was dozing as I wrote this..

kara260588

kara260588

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend advised me to sleep before the tournament up to 2 hours
What do you think about it?)
I have not tried it yet ...
But perhaps it's true!
I think this is a good idea. I usually have tournaments after midnight, so I just fall asleep during the tournament. and if you manage to sleep for a couple of hours before that, it's just great.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can only sleep at night, if you can sleep before a tournament, maybe this will help to play the tournament.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely! We must stand up for 2 hours before the tournament. An hour to make their case, and to wait quietly, to prepare for the tournament! I think the optimal form is guaranteed! Good luck!

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But perhaps it's true!

I think that's not true. Before the tournament, you need to have a sober and fresh mind and after getting out of bed for the first hour we are not concentrated at all. I believe that a 6-8 hour continuous sleep is the best.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i wake up in the morning and play i go busto pretty quick because i'm still tired, i need to be awake for hours before i can play a legit game. So i would say it depends on the player for me it wouldn't work out well, I even tried a nap before a game once but i was still tired when i played and played bad.

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But perhaps it's true!
I think it's ok to be rested but it's pretty hard to sleep for only 2 hours. Me especially when I put myself to sleep I can't wake up after only 2 hours. I sleep at least 5-6. :D

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its important to sleep enough. because then your mind is strong

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya sleep cannot hurt, especially if u need some. i sometimes stay up all night playing and ill grind through the next day and i can feel that i need it and sometimes i fall asleep playing a game when i really need it later on

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
"Listen, here's is the thing"(Rounders):icon_cycl
Just before every tournament or event, you'd better be with your brain and body well balanced, i.e., well fed, hydrated and peace of mind - ideal self condition.:as4:
Like a strategy, easy to plot, but difficult to follow.:D

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Beautiful advice! Sleep regenerates the neurons and the synapses improve, this will cause you to have a lot of concentration and correct decision making.

Ygtszksn

Ygtszksn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sleep is good for reflesh body and mind . So sleep can be help you maybe :)

I will tell you what i'm doing before start tournament and in tournament.. I drink cold water, how much I can drink 😎😎

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But perhaps it's true!
yes. its a good idea to sleep before the game because if you have been playing already that day you might get tried in the middle of the tournament. happens to me all the time

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont agree

Sleep 2 hours before the tournament is ramdom and without logic. Having a great time of sleep like 6 to 8 hours a day will make your mind sharp and prepared. Note: Be carefull, you may loose the register time sleeping 2 hours before the tourney.

B

BigRivers

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you should always play well rested with a full stomach. As others said when the sleep happens isn't that important.

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you need to drink 3 liters of beer and sleep then surely defeat everyone, need to relax !!