Russian Poker Players

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's quite logical to me that Russian players are significantly better players than average. As with players from developing countries, average incomes in Russia are lower than average meaning that players there have less money to spend recreationally and a much greater motivation to become good enough to earn a living from poker.

Consequently these are often (but not always) good players, and my experience playing against them has seemed to validate this.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not all Russians are good players.
Not all good players are Russian.:):):)

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi. I am from Russia. there are very few good poker players in our country. most people do not play on their own bankroll but on other people's donates.]

darionara

darionara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody thinks that Russian players are programmed bots from Pokerstar, but I think that in this application there are not those bots that most people mention, they are just other players who learned different methods of games. Good opponents. The game is wonderful when you have good competition, always healthy.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everybody thinks that Russian players are programmed bots from Pokerstar, but I think that in this application there are not those bots that most people mention, they are just other players who learned different methods of games. Good opponents. The game is wonderful when you have good competition, always healthy.

I'm from Russia, but I'm not a bot. )))

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the difference from which country the player is not. Each person has his own style of play regardless of the country..

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi.
Among the Russian players there are a lot of very many very strong players, and this is especially noticeable in online games. You need to be very attentive when playing poker at a table with Russian players.
Good luck.

I 100% agree! Whether it be in micro stakes, low,mid or high stakes... or live games.
There are many great Russian players. This will happen in any country where this is a large following for poker.

Reading some of the comments stating Russian players are all fish & maniacs tells me this person's experience is very limited.... no doubt a freeroller who has only experienced the play in freerolls. I'm pretty sure most of the good players aren't going to be in the freerolls:confused:

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vary from level to level, in freerolls are full of maniacs, russian or any other country, micro stakes and above the quality of payers improves... i don't think they're bots, just better players with a little more experience than others.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think they very good just lucky a good player would not go all in on 73 74 52 64 and so on which i have seen them do a lot but the do get very lucky with those cards :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The Riff_Raff :cool:

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like any other country you have good and bad players, because there are so many Russian players they get called out for being loose wild players. There are so many good players from Russia as I said it just evens out !!!

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I personally hate them and sometimes I think poker rooms give them a certain preference in their hands

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they and the Brazilian players, are the most abundant in the pokerstars room, I don't know if it has to do with nationality, but in the Russian players I notice that there are quite a few recreational ones, I don't know if it's by chance or simply how there are more Russian players it is easier to get more rookie players from that country

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think they are the craziest players in the world lol. Also PokerStars is full of them, you just have to see the freerolls; 30% are Russian players

JoseFerreras

JoseFerreras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Overall, they have a reputation of being very aggressive and loose (at least on microstakes)

balo

balo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I look for vodka drinking Russians , they seem to play all sorts of hands, so easy money. ;)

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever I face russian on the table I always win

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think they very good just lucky a good player would not go all in on 73 74 52 64 and so on which i have seen them do a lot but the do get very lucky with those cards :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

The Riff_Raff :cool:
Nothing can be changed with this. This is a game where any two cards can win.

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Russian poker players are very cold and calculating. There is a lot of aggressiveness in the game on their part and a lot of bluffing.

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Russians, they are all over the place all the time hahaha. At all the tables that I sit on they are there, regardless of the time I find at least one Russian at my table, a crazy JK thing.
Most of them play very well and very aggressively, I don’t know if this pattern is only present in the micros, but sometimes it makes me very angry for the question that they are always going all in pre flop with horrible cards, it can only be very cold blooded, does not make any sense.

Danximo

Danximo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree Russian crazy, ready to play even the worst hand cards. often bluff, ready to lose everything to the last. They often fall into tilt. When I play, half of Russia is half Brazil at the table. Still often from Ukraine and Belarus. But in my opinion the Brazilians are even more aggressive than the Russians.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree Russian crazy, ready to play even the worst hand cards. often bluff, ready to lose everything to the last. They often fall into tilt. When I play, half of Russia is half Brazil at the table. Still often from Ukraine and Belarus. But in my opinion the Brazilians are even more aggressive than the Russians.
In order to play poker you need to be a little crazy.:)