The respect has been lost?

P

Pwohar43

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don’t tell me to leave if I don’t like it or something like that!
Now I want to say that I am totally sick and tired of the Alln idiots
They don’t want to learn how to play or take advantage of all the information on the site
It’s really a shame, a small part of this community is hurting the larger part, and the site doesn’t seem to mind
Let’s all get involved and improve the site and players.
The first step I would use is to compare each member vs how many times they go all
pat

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I turned off the chat, it prevents to concentrate

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I think it is possible to either block or turn it off. You don't have to listen to anybody.

And you can always report a player.

Barbarrossa

Barbarrossa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once called an all in after the flop with both a flush and a straight draw.. Hit the flush, pumped my fist and kept on playing.. A few hands later I was on the losing side of an all in with KQ suited after flopping top pair. He had QQ. After I lost(still had about 100 chips) The gentleman whom I had beat by hitting the flush earlier jumped on me 'serves you right you moron' among some of the things he said.. I didn't respond to him. I did respond to getting beat with 'Nice Hand'

It made me feel better when two different people defended my play in the chat. Guess what I'm saying is just as in life there are good and bad people..

Watched the rest of the tournament until the big mouth was out of the game.. put a GG in chat as he left.. couldn't help myself.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
PS or some other rooms have chat bubbles , so you might see the comments , otherwise playing and looking at the chat at the same time somehow difficult .

I don't pay attention to disrespectful comments about me or anything else , I mean these guys have not been taught good manners , so they don't know how to behave in a polite way and moreover that behaving otherway doesn't affect the other players and profit you nothing , only trouble .

Having said this , if I spot sb really overdoing it and start insulting another cursing badly his sexuality or family or nationality , it doesn't matter to me these comments weren't against me , I report them and ask for their exemplary punishment (like some years ago with sb on Stars calling sb a Jewish ****** or that Nazi camps were just fine for them , similar disguisting chat , I reported him , got an email back from stars support that he got his chat priveleges revoked { I guess for some time only ...} , althought he should have been banned for life imo cause these comments are only being made by worms and scumbags ) .

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I once called an all in after the flop with both a flush and a straight draw.. Hit the flush, pumped my fist and kept on playing.. A few hands later I was on the losing side of an all in with KQ suited after flopping top pair. He had QQ. After I lost(still had about 100 chips) The gentleman whom I had beat by hitting the flush earlier jumped on me 'serves you right you moron' among some of the things he said.. I didn't respond to him. I did respond to getting beat with 'Nice Hand'

It made me feel better when two different people defended my play in the chat. Guess what I'm saying is just as in life there are good and bad people..

Watched the rest of the tournament until the big mouth was out of the game.. put a GG in chat as he left.. couldn't help myself.

That is just going to make him notice and do it again to others, he will be mad. He won't stop if he gets attention or he is on tilt.

I think if you stop talking to a player, he eventually quits. Nobody talks with himself.

I also play unibet, where there is no chat, no reactions, no emojis, nothing, just play.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If no one is using chat , eventually you will lose it. They will take it away. Start talking to people, be sociable. Look at your newest game mode on poker stars. Power up poker is a perfect example of what your chat options will look like in the future. Wake up people .
That's what happened at Unibet.
When they had chat, people were screaming to each other.
So: chat has been removed; problem solved.

Sad, because chat can be nice, funny, friendly, etc.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Friend, if you have good self-esteem it will not affect when an idiot laughs at you. In fact you can learn from this, there is always a lesson to be learned, you may think your play was so absurd to the point and use it to improve your game.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there will be negative players both online and in live poker, but more so online because people are more anonymous. I intentionally play a very annoying style of poker when I play live, where I'll bluff a lot but play very tight and aggressive - everybody always wants to pay me off to see my cards and my all-in shoves get a lot of respect. Naturally this pisses off a lot of players who don't know what do to against me, and I've been on the receiving end of many insults. I don't talk at the table or break any etiquette or rules, I just play in a strange way and a lot of the time it results in at least one rage quit. There isn't much to be done about negative players though, they're going to keep doing what they're doing - the good news is that negative players are almost always losing players: they can insult me as much as they want as long as they keep handing over their chips 😛

Mikica1122

Mikica1122

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Focus on the game and do not think about what others are writing in the chat

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree, the players behave disgracefully online. In afflic all is more cultural.

xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No respect

I had a poker player from the U.S. tell me a few years ago that when America wanted canada's oil they would just come and take it. People can be just as disrespectful on a poker site as they generally are on social media sites.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I met at the table so many people that I had to answer them, but it’s better not to respond to them at all or to be indulgent

ironduke11

ironduke11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker like life is a place where you meet all sorts
unfortunately the internet has given rise to the kind of people with no manners or respect...
I love trolling them back when they bust with stupidity....but unfortunately the way the game is set up they then to prosper a lot initially because online favors the people who push the action rather than those with sound strategy

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think sometimes players try to get a rise out of you to put you on tilt. Ignore them and let them hit the rails.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play online.

I just ignore what's on the chat board. Really do not care.

It never deviates me from my strategy. No way.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If a person is rude and a bad sport the poker site should take action immediately to band that player. Like CC the panel has rules they have to follow.

Ban a player because they're rude in the chat box? Don't you think that's a tad extreme?
Surely you could just turn their chat off... or block their chat. Or maybe the site could turn the player's chat off for a week.... but banning them? Really?

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore chat and to be happy.
This is a key.

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that the human being must be prepared to face any situation. I prefer to ignore offensive situations and just do not get upset about it, thinking about them makes me lose focus on the game.

nop9gok

nop9gok

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all:

I want to talk about something that is important and that most do not take it into account. We have to be aware that poker involves many variables but that we are people. That is what we all have in common. I find similarities in online poker as in live poker but I also find in common that respect has been lost, either when one loses a play, it has happened that online they laugh, they insult, and live the same thing has happened . I wanted to know if in some way you can control this?

just playing poker and i don't care

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all:

I want to talk about something that is important and that most do not take it into account. We have to be aware that poker involves many variables but that we are people. That is what we all have in common. I find similarities in online poker as in live poker but I also find in common that respect has been lost, either when one loses a play, it has happened that online they laugh, they insult, and live the same thing has happened . I wanted to know if in some way you can control this?

I really don't care about other say.
Unibet has a great thing, no one can talk at tables. There is respect

lackerboy

lackerboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing is what you think about yourself. So don't listen to anyone

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've have noticed a drop in the level of respect while playing. Instead of the remarks nice cards or good hand it is sometimes, you donkey or other remarks that are more insulting. Not everyone is responsible for these actions and there are a lot of good respectable players out there. I choose to try to treat people how I want to be treated, on the poker tables and in life.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not just at the poker tables, the world is getting disrespectful.