The respect has been lost?

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all:

I want to talk about something that is important and that most do not take it into account. We have to be aware that poker involves many variables but that we are people. That is what we all have in common. I find similarities in online poker as in live poker but I also find in common that respect has been lost, either when one loses a play, it has happened that online they laugh, they insult, and live the same thing has happened . I wanted to know if in some way you can control this?

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I really do not care for this. You can always meet nice people on the tables and have some fun chat with them. I actually do not have open chat window when I play. Realy very rare. On PS you have an option to block players chat.
But, as I said, I never care for what they talking about. Usually on insult comment I just reply with :)

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always click to the stat tracker and leader board and completely ignore the chat. Very very rarely I'll click over and say something but usually I'm just playing cards minding my own business

B

bellicoso

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play with chat on, but the insults made it kind of ridiculous. So, now I just watch the stats and play my game. Respect kind of has to be earned anyway, and I expect there to be more trolling than a "nice hand" in chat. When you win it is always somehow the system's fault. The only exception is that I can say everyone was nice when I played the CC freerolls. But I've got to earn back my membership to get back to playing there...

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the same ones who talk trash have very thin skin i have found although i believe poker shoulde be a game of class. i have purposefully got under their skin after they said some surprisingly rude comments with a carefully placed insult of my own turn of chat cus their gonna start talking really rude at this point n dont wanna get ur emotions involved just theirs. avoid them till u have the right hand cus theyre gonna try to bet u n they might get lucky but when u do have the capable cards they will follow u all in if u so wish to their own demise. i find this very satisfying :mad:

S

Sp0own

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is how a lot of people are thinking in general and at the poker table they think that they can get an edge if they express themselves.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Yes, I also turned off the chat, due to the fact that some players specifically swear or distract from the game.Ignoring is a good method. There are all sorts of provocation, it is good that you can disable the chat and the avatar of the player. In live poker I have not played and have not faced, I can not say anything, but I think you can contact the administration if you see any violations at the table and they will solve this problem.Good luck!

Last edited:
B

britt0392

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all:

I want to talk about something that is important and that most do not take it into account. We have to be aware that poker involves many variables but that we are people. That is what we all have in common. I find similarities in online poker as in live poker but I also find in common that respect has been lost, either when one loses a play, it has happened that online they laugh, they insult, and live the same thing has happened . I wanted to know if in some way you can control this?

It seems to me that in online poker is where you find most inappropriate and insulting comments on chat. To me, I had an instance where the "bully" at the table in a free game went all in every hand, taking blinds for about 4 or 5 hands. finally I had enough and, because it was a free tourney, called all in with a not so great hand ( I can't remember exactly what it was but it was definitely not an all in hand). I ended up lucking out with a straight, and the comments that were coming from this guy were hysterical. When people rage out after they lose, I find it funny and I won't lie I may have taunted a bit.

I got lucky that time taking the hand with a straight, but I was frustrated with the bully play. Maybe thats what he wanted?

anyways the ones that lose a hand are the ones who usually post the idiot comments.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly I just play my game and never show emotion but also not afraid to engage in table conversation but never celebrate wins or get over frustrated with losses...there is actually a great bit of light on this in one of the recent pokernews podcasts where Daniel Negreanu talks about how the game has shifted to becoming emotionless and what not...definitely worth a listen

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I could control it, but every time I suggest that I be made King of the World -------, guess you will just have to accept that people whose identity is safely hidden on the net can pretend to be big bad deals. Just ignore them like the rest of us do.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
I notice a lot of cussing on the chat window,
But never bother becoz its not worth it.
Its best ignored.
In live poker which I play a lot, its always a great camaraderie.
Its always fun as most of them are regulars and there is no insults.

Yes occasionally there is a harsh comment in cash games but in a tournament it never happens.

Czornydym

Czornydym

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not looked at the chat since I noticed that a certain part of man when he start to lose with woman, starts insulting her in every possible way to get her out of balance. I've had an open chat the last three days. To those boys who do not spare their comments, you have succeeded once and will never succeed again, ( you really schoked me, with offencive words that you have not been ashamed to write) Offending, commenting or mocking others is just sad, focus on your game maybe then you will not have to humiliate yourself and desperately write in the chat to win anything. Thanks Brayan9052 , for opportunity to releasing my pissed off and outraged by the behavior of some people. I feel much better immediatly!

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not looked at the chat since I noticed that a certain part of man when he start to lose with woman, starts insulting her in every possible way to get her out of balance. I've had an open chat the last three days. To those boys who do not spare their comments, you have succeeded once and will never succeed again, ( you really schoked me, with offencive words that you have not been ashamed to write) Offending, commenting or mocking others is just sad, focus on your game maybe then you will not have to humiliate yourself and desperately write in the chat to win anything. Thanks Brayan9052 , for opportunity to releasing my pissed off and outraged by the behavior of some people. I feel much better immediatly!

I think that those people who use the chat to have an advantage against other players, simply do not know how to have a good game strategy, or do not know what playing poker is on equal terms, either skillfully or psychologically.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Chat window is a distraction. Turn it off and you will be play better and have a much better time.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat window is a distraction. Turn it off and you will be play better and have a much better time.

Agreed. I turned my chat window off long ago....found that 90% of the time someone talks its to be rude or annoying.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t is necessary to be able to lose adequately and not to lose the head at a large prize, but also going on a distance it is necessary to remain the good person.In any unclear situation, be a man! Do good, bro! Thank you!

S

spadeit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker's roots always involved cheating, scandals, cursing, shooting, killing...it wasn't exactly played in a church. Tilting players in chat is part of the game just as it is in real life. I don't participate, but if some players do it, it's fair game imo. On the other hand, if I see some chat messages from an asshole who is tilting, I might say a thing or two to push them over the edge and make even more mistakes. You use every tool in the arsenal to win. Not much different than taking advantage of inactive players. They should be there on time. I use every advantage I can to win.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Do not take into account what chat is talking about! You find all sorts of people who get angry at table players, I have a chat window closed.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think that the table chat is often a good tell which we can use. If they rant and rave about some silly thing instead of just moving on and concentrating on the next hand, be sure that he is not paying due attention and will surely be more prone to making mistakes.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off chat and enjoy the game! GL

onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If no one is using chat , eventually you will lose it. They will take it away. Start talking to people, be sociable. Look at your newest game mode on poker stars. Power up poker is a perfect example of what your chat options will look like in the future. Wake up people .

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a tactic to some to others it's just their natural way of life. Especially when it comes to online poker, you'll see many more "mouths" going off because theres really nothing you can do....ever. you can either leave the table , block the chat or get annoyed and tilt yourself.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You know when someone goes off, you have taken an advantage over that individual. Stoke the flame of rage and set back and watch the show. When your oppenent is mad, flustrated or just provoking a response, they are not completely focused on all surroundings. Exploit it, what ever you can from that situation. Not like they don't deserve it.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to care but now I don't and tend to use it to an advantage