The respect has been lost?

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Live.. walk over to the guy laughing and bust him in the mouth ...

but be prepared ... this might cause you more trouble than your original problem. But doubtful he will be laughing anymore

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what works for me. Online, if chat gets too wild, then I just turn it off. Live, if the conversation is too much or there is no conversation, then I put on my noise canceling headphones and listen to good music. You MUST pay attention and not slow the game down if you have headphones on.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play most times at least 4 tables in the same time, so I dont read chat and I think that my poker is much better now, most times I dont see chat and bad beats.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They want to upset your game with their comments. We must not pay attention to this and take all the joke.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, poker is a game in which you can win today, and tomorrow you can lose, I play only online poker and I don’t pay attention to the players. The main factor for me is to catch good combinations and try to win money, I almost don’t play with my friends poker for money so that I do not have offenses and disagreements with them and I want them not to be evil when I win them or vice versa!

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not need to avoid it since I usually do not use chat so I do not insult any player when I'm at a poker table, but I do think that poker rooms should create a stricter regulation for this type of behavior

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ff

Chat is the last thing you should think .Poker is a variety of many sectors...as luck skill some dirty talk etc .Talking and respect at poker does not affect me.

M

mavradal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've personally met all kinds of people online, some are really nice and even called me a 'pro' lol while others throw insults whenever they lose a hand especially when someone from brazil or Poland gets the better of them.

I guess polish and brazilian players have a really bad reputation.

I think that those people who use the chat to have an advantage against other players, simply do not know how to have a good game strategy, or do not know what playing poker is on equal terms, either skillfully or psychologically.

Would you say the same about Phil Hellmuth? He definitely seems to have the same kind of mindset.

Last edited:
ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
player types

An interesting note about the image and character of the players in a live poker game. There is something in common with one type of player - you can even study psychology according to the behavior of such identical characters. There are those who are dissatisfied and at the same time swear. currently there are those who, having lost, are silent, as if analyzing their game. And scrolling backwards, of course, looking for — where he made a mistake. from the game to make a lot of interesting and entertaining.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yikes i may be guilty here lol. Was playing a tourney a little tilted... button raised my blind i call, empty flop.. Plan was to check fold until he bets pot... then i raise he folds and i type in chat "Ima bet pot in position cause i have the nuts". Then thought to myself.. why did i say that. Not only was i being a dick for no reason to someone i never even played with before, But it was also a huge info leak. It's rare for me to talk in chat at the tables but i blurted some rudeness out that time.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If a person is rude and a bad sport the poker site should take action immediately to band that player. Like CC the panel has rules they have to follow.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases, I do not pay attention to what they write in the chat.

R

roman5551993

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not pay attention, people are different.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its not only poker, in every aspect of life happens, i think its a turning point of human evolution, or we move on, or we vanish.

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is very different in terms of communication at the tables! when you play offline it’s impossible to sit for 6 hours at the table and be silent, but when you play online from 6 to 20 tables, you don’t have time to chat, and therefore many people never answer you! it's not rude - they just can't afford it!

GuiWah

GuiWah

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online poker is very different in terms of communication at the tables! when you play offline it’s impossible to sit for 6 hours at the table and be silent, but when you play online from 6 to 20 tables, you don’t have time to chat, and therefore many people never answer you! it's not rude - they just can't afford it!

Totally agree with you.
When you are grinding you don`t have enough time to be reading the chat. However, its hard to avoid this kind of behavior. We are playing against people and they are used to be toxic on the internet.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay any attention to it, I just do my own thing and try to control the game.

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I do not react to rudeness in the chat. Sometimes it even looks fun. A brute loses concentration and makes many mistakes, it is easy to beat him

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was a 30 year old hippie in the 70's so I'm use to insults. I would just smile and they looked so disappointed because they didn't get the reaction they were looking for. Gets them every time.

paulezzz

paulezzz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
re

I think there is normally very less respect on poker tables. In general if you play with friends for little money then the whole athmosphere is different and is keeps cosy to play with each other. If for real money with unknown people there is always people that really can not stand it when they loose and get angry or mean towards other players.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In most cases, I do not write in the chat, and the more I do not respond to insults !!!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Personally, I am indifferent to the emotions and statements of other players. I always try to control my emotions and start playing only when I have a positive mood. During the game, I focus only on making the right decisions.

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've personally met all kinds of people online, some are really nice and even called me a 'pro' lol while others throw insults whenever they lose a hand especially when someone from Brazil or Poland gets the better of them.

I guess polish and brazilian players have a really bad reputation.

Would you say the same about Phil Hellmuth? He definitely seems to have the same kind of mindset.

Of course, Sometimes luck influences.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only thing you can control is your reaction to the situation. This applies to life in general as well. If you can control your emotions then nothing negative will come because of these bad situations. It's also useful for positive situations, like positive tilt.