• Thread starter SlimHeperpokerstars
  • Start date
T

theblizzardofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've smashed my laptop a couple times, a long long time ago.. I used to break the odd putter when I first started golfing so was par for the course..

Nothing surprises me about online poker...

I have had people hit one outters on me at least a dozen times, with only river to go....Stay calm and register into another:eek:

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think at the moment there is no way to feel resentful, but then with a cold head I try to understand where I went wrong or if it was just the luck of the villain!!!

😎👊

Royal_074

Royal_074

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Game is game, you should be able to lose. Yesterday I played tournament and went all-in when one player went... three of us went all-in, I won, one is left, and the one who losed began to swear, insult, wrote in the chat, as the viewer very long criticized those who made mistakes ...

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always feel a bit numb and kind of sad. I start thinking about what I should have done....taken more risks, been more patient, stole a few more blinds, etc.

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After being eliminated from tournaments early, angry and upset, then analyze your mistakes.I understand that you need to learn to accept failures. But I don't know how. I have a friend who helps me spiritually. He says that if a person has pure thoughts and intentions, he will surely succeed in life and in poker.

Last edited:
MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't say that I don't get irked if I lose a tourney to a really bad player that got lucky, but I usually try to look at how I could have avoided losing everything on one hand. Sometimes I'm just having a lot of bad luck and can't really do anything different that would have mattered. But most times I've made one mistake (it only takes one after hours of play) that I can learn from.

lezhnindima

lezhnindima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is little disappointment but the game is a game :)

C

celo945

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From that momentary anger, especially when the blow comes on the river, it looks like a crusader on the chin, but I'll drop it and know it's a game thing

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to control your emotions, especially when playing poker. Since in poker very often there is both plus and minus

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Couple of weeks ago i played MicroMillions Main Event, of course was not hoping for something, won ticket through satellites. It was about 60-65 thousand players. I got in to the 2nd day action and after that i was chip leader. It was about 800 players remaining. I could be happy if i can win at least 3-5 thousand dollars. But i finished really fast with something like 170$. You know, people usually say about bad luck, this time i was too aggressive, a bit unlucky and also made one big mistake that costs me everything.

This pain still hurts. First 3 days i though about that every single minute, sitting on my work , with the thoughts, something like "omg biggest chance in my pokerlife... OMG what have you done. It,s still hurts and really hard to understand how you can loose all your chips in a few hands.

Even if got 3-5K $ i will be more than happy, but this 170$ is just nothing, if you was the leader with the 800+ people remaining from the 65000.
It will be really hard to forget this, also because i,m not such a good poker player, but you know, some people just can have a "huge wild run", even if you play not so good, you can be lucky and win the tournament one day. I was thinking that was my day...

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That's when I start to hate poker, I usually spend a lot of times in which the tournament is mine, and I start losing hands like QQ (me) and JJ rival and I lose them, that's when I decide not to enter pokerstars for a long time

N

neiltur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes I get very angry when I am eliminated with a strong hand, but soon passes.

M

mabeyta

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too have high emotions when I get those bad beats. There are some people who just like to gamble and don't really care about what hand they have. "Any two will do". I believe it is when we run into those players, if you identify them before they have a chance to try to stack you, just be careful. Know they can hold anything! Because odds are it's you they will get lucky against.

My premium pair has been cracked by lowball unsuited cards countless times. It is gut wrenching. I never berate on chat though, emotional control needs to be a huge part of your game. It is why you can't just say "f" it and ship after a huge chip loss even though you are on the rails. You almost have to immediately forget about what just happened and focus on rebuilding your stack. And of course if you bust, we can't win them all. If you could, maybe poker wouldn't be as fun? After all, it is the downs that make the ups taste so much sweeter.

Good luck to you!

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After time, we learn to control our anger more, I think... Besides, its only a game of risk factors....