• Thread starter SlimHeperpokerstars
  • Start date
SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not resentful at all, up set when someone sucks out, yes. But that lasts maybe a couple on minutes then time to move on.

When I started playing I would get bitter and angry when I got knocked out in big spots, but I've now lost so many times that I no longer care. :D

If you can't take a loss you won't last long enough to finally win. Fair warning though, there are some miserable people out there who can tell you every bad beat they have ever received, so be careful!

Good luck to you.

Thank you, anyone who aspires to get it all, and you need to be able to keep the blow, I agree with you) To you, too, good luck and new victories!

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I loss I always analyze my game, and I try to understand in what is my mistake

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i used to have anger and resentment before i left poker, now that I'm back I understand it happens that you can go out. I've been out many times only a couple of positions to get into the money. I only get angry if it's a bad beat. A lot of the times lately i've noticed i have the winning hand till the river and then the other guy got lucky. It's really annoying.

S

SlavaUa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am angry only when there is no my mistake, and someone win with trash, i am so angry!!!Ohhh

poketcardz

poketcardz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ta

if lose i like to take a break get up streach what not and get back to tabbles cant win them all if u know how poker works

B

bartleby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say years ago I always had some problems after losing but today I am much more relaxed, only if I make a donk-play I am upset with myself afterwards. Variance no longer pisses me off.

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hay SlimHeperpokerstars.

You have two ways to take a bad loss

You can be mad as hell, and resent whatever you can find to resent, like the player who knocked you out, the poker site because they won't let you win. That may sound stupid, but some players really believe that. Or you could resent the dealer, which is a computer. All of this will drag you down, and your future playing online poker will be full of losses and more anger.

Now on the up side, you can learn to deal with the anger and resentment, simply by knowing there is nothing you can do about any hand in the past. Yes it is easier said than done. It took me some months, but when I had about 75% of my tilt problem under control, I started winning. GL to you

C

Clint Dohrman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always resentment after losing lol.i just need tofocus more and I will be alright

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The main thing is to play quality poker, trying to show A-game. If you are sure that you did everything right in the game, then there will be no discontent. If you make a mistake in poker, then analyze your game and improve further.

H

Heidenroeslein

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing I read in a book of poker: never play more than you EXPECT to lose and that you can EASILY afford to let go! EXPECT to lose and AFFORD the calculated risk. And never go over your bankroll. I'd suggest tourneys with a one-off buy-in for beginners or freerolls. No add-on's or re-buys. I spent a lot more money in re-buy tourneys not having the knowledge, yet... . And wanting to win than with the one-off "fees".

lajeandom

lajeandom

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These past few days I have been really bad lucky. So it's been hard on me. I got frustrated sometimes, then I took a break, and now I am feeling better.

I think you have to go through it, and get better at controlling these emotions. Like my girlfriend always says: It's called gambling for a reason...

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing is a part of the game and how you deal with it can dictate if you become a winning player or not.

T

txb1gfr0g

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just for me, if I get knocked out of a tourny when I did something stupid or if I just made a mistake. For example I got my money in with KK and ran into AA. It happens. I miscalculated. I can accept that.

Now when I get my money in with AA and get called by T8 off and the bandit hits 488 on the flop.... Yeah I get a little frustrated....even angry.

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, I don't get angry, or hold any resentment when I'm knocked out of a tourney. Losing is inevitable, and I've dealt many lucky blows to my opponents as well. If I'm playing as well as I hope I am, then in the long run I'll come out on top anyway. So, all in all I take it in stride.

Jhon Lozano

Jhon Lozano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I feel sad when I lose and I had the odds on my side, those are the losses that hurt me the most, but in the end it's a game, and although it does not depend 100% of the luck, it influences a lot in the games.

B

bravissim0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone can be upset after losing, it's normal. Sometimes I get angry when I make a mistake, sometimes I'm angry because I lost with the best hand

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are knocked out of a tournament that you had high hopes for, do you have anger and resentment? Or do you understand that everything is to blame for everything, even if you are just not lucky and try to understand your mistakes? I think that you need to be able to leave beautifully, but what do you think?:confused:

Yes, that's the day before yesterday from CC on 888 me with a good stack and got knocked out before the awards... 11th place, anger was... but himself to blame )))) on the one hand. And on the other, of course furious

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, that's the day before yesterday from CC on 888 me with a good stack and got knocked out before the awards... 11th place, anger was... but himself to blame )))) on the one hand. And on the other, of course furious

In most cases, it happens. You make mistakes yourself, but blame someone else) Awareness of this comes later, but right after losing, you can talk a lot too much to the person who moved you for example)

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Do You think I was hurt ?! :eek: After all, it's the final table of the tournament ! :motz:
nAyopVlh7yVqmZ.jpg

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, it happens. You make mistakes yourself, but blame someone else) Awareness of this comes later, but right after losing, you can talk a lot too much to the person who moved you for example)

I'm not arguing, there was my mistake I wanted to lure him, but in the end it turned out that he arrived ))

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I’m never angry or bitter after being knocked out of a tournament. Disappointed sometimes, if I’m knocked out as a result of a mistake, but I get over it very quickly.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The first five minutes I'm ready to break the phone on the wall. Then I get soak up and start analyzing, I'm depressed when on the river I get bored of this of course.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the circunstances, in theory you shouldnt be salty but there are enough rough bad beats/obnoxious opponents that there are cases in which a rage quit is innevitable.

vitorbonatto

vitorbonatto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its hard do sleep after some bad decisions at the table... haha. but the important thing is to learn with your mistakes and them the next time you confront some similar situation you can fix it

B

bartleby

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is so much variance involved, you cannot get angry every time you get knocked out. I am sometimes also pissed after a bad beat but it's important to realize that this is all part of the game and it is also very important to realize that if it is the other way around.
I think it really helps to tell yourself how lucky you got sucking out on someone else because the next time variance slaps you in the face, you much easier realize that this is part of it. I am just saying that because it took me some time to better handle bad beats.
And a lot of people take luck for granted and complain about bad luck (especially in the online-poker-is-rigged community).