My Quest of $0-$10,000 6/08 to 3/09 Completed

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Um zach, I don't see any fish around here, unless you are referring to me (soon to be fixed, as i study this thread for strategy). In this case tapping the tank only wakes up the mothing****ing great white bfw0082

Yeah I mean like if we don't piss him off he may take it easy on me if we ever do play, but if you insult him he may get mad and actually play good against me to make a point and then I wouldn't stand a chance.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
btw I'll give anyone 3:1 up to like $100 that this HU matchup never occurs (as in him having the funds and ready to play me, obv if I back out I lose bet).

B

bfw0082

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
@60 going to bed, should hit 200 tomorrow... ill keep ya posted

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bfw (do you mind if i call you bfw?),

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on this hand. I make a very bad play preflop (i shouldn't reraise a hand this bad) but i was tilt i guess. I don't know what to do on the flop, so i just bet coz i'm scared if i check then villain might bet and i have to fold, since if he bet it surely mean he has KK or AA. But i get real confused on turn. Worst card in deck hits, and villain probably has a straight now (i put him on 44 after turn). Do i fold? Maybe i could try to bluff and get him to fold a set or 3 pair if he doesn't have 44? I don't like bluffing tho. I want pot control but if villain bets i pee my pants coz he has 44 so i'm scared to check. I'm very confused and would be interested to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
party poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
Hero (BB): $1,897.26 (474.3 bb)
SB: $372.28 (93.1 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with T
heart.gif
T
spade.gif

SB raises to $12, Hero raises to $44, SB calls $32
Flop: ($88) 5
heart.gif
diamond.gif
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $70, SB calls $70
Turn: ($228) 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero ???

B

bfw0082

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey bfw (do you mind if i call you bfw?),

I was wondering if you could give me some advice on this hand. I make a very bad play preflop (i shouldn't reraise a hand this bad) but i was tilt i guess. I don't know what to do on the flop, so i just bet coz i'm scared if i check then villain might bet and i have to fold, since if he bet it surely mean he has KK or AA. But i get real confused on turn. Worst card in deck hits, and villain probably has a straight now (i put him on 44 after turn). Do i fold? Maybe i could try to bluff and get him to fold a set or 3 pair if he doesn't have 44? I don't like bluffing tho. I want pot control but if villain bets i pee my pants coz he has 44 so i'm scared to check. I'm very confused and would be interested to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------
Party Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
Hero (BB): $1,897.26 (474.3 bb)
SB: $372.28 (93.1 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with T
heart.gif
T
spade.gif

SB raises to $12, Hero raises to $44, SB calls $32
Flop: ($88) 5
heart.gif
diamond.gif
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $70, SB calls $70
Turn: ($228) 3
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero ???

check it down, fold to a bet... 10 10 is weak, unless it is suited.
I would never risk that much on 10 10 even heads up, I set mine JJ and lower.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

so the question is was he leveling all along or is he now pretending to level and be facetious in order to save face (and also because he knows if he tries to offer legit advice he'll look like a tool)?

probably the 2nd one. who would really go through all the trouble of the screenshots in the OP for a level that isn't even that good?

B

bfw0082

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so the question is was he leveling all along or is he now pretending to level and be facetious in order to save face (and also because he knows if he tries to offer legit advice he'll look like a tool)?

probably the 2nd one. who would really go through all the trouble of the screenshots in the OP for a level that isn't even that good?

what are you guys even talking about?

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

cool

Attachments

• sooted.jpg
    sooted.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 15
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
guys i have the OP beat i went from nothing to one bird that craps golden eggs in only 5,000 hands!

Attachments

• garph.jpg
    garph.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 14
Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
here's a screenshot of my cashout too so i have proof unlike the op!

Attachments

• chickengold.jpg
    chickengold.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 14
S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL at this thread!!!! This is absolutely hilarious!!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your money is on Carbon? Are they US friendly? I'm gonna need to deposit but if you'll play me HU at a reasonable stake I'll do it.

Looks like he plays at PDC - I have some money there if you need it lol.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Suited pair of 10's?

At first, I kinda felt sorry for this guy for being so misguided. But then I saw this and now I sincerely hope this is a joke/level/gag/goof/charade/stunt.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like I said before definite level, and like combuboom says not a particularly good one.

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
umm no guys he's definitely being serious unless he's sad enough to doctor dozens of screenshots.

the only lies are (a) that he's remotely good at poker, and (b) that he cashed out 10k and started again from freerolls when in fact he obviously went busto.

Last edited:
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmmm, after reading some of his BFW's post, I'm starting to take back some of the jokes. It's nice to see someone with a different outlook and approach to the game than just the standard by-the-book plays. Sure if you look at the hand histories, it looks like he is playing like a donk/fish but when he explains his thought process for why he played the hand like he did, it makes a lot more sense. I think we came down to hard because we saw the hand images and though "Oh, I would never play that hand! This guy is playing wrong, he must be a fish." When in fact, poker is about playing your opponents not the cards. We have no idea how BFW's opponents were playing or anything. We only see the cards he held, which is just 10% of the big picture. The other 90% is BFW's reads and understanding of others at the table.

So, I think we should all just take a step back and really grasp what BFW tells us. It's a bit different, but we should accept and welcome new thoughts and ideas. He is nice enough to even answer our questions and help out, so I don't think he is trying to be full of himself. He plays a little differently and we can really learn from a player like him. In fact, I would love to see a video; maybe a tutorial video by him in the near future. I think ZachVac would be a great candidate because I know he has the money to play with but he is not a great player overall. He and many other members in this thread have a lot to learn from BFW.

F

fergy05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BFW, don't listen to these guys on this thread, they obviously don't know what they are talking about. YOu have seen the results yourself and your method is obviously flawless. I think you should put some time into writing a poker book. There is big money in poker books and they all basically say the same thing "Play premium hands, Position is important, etc", the market is wide open for a book on your winning strategy, so how can you go wrong. I think a good name for your book could be "How to go from $0 - $10,000 without worrying about the cards you hold".

All of these so called "good players" that keep making snide posts your way only manage to pull in a measley 10 - 30 BB/100 hands (I think that is the range they aim for). YOur strategy is netting you 100BB each hand, I know the one I would prefer.

Keep up the good work and ignore all of these nay-sayers. When you get the first chapters of the books done, I would love it if you posted them in the forums here for me to read through and learn from. I promise to buy the book when it is published (I will put a little aside from my first 10K that I make using your strategy).