Poll: Are you an overall winning player?

Are you overall a winning player?

• Yes, I'm an overall winner!

Votes: 90 56.3%
  • I'm a break-even player

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • No, overall I'm a losing player

Votes: 26 16.3%
  • I don't know / I don't keep track.

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters
NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I entered the poll yesterday, and was honest enough to vote that overall I was losing. I am up about £200 on live poker, but was down for online poker. Then yesterday I was amazed to make a couple of dollars from the CC $5 buy-in at Ultimatebet, and delighted to manage that against such great players. Then today I was amazed again when I played in a $2 buy-in tournament at Titan, and won $314.04 for coming in 4th!

So thanks very much to all the people here whose great advice I have struggled to absorb, maybe everybody has these occasional hot-spots but it certainly is a great feeling! Maybe taking a break for a couple of months has helped. :)

D

deli10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i chose no i am a loser since i am very new to the game.. but i believe in general its because i enter a lot of freerolls and not sure when people are bluffing or going with good hands
so i am having hard time with my little experience identifying that
but i try to understand the players on the table fast to help me do a good job.

JupeZ

JupeZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to say actually. I usually win a lot from freerolls and end up winning up to $50 from smaller games BUT i do start to play too high stakes there and eventually go broke in max 24 hours. lol
If id keep on smaller stakes id put myself on winning player.

Y

yankeenut23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hmmm...

Everyone seems pretty confident in themselves...
I dont really keep track but would say I am a decent player:)

D

donvic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi all,
it was stated before....
"You know you are a winning player if you consistantly withdraw yet dont deposit"

that's me except for the..consistantly.
more like occasionaly for me.

best,
donvic

W

Woodyspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i am a winner but its hard work me. I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short at the table but I keep on truckin and just try to turn a profit.

G

glworden

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i chose no i am a loser since i am very new to the game.. but i believe in general its because i enter a lot of freerolls and not sure when people are bluffing or going with good hands
so i am having hard time with my little experience identifying that
but i try to understand the players on the table fast to help me do a good job.

People are usually NOT bluffing. One of the common mistakes when we begin to learn the game is to over-estimate the times opponents bluff. They make a big bet, you think they might be bluffing, so you call and lose a pile of chips. Experience will show you that most of the time people bet on a made hand.

Of course, the caveat is that you're playing other beginners at low stakes, and such players tend to bluff too much.

While learning, don't be too afraid of the bluff. Take the bets at face value. As you learn, bluffs will become more obvious because there is something aout the play that doesn't add up or doesn't make sense.

E

Earnhardt388

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
id say im generally a break even player, which sucks pretty bad, but im working on it.

D

deli10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People are usually NOT bluffing. One of the common mistakes when we begin to learn the game is to over-estimate the times opponents bluff. They make a big bet, you think they might be bluffing, so you call and lose a pile of chips. Experience will show you that most of the time people bet on a made hand.

Of course, the caveat is that you're playing other beginners at low stakes, and such players tend to bluff too much.

While learning, don't be too afraid of the bluff. Take the bets at face value. As you learn, bluffs will become more obvious because there is something aout the play that doesn't add up or doesn't make sense.

thanks for the tip...ok do you think mucking a hand is the best way to be able to always confuse players or is it best to show your good hands sometimes. i am sure this strategy has to do with good play..isnt it.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the tip...ok do you think mucking a hand is the best way to be able to always confuse players or is it best to show your good hands sometimes. i am sure this strategy has to do with good play..isnt it.

muck 99%
show 1% ( maybe after you hit your 5th pocket pair in a row)

Keep them guessing.

melcu65

melcu65

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i am overall winnig but not tu much..so i can't say i'm winning a lot.experience will acumulate and i'm patient waiting for the results:D

tertip

tertip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont deposit from my own money to the rooms only from my banroll now over 2 years, and withdraw a few K :)

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This poll is flawed imo.
I have withdrawn more money then if deposited so that way i could call my self a "winning player", but the problem is in the long run im pretty sure im break even at best.

N

Netthug

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I am a winning player because I haven't played too many games, and I generally play weak opposition. And also most of my br comes from freerolls :]

dwolfg

dwolfg

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even though I have recently gone through a long stretch of losing at the cash tables online, Over all I am up, mainly because I have never deposited and have money in my real money accounts(only about 60-80 bucks but still). I consistently finish in the top 1/3 of tournaments. So you decide whether I'm a winning or losing player.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a winner. I keep track of my deposits and withdrawals over the course of the entire year and every year since I started online (2004) I have been a winner.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was a huge losing player for like the first year or so I played then I made all of it back plus some...then went tilty for a while and didn't win shit. Now I've made more in the pas two months than my previous "career" combined.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
duh

75% OF PLAYERS THINK THEY ARE BETTER THAN THE OTHER 75%

TOMMY ANGELO

(see my blog here on the book)

AKQ69

AKQ69

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if I'm a player or not yet because I'm still sort of new.

I do know that in the last month of playing on PP I've taken my $10,000 in play money and turned it into 14K and some change so I'm feeling pretty good about that.

I signed up for FT tonight and lost my first 1k, then nearly went through my second before ending the night with $2600.

I'm excited about playing for real $$$$ but I still know I've got lots to learn because I'm still making mistakes.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't answer this one right now.

Three months ago it was much easier to answer. But at the moment I can't seem to call myself a winner after many weeks of very choppy play...

That said my facts are as follows:

1. I have NEVER made a deposit at ANY poker site.
2. I have a small three digit balance in my accounts combined.
3. I have NEVER gone bust in ANY account that has has money in it.

So I spose I am a winner at micro stakes online.

Whatever.

Poker has gone sour for me. That seems like not winning.

No vote

evilbughead

evilbughead

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I am an overall MTT player I avoid the cash tables like a plague atm i have a 97.15% rating and a 70% ROI atm I have only played 500 some odds tourneys with a 23% ITM so I think that is winning poker what do you all think?

R

robertvgomez2

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say yes because my ROI is over 125% on 2 DB's

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say im an overall winning player,
I run bad sometime,but i always keep a little more money in my accounts than i started with.

hojediade

hojediade

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess it's all about a point of view. In my opinion, i'm a winning player as i've never deposited yet and as i have some bucks on my different accounts.
:D
In truth, i can't consider myself as a winning player as i didn't risk much of my money yet. I'm still learning and i guess, it will take me months to reach this level. Let's say about 2 or 3 more years of play and then i would be able to answer this poll correctly.
:cool: