Pokertracker v3 beta!!!

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay, quick last question: Does it screw up PT2 if you install it? Otherwise, I might install PT3 for its improved filtering and play around with it to analyze hands.

Thanks!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest issue is that the HUD is that it's not really stable and crashes from time to time. I've used it when 6 tabling and it's really not suited for that yet

This is about release build 2. Just saw they put out a new version today called beta 12. I'll give it a try tonight.

Really sucks that they go back to beta versions 2 weeks after putting out a release version...

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play 4 tables with PT3 without any problems, other than my own personal stats disappear on occasion. And those I can reset.
I've done 6 tables with PT3 and don't remember any problems.

I did have a problem with other people's stats disappearing and occasional crashes before the last update, but not since.

PT3 uses it's own database so it's independent of PT2. It won't screw anything up if you have it running on the same computer as PT2.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It crashed about 25 seconds in after installation.

Cool.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was able to multi table FR 16 tabling fine. It was a little buggy but bearable. Over the last 2 days of 8 tabling 6max, it crashes like every 5 mins. I'm seriously doubting the whether I'm gonna take the plunge. I may have to look at Holdem Manager or something. I hope PT can sort the issues out, but seriously they have made a huge blunder releasing this whilst it's so crappy imho.

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok Im now fed up with PT3!! I am having loads of probs.

Would you guys reconmend I remove this useless software from my machine!! and try out PT2.. or just sit it out till PT3 is sorted??

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is PT3 still available in a free beta test version? I had it for a couple months until it went live. I liked it, and now miss it. The release price was higher than I expected, though I do realize that once it is fully functional we will hopefully get a lot for our money.
I wasn't much for using the HUD as it cluttered the screen and was buggy in my early tries. Moving the stats around was a bit of a pain. And repeated messages in the PT3 forum and CC forum about the HUD continuing to be buggy made me hold off on trying it again.
I would like to hear more about other poker tracker/manager software, hopefully with a slightly better price. (dmorris68's message about PokerEV sounds inticing. I'll have to check that out.)
Well, I'll go back to the PT3 site to see what the latest is on the beta version, and if I can still use it for free. If there are others out there using the free version, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mo

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's a trial version that's either two or three months long.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I tried beta 12 tonight and it's way better than the previous versions. Didn't crash once for 2 hours while 4 tabling on full tilt and 1 tabling on stars with HUD on.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any news with 9+ tabling? Also with hero's stats?

Really want to make the move but I'm ascared of mid-game crashes and not being as quick with rebooting it and the hud etc in time...

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I purchased PT3 when it came out and there are still some features missing and bugs having to do with the hud. I installed beta 12 today and the hud seems to run even worse for me when 12 tabling. I havent really tried it for fewer tables as of yet. It gets real laggy and caused me to sit out and fold a bunch. One thing that I have noticed is that the more hud groups you create the worse it seems to get. If you are considering buying pt3 I would suggest holding off for a little bit, especially if you play lots of tables. I have no doubt they will eventually work out these issues and they will have some great software, but at the moment they still have a lot of work to do.....

They have fixed displaying hero's stats from what I can tell, some people have reported beta 12 running better but for many it seems it has not.

Last edited:
Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can anyone think why the hud dosnt display at all for me on pokerstars yet it still shows HH???

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any news with 9+ tabling? Also with hero's stats?

Really want to make the move but I'm ascared of mid-game crashes and not being as quick with rebooting it and the hud etc in time...

Chuck, it was fine for me when I was multi tabling FR, the odd crash but definately bearable. But since I've been playing 6 max these last couple of days, it's crash city wtf! I don't know whether its just coincidental or what, but's it's doing my head in. I haven't tried it with hero stats tbh.

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i read on 2p2 that a few guys brought PT3 and are still usuing PT2 and are very pissed, the HUD crashes for me so I dont use PT3.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would advise anyone interested in PT3 not to make the purchase untill all the bugs get worked out. Personally, I think a few of the Beta's were better than the final product as released. I'm back to using PT2.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Josh recommended purging your database, and reimporting. I have waited till the most recent (b12) version to do this, it was apparently necessary between build 1 and 2, but I didn't do it.

Tonight I am trying it his way. Sorry guys, I don't do FR, so won't be able to give you much info. Might not be valid anyway as my system has been a bit buggy the last few days. Just found a dead drive in my system. Had to HD's and one went belly up, probably causing poser spikes on the line and causing all sorts of delays. Nothing all that important on that drive, It was originally a big Win 98 drive!

I never used PT2 other than a trial copy last summer. I took one look at it, one look at the PT2 setup thread here and said 'No Way!'

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Josh recommended purging your database, and reimporting. I have waited till the most recent (b12) version to do this, it was apparently necessary between build 1 and 2, but I didn't do it.

Tonight I am trying it his way.

Please comment on how this works out for you. I havent done that yet either. I just setup PT2 and PAHud and will probably be using that for a while until I start hearing about some progress. GL,
Rich

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just installed PT3 b12 with the PostgreSQL DB after a couple weeks of not using PT3 b11 when it expired. Importing the HH's from those couple weeks went fairly smoothly, though I had to refresh the page a couple times to see my cash game results.
I manually re-imported my old HH's from the previous 2 months. Luckily I had exported those HH's just before PT3 b11 expired, so the re-import went fairly quickly.
The one thing I still don't like is that all my tourney results are gone once again, even those where I had exported the HH's using PT3. There is no way I'm going back to enter those results one more time. If they are going to keep making DB changes, then they really have to figure out a way to save those tourney results. :mad:

momoney2

momoney2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Aliases

Has anyone worked with Aliases to combine displayed results for multiple sights? I finally came across this option the other day, and liked being able to see my combined results on two different sites where I have different screen names.
HOWEVER, I have come across a problem where I can not remove the alias. Each time I attempt to remove the alias, PT3 b12 locks up. In my last attempt I let it run for almost 2 hours with no success.
I've logged this bug on the PT3 forum, but the earlier reply I received indicated that this was not necessarily a crash. Though I had not made my 2-hour attempt at that point.
Has anyone else attempted to remove an alias? And if so, did you encounter this problem?

(I do have a workaround to filter using the poker site to see site specific results.)

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beta 13 was released today. Suppossedly its supposed to fix a lot of hud performance issues. Im installing it now, so we'll see how it goes....

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started playing about 9 tables until my system bogged down and got an error message PT3 has shutdown due to hud or something to that effect.
MEh.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Messed around with two tables to set the hud up (something I still hadn't done).

Worked fine for me.

I'm still really not pleased with the setup (I basically did the equivalent of button mashing to get my stats to come up properly). I guess it's some tech programming thing that I won't understand, but why the hell didn't they format the hud config the same way they did with PAHUD and just satisfy everyone? I understand bugs will always be a problem, but I'm really not very satisfied with the setup of PT3 yet. Looked briefly into HM and am basically just as dissatisfied, but in different areas.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont really find any problems with just playing a few tables, its just when I started playing 7 or 8+ does it start to cause problems for me. I'm basically using the free PT2/ Pahud programs that came with PT3 when i bought it for the tracker and exporting my hands into PT3 to use with the filters and reports which are pretty badass. Just kind of a pain though. Hopefully they get it all worked out soon.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I downloaded the new beta version and decided to test the limits, I got up to like 16 tables before I couldn't do anything anymore. Maybe my computer isn't good enough to handle that many tables with PT3 running, or maybe it's just the program. I am going to stick it out with PT2 + PAHud still.

Attachments

• swingandamiss.JPG
    swingandamiss.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 5
Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide