Pokertracker v3 beta!!!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zach you have to set them up as stat groups in the config panel. So for example I have the stat group that show me vpip/pfr/af/hands as one box. thenj I have another box as cb/foldcb/cb turn/fold to cb turn. You can make as many groups as you like and have them as a standard box or have them running vertically using the different line seperators. Then you just move them about on the open table surrounding the seats and save the layout. |Hope this helps.

ah thanks, I'll try that. Seems like it's pretty close to done, which is good since it's a day away from release :).

Anyway, that still leaves us with:

Anyone else having the problem that when you are auto importing real-time that you can't see the stats in real time, you have to restart PT3 to get it to show those stats?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For you who have figured out PT2 and PAH, congratulations. What a nightmare compared to PT3!

As part of the prepurchase package they gave me PT2 and PAH. My thinking was that I could use it for some of the off sites (UB, bodog, etc) that I play. After installing them both, neither is doing me any good, and I know you will tell me to read the PT thread here, and read this and that, and spend some time working it out. But really, why bother?

There may be a nice nifty manual somewhere that would guide me through several hours of setting them up, but truthfully, the beta of PT3 is so simple, I just can't bring myself to force the issue.

About the only thing I have had to configure in PT3 are my aliases. I suppose I will get around to customizing the HUD, but it looks a whole lot easier than anything PAH had. I am starting with the 3 stats that come preconfigured, and will build on those as I get comfortable with them, and feel more is needed.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone else having the problem that when you are auto importing real-time that you can't see the stats in real time, you have to restart PT3 to get it to show those stats?
Same issue but you don't have to close PT3 to get it to update. Just select someone else's screen name then click the Mine button to refresh your stats. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out but for now that's what I've been doing.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok one more question lol. The stats have a "fold SB to steal" and "fold BB to steal", but no combined stat. I considered creating a customized stat using a weighted average but I couldn't figure out how to figure out how many hands a certain player played in the SB or BB.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same issue but you don't have to close PT3 to get it to update. Just select someone else's screen name then click the Mine button to refresh your stats. I'm sure they'll get it sorted out but for now that's what I've been doing.

There is a refresh button in the top right corner by the Filters button, that just refreshes all of your stats. Maybe I'm reading your problem wrong but I don't think you have to close PT3 or click anyone else's screen name.

Also the final release is going to have
one major "feature" that we believe will make PT3 the must-have next-gen tracker without question
so maybe that will make it worth the money to upgrade from PT2 to PT3. He won't say what it is yet though =(

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a problem with the fold to steal stats in the current release. It's supposed to be fixed in the release due today.

As far as combining the stats wouldn't a combined number divided by 2 approximate this number?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a refresh button in the top right corner by the Filters button, that just refreshes all of your stats. Maybe I'm reading your problem wrong but I don't think you have to close PT3 or click anyone else's screen name.

I knew that I just wanted to see if you did.

Thanks!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a problem with the fold to steal stats in the current release. It's supposed to be fixed in the release due today.

As far as combining the stats wouldn't a combined number divided by 2 approximate this number?

Approximate yes, but I wanted to be perfect lol. But I figured it out, I had the wrong group of stats selected so it wasn't showing the ones I wanted to see. I just did (sb steal folds + bb steal folds) / (sb steal def. opp. + bb steal def. opp).

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well I thought it worked, now when I try to include that group in my HUD nothing ends up showing up. Hopefully they fix that by the release.

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and I have a pretty random question, am I just crazy or is it impossible to minimize PT3 to the tray. Like when you minimized PT2 it would go to the bottom right corner by your clock but I can't find a way to do that with PT3. I would go suggest it on their site but it seems like such an obvious thing and I feel like I'm just missing it :p

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh and I have a pretty random question, am I just crazy or is it impossible to minimize PT3 to the tray. Like when you minimized PT2 it would go to the bottom right corner by your clock but I can't find a way to do that with PT3. I would go suggest it on their site but it seems like such an obvious thing and I feel like I'm just missing it :p

I seem to remember a thread on it over there but I don't think it has been implemented yet.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seany

Are you a MAC user?

I ask because the 'Tray' is something I associate with MAC's, not PC's.
I have no problem at all minimizing to the task bar, which would be what I consider the equivalent to the 'Tray'.

I know there are many MAC folks who are using PT3 via a linux tweak, or Windows emulation and when I have read the threads there it works pretty good.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The system tray is the area of your task bar to the far right with small icons for a few running programs and your clock etc. If PT is minimized to the tray it leaves more room in the main task bar for tables or other programs. PT2 had the option to minimize to the system tray. PT3 hasn't implemented it as of yet.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it's the 15th, any idea when it'll be released? Later today or will they be late?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well the current beta is set to expire at midnight tonight so they have to get something out the door by then.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Theres a pretty funny thread at PT about todays release. Zillions are expiring as we sit.

3 hours ago Josh said any time now........

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's out.

The new "feature" is called table tracker. It a table selection tool based on your Poker Tracker database, but it's a subscription service.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't even use the Table Selection thing with PokerStars...Woopee..

Yeah, apparently against their ToS. Current pricing is $20/month which seems really high for something FT, Titan, and Bodog players can get for free at tableratings.com. Calling this a feature of PT was a bit misleading since it's an additional fee to use it (after the 1st month).

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Version 3 on release = exactley the same as beta 11, ie: still not working properly :(

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What things are still not working properly? I haven't made the switch yet and am basically curious as to whether or not I should do it now or hold on until they fix whatever it is they have left to fix.

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to install PT3 beta 12 last night and the PostgreSQL install fails. I'm running Vista Ultimate SP1 with full admin rights and UAC disabled, so there shouldn't be a problem. I even tried manually installing the PostgreSQL installer supplied with PT3, and get the same result. It was late and I didn't have time to troubleshoot, I'll probably go to PostgreSQL's site and try a manual download and install.

I'm a bit perturbed that PT3 requires a full installation of a local PostgreSQL server (that gets installed as a Windows service), rather than an embedded DB. As a software developer myself, I consider that a lot to drop on a user's PC for simply tracking poker data -- there are a lot of smaller footprint solutions they could have used.

The next version of PokerEV is supposed to give PT3 a run for its money, with supposedly more features and a HUD, and a bit cheaper too -- PT3 went up to $90, while the new PokerEV is supposed to cost around $55 for one game or $75 for all games, IIRC. It will also import from your Poker Tracker database. I'm going to hold off on buying anything until the new PokerEV is released and I can try it. It was supposed to be released last week but apparently ran into some delays, according to the thread on 2+2 (the PokerEV website has a link to the 2+2 thread describing the new features, with screenshots).

In fact I'm considering jumping into this market myself, perhaps developing and releasing a free open-source version supported by donations. I'd likely develop it in Java so that it could run on Windows, Mac, or *nix with equal ease. I'm not a big fan of .NET myself...

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What things are still not working properly? I haven't made the switch yet and am basically curious as to whether or not I should do it now or hold on until they fix whatever it is they have left to fix.

Most of the problems revolve around the hud when multiple tables are open. Stats disappear, stop updating, or the program crashes. Basically if you multitable, you might want to wait.

I'm only getting this info from the PT3 forum though, so don't take my word for it. Haven't bothered to try it myself yet with multitabling.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Biggest issue is that the HUD is that it's not really stable and crashes from time to time. I've used it when 6 tabling and it's really not suited for that yet

Poker Tracker 4 Review - Poker Tracker Guide