Poker is rigged, why do people still play this game for a living?

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately online poker IS rigged. It is rigged not by the poker room (and anyway happened: UB and others, FTP in a sense, lots of retards rooms).
Online poker is rigged by his own users: see bots, see colluders, see multi-accounter, see ghoster, see softplayers.
Playing for a living is an hard job. It is an hard job itself and it is harder considering all the scams exist online-
Where monies are, scam settle. And this is incontrovertible. Iam afraid to say...

:musicus:
Love it. You speak the truth. There is collusion everywhere, online and live, but also in any business in this world, politics and religeon. Its a fact of life and if you cant deal with it then get out of the game.

I am shocked by how many people do not think online is rigged by the sites anymore, I always hated when people thought so and loved explaining to them why it cant be true, I guess I dont have to do that here.

S

ShoTyme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the poker riggers find me incredibly attractive and want to have my babies. How else could I win money?

gamingtouch

gamingtouch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah! Poker is rigged! I lost money because of how rigged poker is! I'm tired of all this damn poker rigging all over the place!

Actually I don't think poker is rigged in the slightest, I believe poker has variance and swings involved but it isn't rigged.

Right now I'm a losing player but that's why I'm here, to improve my gameplay and fix the leaks I have to become mildly profitable at some point.

If you're losing money playing poker maybe you should try to address the issues with your gameplay before throwing out a blanket statement like "poker is rigged", I assure you some players on here are profitable. Nobody is forcing you to play poker and you can stop at any point if you truly believe it's rigged.

How many of you here who makes consistent profit from it? you aren't going to lose only money, but time. Tell me the reason why we should keep playing poker for living? in the past it's just a gambling game to hang out and having fun, they know even the best player can lose, so they play this game for Fun, until the online poker companies overrate the game by doing massive marketing to attract innocent young players to believe they can make a living from it. Okay, we know some players can make a hell lot of money from it. But what is the proportion compared to the losing players? yet the people so called "winning" players, some of them went broke and going into gambling rehabilitation. the online poker companies sent mislead information such that all players can win. Do we want our younger generation being unproductive, grinding up " dream fortune" in front of their laptop? It is such a shame for online poker ambassador such as Daniel Negreanu to deliver that mislead public message. Remember, online poker companies acts as a "house" at the moment, they offer dream, put the biggest prize of tournament in the first line on the tournament lobby, and hope you keep hoping.

First off, Tilt is the right definition of this thread. Secondly, pokerstars is rigged which I've found out but not giving this secret away to increase my winning odds vs opponents. Rigged game causes losses with a higher percentage of gambling than skills so people get addictive, Ask yourself why people are addicted to slot.

After intense poker play better take time off to clear things out. Come back if your comfortable with playing or leave it instead if cant bare it bredman. A sword has an edge and an blade, measure it. :)

Last edited:
detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First off, Tilt is the right definition of this thread. Secondly, Pokerstars is rigged which I've found out but not giving this secret away to increase my winning odds vs opponents. Rigged game causes losses with a higher percentage of gambling than skills so people get addictive, Ask yourself why people are addicted to slot machines, it starts with a J______.

After intense poker play better take time off to clear things out. Come back if your comfortable with playing or leave it instead if cant bare it bredman. A sword has an edge and an blade, measure it. :)

You mean learn to play better?

This sentence doesnt even make sense to me....does it make sense to you? First off addicts get addicted, doesnt matter to what or why, its called addictive personality. Poker is already gambling, no one can prove differently, it is a skilled gambling however, one where you can increase your advantage through information. And if that many were addicted, where are the USA players? No site has more than a few thousand, when back in heyday there were 100,000's. Did they just become unaddicted when the big 3 left?

Sounds like a ranter who lost too many bad beats.

Rigged sites to make people lose are so close to an impossibility that is it crazy to ever think it is so.

gamingtouch

gamingtouch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean learn to play better?

This sentence doesnt even make sense to me....does it make sense to you? First off addicts get addicted, doesnt matter to what or why, its called addictive personality. Poker is already gambling, no one can prove differently, it is a skilled gambling however, one where you can increase your advantage through information. And if that many were addicted, where are the USA players? No site has more than a few thousand, when back in heyday there were 100,000's. Did they just become unaddicted when the big 3 left?

Sounds like a ranter who lost too many bad beats.

Rigged sites to make people lose are so close to an impossibility that is it crazy to ever think it is so.

It means if you lose you come back. How is that 10 people all in against you after they loss and they always getting a backdoor flush or straight against you when their missing 2 cards to fit them into winning withing 15 hands? If you check out boom player from pokerstars you come to understand. In live poker it doesnt fall into 10/15 backdoor flush/straight. Simple is that If you control the odds then you would use it as tool to make more money so pokerstars is doing that. Proof is all around such as the Marketing strategy. More players means more $$$. Pokerstars definitely want to dominate online poker and any tool or way is considered like any Big Fish Company that conquer and dominate.

About to usa and poker... You might consider reading this to find out why usa banned online poker with cash.
United_States_v._Scheinberg

Don't judge the cover of a book untill you've read it.

detroitjunkie

detroitjunkie

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It means if you lose you come back. How is that 10 people all in against you after they loss and they always getting a backdoor flush or straight against you when their missing 2 cards to fit them into winning withing 15 hands? If you check out boom player from pokerstars you come to understand. In live poker it doesnt fall into 10/15 backdoor flush/straight. Simple is that If you control the odds then you would use it as tool to make more money so pokerstars is doing that. Proof is all around such as the Marketing strategy. More players means more $$$. Pokerstars definitely want to dominate online poker and any tool or way is considered like any Big Fish Company that conquer and dominate.

About to usa and poker... You might consider reading this to find out why usa banned online poker with cash.
United_States_v._Scheinberg

Don't judge the cover of a book untill you've read it.

I still dont understand, I know what you are trying to say, but i see no way in how a site screwing people over makes them more money, which is where the truth lies -Why you? How does it make them more when YOU lose as opposed to someone else? What is so special about you as a player? Whats so special about anyone? Is what you are saying is that those who had bad beats buy back in more than others? None of it makes sense, how does it make the site money by having YOU lose?

Mr Alvim

Mr Alvim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not a game manipulated . Poker is a skill eporte . One practices this sport with the mind and study opponents . Anyone playing poker , but there are few who can actually win the game. To be a winner has to be a loser too, and that's what makes anything handler. People who choose the poker for life is because they are doing well in the game.

T

theevildub

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let me settle this once and for all:

1) Bovada is the only site that is Rigged. (lol - well, maybe not, but probably !!!!)
2) The original poster is a Donk who plays microstakes
3) Poker itself isnt rigged ... its just a BALLBUSTING GAME !!! even if you make all the right decisions, you can still lose. over and over again.

without trying to be mean ... if you cant afford to play the game, you probably shouldnt be playing. Ill make 4000 in one month, and lose 6000 the next month playing exactly the same way. And you know the funny thing ??? I never complain when im ahead. Hope your luck gets better bud.

coolDadJimbo

coolDadJimbo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Caveat Emptor

i've come to the conclusion that ppl who complain about it being rigged are ppl who either had a bad beat, which is part of poker and must be accepted
or
ppl who didn't make the hard fold.... ppl get married to their AA or trips when the board and the betting say flush/straight... it is these hard folds that separate a good player from a bad player...

i've had my suspicions about being rigged, but seeing how often i crack Aces with trips/flush/straight to a player who couldnt fold it makes me wonder.... the thing is, that AA gets beat, what, 20% of the time.... so expect that and accept it...

sure variance will get you now and then, but sometimes it's just bad play/tilt that loses your money... to write off a loss to the excuse of it being "rigged" is to NOT be accountable for your play.... it's like saying "i'm a great player and could be a pro, but everyone is against me" delusional

i think the first step to progressing is to accept the variance and stop this fishy-attitude...

like anything, to be good at something takes a lot of time and some studying... it takes "work." some ppl are just lazy and don't want to do the "work" part...

a poster compared to music; i like this comparison.... you can't go buy a guitar and be hendrix... you need to practice and spend time as a backing guitar player for little richard....

they say to be a professional athlete takes 10,000 hours of practice...

ppl are lazy and don't want to do the "work" required

2cents

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Top 10 Games