xpvictor1

xpvictor1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can't be patient

I have no patience and have never had any. This is what I learned: where patience fails one must embody longsuffering .. learn to accept the pain.

A

axel142

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the Poker world patience and discipline is all, i've lost a lot of money for my anxiety, playing crappy hands for not being patient

D

diegosouza21

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
probable, but some hands tilt a player and there is no recover from that on a tournament

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have really been struggling and wanted to give up. I posted that and it was suggested look up Jonathan little's website. Well I have and found out I was doing everything according to his winning strategy. Since reading I have played in a couple tourneys and received bad beats each time. I guess I am saying a need a boost from my friends here. I must be patient and keep practicing - things wont happen over night even though I want them to. I will see you all at the cardschat tourney on ACR this weekend, since I am off work - SO WATCH OUT LOL!!

Yes, in poker you need a lot of patience especially in tournaments, patience is one fact but you also need to have good gaming skills in order to understand how cleverly to play your cards and look and understand what position you are in and how you will act at the table, I wish Good luck in your future games so that you can do it

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me poker does require patience. And there are days i don't have the patience or not interested in playing poker. i just find some other online game to play. Then after awhile i might be interested in poker if not I just don't worry about it.If I don't have the patience not feeling like to play an online game. i might listen to some music to see if that helps me to to get my mind on poker and be able to think and keep my patience. if that don't help i just say forget about it and come back another day.

subluchuk

subluchuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In General you can say:If you lose your patience,you lose money.One of the biggest faults within that is to get back your losses fastly.Almost never works out.

B

bagoly696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have really been struggling and wanted to give up. I posted that and it was suggested look up Jonathan little's website. Well I have and found out I was doing everything according to his winning strategy. Since reading I have played in a couple tourneys and received bad beats each time. I guess I am saying a need a boost from my friends here. I must be patient and keep practicing - things wont happen over night even though I want them to. I will see you all at the cardschat tourney on ACR this weekend, since I am off work - SO WATCH OUT LOL!!

Motivating the opportunity to win bigger money and I'm persistent and fanatical. But I realized that I could be more successful with more competition. But there are serious opponents and it's hard to play well.

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Requires Patience

I have been playing the Micro Millions freerolls for the past 2 days and for the life of me I am really perplexed as to why I am not getting to the end where I can win a seat into Micro Millions. There have been games where I have not seen a face card.

I am a very patient player and will wait until I get premium pocket cards. I have played these aggressively and passively to see how it works out but 9 times out of 10 a player with a weaker hand wins. This is where the frustration sets in but I refuse to play weaker pocket cards.

I tried bluffing occasionally but they never worked as the players in these freerolls would go all in so I folded. The only time I go all in is when I initiate the all in and not when another player does it.

Anyway I just wanted to vent here and I will continue to play these freerolls..you never really know what can happen..I know patience is the most important rule in this game.

Let me know if any of you have had success in winning one of these Micro Millions freerolls.

Good Luck at the tables!! :mad::confused::cool::):)

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Patience.

When I started playing I did not have the patience, I was learning to control it, and I already craved 2 free rolls, besides patience it takes a little luck too.
Patience is one of the main characteristics that a poker player must have.

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't force things to happen in a poker game so patience and discipline are crucial. Self-management is everything, even for the most talented players.

S

Sick_Wolf11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i win its usually because im patient so work on your patience.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes poker requires a lot of payience and consistency. Every player have from time to time some bad runs..but thats normal.

B

bronson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
patience patience patience… it's so hard to wait for patience

M

Master Bedroom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to remind myself that if i am playing correctly the only way my opponent is going to win is by getting lucky enough to deliver a bad beat.

If I play optimally they will have to get lucky to beat me.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Yes, this is what I still lack: patience and diligence

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it takes a lot of patience to get good results in any area of your life, my friend.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
It sure does, and there's nothing worse than waiting ages for a good hand, and getting shoved out of a tourny with some awful hand against your AA. That's what you get for being tight online. lol sigh.. ;)

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that happen alot, like every 1 in 3 times when the guy holds AA he loses, I like winning with it preflop anything else is just dangerous because you never win anything but small pots anbd always loose big pots!
It sure does, and there's nothing worse than waiting ages for a good hand, and getting shoved out of a tourny with some awful hand against your AA. That's what you get for being tight online. lol sigh.. ;)

TravelerLloyd

TravelerLloyd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't worry I lack patience too, I like to see the flop and then out play my opponent, sometimes they outplay me, but I learn to tell at times when they been pulling my chain, then I yank on theirs back.

I am too old to do anything slow when it comes to poker, fast and furious is my thing!

AXo and KXo and all pairs are in my book then it five gappers or less after that, if the board comes 2s 8s js 9s and a 5c you will be surprised at how many dont think you have the flush or they just dont care and they will have top pair or two pair.
Yes, this is what I still lack: patience and diligence

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Patience Pays.

Its good to be patient in poker as well as in life.

But being patient will sometimes eat you up.

If you sit patiently waiting for premium hands to play and your opponemts are stacking up than when you actually have a AA you will go all in and be called by the high stackers and get busted.

So its not just patience that will help.

Its just one factor of poker playing...

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I see that happen alot, like every 1 in 3 times when the guy holds AA he loses, I like winning with it preflop anything else is just dangerous because you never win anything but small pots anbd always loose big pots!

Some days it seems every big pair gets outdrawn. Runner-runner hell lol They seem to hold up way more often in live play though.. in my experience anyway

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music helps

Maybe if you put a headphone and listen to some music and relaxing making slow breath.
Yes music helps to me too. But just loud enough to hear the conversation at the table if I am playing live

macha2003

macha2003

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed

Hello
Patience Pays.

Its good to be patient in poker as well as in life.

But being patient will sometimes eat you up.

If you sit patiently waiting for premium hands to play and your opponemts are stacking up than when you actually have a AA you will go all in and be called by the high stackers and get busted.

So its not just patience that will help.

Its just one factor of poker playing...

I learned a lot from playing poker to help my daily life and patience is just one of them. But in turbo tourneys it doesn't help at all :)

J

jofieloviedo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything in life requires patience

Don't worry my friend that's normal when we start something new, we don't get the best results just the first time. The best is just to be self confident and be patient, practice and know that you are going to achieve your goals but requires time and as a matter of fact that requires patience so keep practicing, keep improving, be patient and you'll get your goal.