Poker requires patience

JopyJoost

JopyJoost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finally won a $200 Guaranteed MTT on 888 poker site. 1st place paid $36.11. There were approximately 174 players. There was a 130 minute late registration. I made the decision to play tight, passive.
I played pocket pairs & running cards & suited cards, but the
one thing I really concentrated on in this game was to really wait for premium cards which takes a LOT OF PATIENCE. To help ease the boredom playing this type of strategy I listened to some great pure country music on my ipod but I focused on staying with this plan. The other rule I focused on was NOT TO GO ALL IN when another player did. The only time I went all in was when I was "almost" certain I had the winning hand. I evaluated my hand carefully before going all in. You really never know 100 percent but it worked out well for me. I also folded pocket cards with low kickers, including pocket A with low kicker. Low kickers below and including 7. To play this type of game strategy you need
motivation,
perseverance, but most of all patience.

Having said all this you also need the winning cards to come to you!!!!

Good Luck at he tables.

Mr_Hand

Mr_Hand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I finally won a $200 Guaranteed MTT on 888 poker site. 1st place paid $36.11. There were approximately 174 players. There was a 130 minute late registration. I made the decision to play tight, passive.
I played pocket pairs & running cards & suited cards, but the
one thing I really concentrated on in this game was to really wait for premium cards which takes a LOT OF PATIENCE. To help ease the boredom playing this type of strategy I listened to some great pure country music on my ipod but I focused on staying with this plan. The other rule I focused on was NOT TO GO ALL IN when another player did. The only time I went all in was when I was "almost" certain I had the winning hand. I evaluated my hand carefully before going all in. You really never know 100 percent but it worked out well for me. I also folded pocket cards with low kickers, including pocket A with low kicker. Low kickers below and including 7. To play this type of game strategy you need
motivation,
perseverance, but most of all patience.

Having said all this you also need the winning cards to come to you!!!!

Good Luck at he tables.

Nice job! Feels good to ship one doesn’t it!?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience in poker is the key to success!!!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
Patience is a virtue.

Its something that needs to be developed.

Waiting for the right cards is tough business.

I play my poker online during the day (at work).
Its hard to concentrate when you need to deal with people at work.
So I need concentration and patience to play a game of poker.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've learned about the importance of patience when playing this game and it helps me out a lot. Try taking time on every hand to think about your move whether you believe it's a monster hand or a fold hand this will give you the discipline to take your time all the time when you're at the tables.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patients and Patients. Plus Be humble, If you loss or winning, "good game."

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the first year of the game, I only knew the ranking of poker card layouts. I lost some money. I read books, watched training, and now I'm a winning player.

Good luck in the game :)

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With patience, everything is clear. We also have jumps in a good attitude and bad to poker. I do not understand why you leave work.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I think about the importance of Patience...

I Keep Thinking of a Roller Coaster ride queue...

or even Black Friday Queue...

Patience...
Patience...
Patience...
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjeanettehurt%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F11%2FGIBC_Black_Friday_2016_027-1200x526.jpg

Shhhh The Bluffers are really just Queue Jumpers!!!

While You're waiting there for a few Hours maybe all night and day only to have some one jump in front of you on the back of a Bluff its ohhhhhh so Bad lol :captain:

screen-shot-2011-03-21-at-9-53-40-pm.png

Cant wait to get on that ride and get blasted into a white knuckle oblivion...

Dreamworld-Hero_Slider_Desktop_Buzzsaw.ashx

That Just Isn't going to happen if you don't learn to Bluff Your Way out of Patience...

attachment.php

Last edited:
Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is just a game. There are more important things in the world.
Thanks for playing!

Patience always helps, but more important is to know at least some basics of theory.

Last edited by a moderator:
dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most difficult situation to have patience is when you have an agro or Maniac on your table and it does not stop pressing you ... I think having patience under a lot of pressure is the key to reaching a final table .. I think in the bubble that you should have more patience because it is the moment where many lose it ..

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very typical for new players to be very impatient. They tend to think that they need to be in every hand. However, that problem can swing the other way, which is what happened to me. I would find myself being too tight and let my stack dwindle due to the blinds. The best thing to do is to come up with a good starting range of hands and stick to it. Make sure it includes a good mix of premium hands, strong hands and speculative hands. As you play, widen or tighten your range depending on the play. You don't want to be so tight that every time you enter a pot everybody folds.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Patience is a must in a tournament although anyone can have a bad run and you just have to keep going things will improve eventually.:):):)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Patience is a basic weapon in poker, because this game needs time to reach the desired results! It does not matter how many times you will fall, it is important how many times you will re-raise and you will continue!;)

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Patience is the basis for a successful game. Thanks to patience you can accumulate the necessary experience and improve your skills. And just because of your skills and experience you can become a successful player.

C

coolcukes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Patience - Thanks

Everyone had something for me to learn in your posts - thanks. I was glad to see that tight poker when in long late registration is part of the equation - I find myself getting anxious in the later stages wondering how many people are left in the tourney and my play goes down hill. I will go back to my tight play in those cases - thank you. Also the post about theory not be everything - I have been reading, due to other comments made to me and now realize thar. The bottom line I am starting from scratch - reading, applying, and asking questions. thank you all

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I too need to be patient

I am going through the same thing here. I am going to continue and learn as much as I can about the game. I have much to learn and sometimes find it overwhelming. I need to stop myself from just giving up. I need to realize this isn't going to happen overnight. I just need to keep moving on and not let the bad beats get to me. Your not alone in your struggle to get better. There are many of us in the same boat. We just need to keep studying and keep moving on.

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was around my 20 I was playing an indie game which gave me a quote that kind of stuck with me, "patience is a better part of valour." You may want to fight the odds but sometimes the hardest thing to do is to fold;)

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking bad beats and playing good, sound poker and not letting it develop bad habits is the key to moving your game forward. These beats will all come back to you with time.

allinraw

allinraw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually always drink beer when I play cash poker..it keeps me more relaxed with more patience ..

A

AKbadboyAK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have really been struggling and wanted to give up. I posted that and it was suggested look up Jonathan little's website. Well I have and found out I was doing everything according to his winning strategy. Since reading I have played in a couple tourneys and received bad beats each time. I guess I am saying a need a boost from my friends here. I must be patient and keep practicing - things wont happen over night even though I want them to. I will see you all at the cardschat tourney on ACR this weekend, since I am off work - SO WATCH OUT LOL!!

Actually my friend poker have to have a lot of patience equal like chess nothing is easy.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a very difficult game. Even when you do everything right or almost :) - there is no guarantee of success.

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it totally does.. i spent 16 days travelling without playing and i really feel refreshed

L

LuckyGuy1313

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I may change tables or find something else to do that I can act on. (Candy crush distraction initiated.)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I realized recently that patience pokere- it as the brakes of the car, do not stop on time, wait for problems