Is poker just statistical or is it also intuitive?

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Intuition combined with knowledge and experience is wisdom ) And when you are unobtrusively drawn to the promotion from 56 or from J9...... I think it is worth listening to..... )) Personally, I sometimes win with such garbage...))))))

ficticius

ficticius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
He has a lot of intuition when you are being bluffed, that's pure intuition.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to think that poker is more intuitive. Most of the time, my intuition tells me to play some cards that are not so good.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you believe that intuition is part of poker or is it just a game based on statistics?
Intuition is a natural human faculty, so whether you want it or not, it is active during your day. But you must carefully analyze your decisions to minimize long-term luck. If you only use intuition, unless it is an absurdly developed faculty (which does not exist, as we are prone to error even for evolutionary improvement), you will depend on luck, and in the long run, depending on luck will not help you. become profitable.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Of course intuition is part of this game, you have to improve a lot of abilities to be a profitable player.

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that poker will always have its share of luck. The good thing about studying and knowing the probabilities is that it will reduce the variance so that the chances of winning are greater, but like any game, it has its share of chance.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Statistics and probability only.
Intuition doesn't help. It just gets in the way.
When you are post flop, what some call intuition is actually a calculation that the player makes and realizes that he has a high probability of forming a strong hand.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Intuition is a high factor. Unless you are a computer (or at least have a brain like one), you can't fully utilise statistics.
Even then a computer can't know what card is going to come out unless it is cheating. Knowing what cards are in other peoples hands (in play or folded) and not still available from the deck is impossible. That is where your Intuition comes into play. People cant possibly think this is something that can be achieved with skill.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No way. In my opnion Poker is a combination of statistics, luck, study of the game and the entire mental part of each player

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Neither one nor the other. Because the random number generator does not follow the principles of statistics. It's completely random.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Statistic dude, even that feeling can be based on how are your odds over the time

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I think it varies a lot, of course you have to rely on statistics too to have a good game, but intuition often helps.

Rosylly

Rosylly

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Of course it's about intuition and luck too. If it was all about math like chess, there would already be unbeatble BOT that would finish every tournament at the first place. But that's simply not possible, and never will be. NEVER.

Yeah, there are aready bots like with recent ACR scandal, yeah those bots made 10 000 000$ profit, but they had 1.4 million entries. Almost 1,5 millions of tournaments in like a year. Just think about that number. Is that super result in that big number of tournament for a bots in AI era? I don't think so.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
your intuition is based on your experience, but relying only on intuition the result may not be positive for long, but without luck poker would not be the same game