Is poker just statistical or is it also intuitive?

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a people's game that's why we love it. All included.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My personal opinion is that there is nowhere in poker without intuition. Many times, according to statistics, the hand had to be dropped, but an inner voice said that it needed to be played, and this was true. But intuition must be skillfully used, not to follow her lead, but to make informed decisions.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
poker is numbers are math, intuition is certainly needed in poker, but in the long run, poker players win at the expense of math, intuition only helps a little like luck in poker is part of the game that will be present in the game, but the player who is more mathematical to play poker wins

GarotoMaroto

GarotoMaroto

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
intuition is good if you are a lucky person XD
the cience is better
God bless

choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Obviously a combination of both. #keepyourpostsup lmao

Magical

Magical

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
As most of the above, both.
Sure you can be a cash player who plays on intuition but if you don't understand the math or theory, you're often going to be a 'losing-player' as they say

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Knowledge, practice, luck, intuition, etc. if you don't have experience, intuition will fail, even though everyone already has some experience, there is a part of the game connected with luck and intuition.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
online poker is not an easy game, so you can only think about success by studying strategy, tactics, and, of course, statistics on card movements at the poker table.Every move in poker can be made many times more successfully if you know your opponent's next move.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think think it is both with luck also math is a big part but by playing with the same players you can have a gut feeling by they play all the time.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker is a mind game u have to do both ir order to win

J

jotis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
statistics are of course extremely important but how could you play without using your intuition

ShaDoWGuarD

ShaDoWGuarD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is considered more of a statistical game than an intuitive one. But you also need to use your intuition in poker and develop it from my experience. I can say that it helps a lot in decisive moments (hands) in the game.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Intuition or Statistics: In poker nothing is guaranteed, or very little guaranteed - if you have a Four of a Kind, Royal Flush, then there is a guarantee - this is purely statistics, little guaranteed.
When you bluff, or when you go all in with high pairs, or big connectors, you are faced with intuition, as there is no guarantee whether you will win or lose everything.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that professionals have a lot of both. I don't think it's based on one option or the other.
Somewhere I read an interview with one of the professionals who identified a network of bots, flagged these accounts, and began to beat them using non-standard lines precisely thanks to intuition.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Poker involves a blend of statistics and intuition. Understanding probabilities can inform your decisions, but reading opponents and making strategic, intuitive choices is crucial for success.

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The more you play, the more experience you gain. Your decisions are based on this experience. Some people call it intuition.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I would like to say that everything is statistics in poker because it is truly the most important factor when playing certain hands. However, when it comes to other players, you can only really intuit or suspect what they have. There are concepts that help you determine a range, but it's not always precise.
What I mean is that, when it comes to other players, intuition plays an important role. Although I'm not sure if it would be exactly intuition, perhaps it leans more towards perceptiveness.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you believe that intuition is part of poker or is it just a game based on statistics?
Intuition is of course a very important part of our perception of the game, but intuition must have a fundamental basis. For me, first of all, the fundamental basis is my knowledge and experience, and only in this combination can I use my intuition.

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Do you believe that intuition is part of poker or is it just a game based on statistics?
Yes, I think it is an important part of the game when you have to guess the hand, or the opponent's game. On the other hand when you have the best possible combination the intuition would be How much the opponent would be willing to pay.

Bummy

Bummy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
I would say both at the same time, because even in pro players there are cases when they discard very good cards and at the same time keep a lot of chips.

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, of course, intuition plays a role, but rather not intuition, but psychology, when you can read the emotions of other inexperienced players