Poker insults, you're a donk, bad, you're a fish.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And why bother to insult someone anywhere? You don't approach a stranger on the street and insult them, do you? So at the table. You don't know these people. Why insult them? Just take advantage of their mistakes. )))

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.I think these words are necessary.they help to get some of the competitors out of themselves.words are censored, which means they can't be offensive.so I would expand the list of such words even more.))

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's also funny when losers insult you. Someone, due to his excessive self-confidence, lost all the chips, but he is not "dumb". Stupidly insulted the one who won. Have you met such people in the game?

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play along with the insults that come to me. These players are just trying to make me feel small. At times I ignore them.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some of these replies are really interesting. Everyone can go fishing once in a while, make a bad call based on some other information than just the odds etc, then get lucky and KO someone else. Its just poker. Like a lot of people say its just venting.

However it def can be used as a tactic to put others off their game. The trick is to just ignore it or even better if they are still in the tourney, capitalise on it, make them more frustrated and then hopefully they lose the rest of their money to you.

Personally I don't try and put people off, unless they start with the chat, then its fair game in my opinion. Winding these people up is easy!

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can always find words for another person without insults, no one is pleased to hear insults.:(

throughstruggle

throughstruggle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure anyone that has played any poker has had these words thrown at them. But why is that even consider an insult? It is like telling someone your are bad at cycling, or fishing. Yes, we all been there, we are learning. The pros were bad at one point or another.

But why is it on a poker table being "bad", is seen as a negative thing. I usually reply, "yes I am, I am trying to be better." If I bother to reply.
I never write anything at the table at all. Especially insulting players who play disgusting. I do not see the point in this. If you see a fish at the table, you don’t need to say that he is a fish and insult him, but just use it to your advantage. If a player plays poorly, then take away all his chips.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure anyone that has played any poker has had these words thrown at them. But why is that even consider an insult? It is like telling someone your are bad at cycling, or fishing. Yes, we all been there, we are learning. The pros were bad at one point or another.

But why is it on a poker table being "bad", is seen as a negative thing. I usually reply, "yes I am, I am trying to be better." If I bother to reply.

its never really our business to think bad of what people think. most is use it to learn. Maybe they are trying to tell you something online. Maybe they dont get your playstyle and is quick to judge. Maybe they are not your level even yet and think you are stupid. maybe they are even just faking their insult to distract you. unless u can tell 100% what is going on the other end who cares right?

Martin Carreira

Martin Carreira

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It is a way of discharging that the players use before a hand that they thought they had won, but they ended up losing even though their rival played incorrectly. Many players do not tolerate this, and are discharged with insults. The truth is that poker is a game where luck influences a lot, these types of hands tend to happen repeatedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally I find the players making those comments are not much better than the ones they are insulting.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think that insulting someone in the chat is really cowardly....they think they can say just what they like.....you can't see them or even know who they are. They would not have the guts to say such things to your face !! But I love it when they insult me....usually it is because I just took a big buch of their chips lol

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is sometimes funny if you think about it. You have full grown men acting like 9 year olds YOU NOOB! GET WRECK NOOOOBBBB!!!!

Throw back to 2012 League of Legend.

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just had a situation where someone insulted me. He insulted me with more than "you're a fish,donk...'.I understand that it only speaks about those people, but it is not pleasant. I never comment on such insults, but I think they should be punished.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the guy is saying this kind of thing, he is probably tilting a little. Or just want to make you tilt. My advice is use it against your opponent.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I do not care at all, many times they have said things like that in chat, but it does not affect me at all, it makes me laugh, because they are usually players who do not know how to play.
But if someone is affected by those things, they should block the chat, it seems silly to continue reading that, if it affects you in your game.

I also don't like taking catch to report, I'm not going to waste my time with such a person / player.

What does bother me is the racist insults, I have been told, monkey, or indio, I have even seen a player, make such insults to players from Peru, Bolivia, and mexico, For that reason, I no longer speak to that person, because it is not to my liking.
Once they also told me that I am from a poor country, from a third world country, and well, I don't know what these insults have to do with poker, but well, each one, with their education and culture.

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Dont mind on that. This player is probably in tilt. Be foccused and try to get his stack.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the most funny thing is people that insult used to play worse than those "donks", "fishes".

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore that stuff in chat. It's just not smart to tell a bad player they are making a mistake. You are obviously not insulting them to be helpful. Why alert them to play differently?

But if I do somethings stupid, by all means, please call me a donk so I know better.

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore that stuff in chat. It's just not smart to tell a bad player they are making a mistake. You are obviously not insulting them to be helpful. Why alert them to play differently?

But if I do somethings stupid, by all means, please call me a donk so I know better.

They can call me whatever they like while I count the chips I just took from them

roystone

roystone

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love bad players, they're usually the only chance i have of making some cash.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There and back again

Hello cardschat colleagues,

I'm back. I spent a lot of time away from the poker tables building a mindset to get back better. In this bias, the best path to take is not to let insults affect you, as this can compromise your strategy.

Sincerely: LTech is back

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Chatting online poker rooms can be helpful, especially in identifying players who are angry because of their bad luck. Many players cannot hide their frustration and vent on chat. By observing the game and the dialogues that take place in it, you can obtain important and valuable information for the future of your game. Players who often complain about bad luck may be easier to fool with a bluff, as they may subsequently be afraid of losing again. This is also a weapon that you can use to your advantage to take advantage. You can create a weak image and make the other players move against you and see all your bets or raise them, something that will put them at risk.

My recommendation, take advantage of the frustration of other players by insulting you, that only shows their despair and more than responding to their insults, try to laugh at them, that will increase the despair of winning and the advantage of destroying them with a good hand

M

Mauriliro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesnt matter what people are saying in the chat ...in the other Hand its very helpfull take advantage on the oponent.

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism

It doesnt matter what people are saying in the chat ...in the other Hand its very helpfull take advantage on the oponent.

Hi friend Mauriliro,

Just at the registration level, as we are Brazilians you should know that the other day a guy (record this nickname: "aA153670") but don't fight back at the same level, cursed me for "makakos" I sent the print and complained at pokerstars, I didn't get any return, ignored. That is, many including Pokerstars block bad words but don't care about racism against Brazilians.

Good luck!

Attachments

• Racism.JPG
    Racism.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 5
rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The urge to throw out these insults strikes us on the heels of a bad beat. I usually keep my cool and resist the temptation. The players who demean and belittle others constantly without having taken a bad beat are in a different category and rub me the wrong way.