Poker insults, you're a donk, bad, you're a fish.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore them all myself. I was called a donkey ina play money tempest game..

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently, I always try to play with Chat blocked. It is simply not worth wasting time with these players.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very bad as it puts off the normal players who bring the easy cash on the tables. Even if somebody is playing really bad you should not behave bad with him. I usually do not look at the chat at all and ever if i do i never reply to insults. If somebody is too aggressive you can always block him. Being anonymous allow certain players to tell things that they will never tell if they were sitting on live table with other players.

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure anyone that has played any poker has had these words thrown at them. But why is that even consider an insult? It is like telling someone your are bad at cycling, or fishing. Yes, we all been there, we are learning. The pros were bad at one point or another.

But why is it on a poker table being "bad", is seen as a negative thing. I usually reply, "yes I am, I am trying to be better." If I bother to reply.

I like your attitude. I think if i'm really frustrated with someone i'll fly off the handle... but its never targeted at anyone.
I had 3B on the button today with 99, big blind defended and there was 3 to the flop of
2 4 5 rainbow. I bet , fold and re raised all in for a top 10 stack going into reg closing.

He showed 6 8 off , 7 turn river 9.

I think I said " That is crazy " . I was upset with his spaz on the flop but I never insulted him.

The thing I never realized is when someone is making a bad play... i'm here to win. Maybe theyre learning or they just make bad decisions.... but for me its profitable to be playing against those people.

So why do people berate each other? Who knows! Keep up the positive vibes :)

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every good player used to be a bad player. We all start somewhere.

I think it's foolish to insult bad players because bad players are what makes poker profitable for the good players in the long run.

I get called a donk sometimes but I just hide my chat 99% of the time.

Before I read your post, I had replied and wrote virtually the same thing :)

I think when playing live it can get really uncomfortable when people start throwing insults around.

I once saw a drunk guy stand up on the table and throw the patty from his burger at the dealer.... it was INSANE to witness haha. People are wild!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not like the players who insult other players in chat during the game. Although I usually try to focus entirely on making the right decisions, and I do not pay attention to the conversations of my opponents.

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sure anyone that has played any poker has had these words thrown at them. But why is that even consider an insult? It is like telling someone your are bad at cycling, or fishing. Yes, we all been there, we are learning. The pros were bad at one point or another.

But why is it on a poker table being "bad", is seen as a negative thing. I usually reply, "yes I am, I am trying to be better." If I bother to reply.

don't listen to them.. they are pokjerks players

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I got called a bot a few weeks ago.

Is that the new bad, or was he actually complimenting my play, or did he actually think I made a bot that would play in my place.

I don't really know, he wasn't happy that I took his chips, that I do know :D

B

billy_k

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't it because the poorer the poker player is, the more beginners have the experience of eating bad beats without getting the effect even if they do a standard bluff?
Basically, it's a really good poker player who can adjust to the players facing each other, and I don't think such people should be foolish with fish.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a form of intimidation, used to upset you and through you off your game. Sometimes it is only a choke no big deal. I never respond, because I do not care. I do like the new rocket and others to toss at people, again just for fun.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Before I read your post, I had replied and wrote virtually the same thing :)

I think when playing live it can get really uncomfortable when people start throwing insults around.

I once saw a drunk guy stand up on the table and throw the patty from his burger at the dealer.... it was INSANE to witness haha. People are wild!

I would of laughed my head off if I witnessed that, I probably would have been kicked out.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont reply and I dont pay attention to this kind of chating

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always felt if someone sits down,buys chips or puts up entry for tournament they may
play their stack anyways they wish. We may disagree with their play but I need this player too. He feeds my stack when he or she doesn't draw out. We all have our playing style that suits us.:)

We have an expression in the old days . We all need the action player they come into the pot and we all want to play with them.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people don't realize that a lot of times those insults are just a strategy to throw you off your game. I've been in games with guys who ridicule everyone else's play. But when you payed attention, you would see this guy was playing weaker hands than the ones he was criticizing everyone else for playing. But it caused people to become self conscious about how they were playing. Meanwhile this guy is playing loose/aggressive and running the whole table over.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
They cannot control their emotions and to get rid of them they throw them at others.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have always felt if someone sits down,buys chips or puts up entry for tournament they may
play their stack anyways they wish. We may disagree with their play but I need this player too. He feeds my stack when he or she doesn't draw out. We all have our playing style that suits us.:)

We have an expression in the old days . We all need the action player they come into the pot and we all want to play with them.
Although most players don't have a style because they don't have any idea of what they are doing. We can consider it that a style if you want.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Although I play poker for fun, I believe that any insults are unacceptable. If a player respects himself, he will respect his opponents.
Good luck.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
In my opinion, people who call others donks, or who hurl insults at strangers, are upset that you beat them in a hand. OK, so you played Q, 3 offsuit, out of position and beat their pocket KK. Maybe it was a donk move. Maybe your opponent figured only a fish would make that play. Maybe they were right. Maybe you did play that hand like a donkey. What's wrong with a donk move now and again, to throw off your opponents? I play with a regular group of guys. They know my style. When I mix it up, it throws them off and I get called a lot worse than 'donk'. But, it is all in fun, because we are friends and enjoy poking fun at each other. Online, where they are all strangers, I have no idea if the opponent is serious, ticked off, or just poking fun at me. AND I DON'T CARE! Neither should you.

Last edited:
Y

yanslad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy.. it's not real you know.. those players who feel like insulting you or others, are in reality just trying to make you lose your mind, and trying to stop making you thinking straight... That's all!! Best thing to do is to keep playing your game.. no matter what

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am totally against any lack of respect between people, but more with poker players around a table, I don't, but sometimes it's so fun to see two people argue over a poker hand to see who played right or wrong hand :D

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Respect should be in Poker as it should be in Life but it's not always the case in either. Keep working on your game and try not to let others effect you or your game in a negative way.

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The boils usually come from fish who are looking for a tragedy but it is very funny to hear or read them online when you take the fish out

M

mrpig

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you're a donk, you're a fish
[FONT=NotoSans, Lato, arial, sans-serif]
Usually such words sound from the person who loses. The more you hear them towards yourself the more you win
[/FONT]

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is wrong to insult people, in addition those people who insult you do it from very low levels NL2 NL5, that is to say they are also beginners, simply with most social networks they hide behind a keyboard to offend

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The insults at the poker table do not affect or matter to me, my goal is to win and not other players tell me, I have been playing poker for so many years that what they say about me at the table does not matter to me ... I have crocodile skin :lollypop: