Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
There are age restrictions. 18+. I think that is correct.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If memory and general health allow you to play poker, then why not? If an adult, please play.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that, no. Poker is better to come early. That is, it will be better if you come to Poker smart. Already developed.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is still not a physical game, so I think it is comfortable to play at any age...

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree with all who disagree with some in this thread,,,,, maybe,,,, :)

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the many things I love about poker is that I hope (and I study to make this happen) to continually become better and better!

I’m guessing that, many years from now, I probably won’t naturally have the stamina for extremely long sessions or mass multitabling, but I will have gained skills in other ways such that I’m overall a better player! [emoji4]

One way in which I’ve noticed my friends evolve in the roughly ten years I’ve been a pro is an improvement in mental game. I won’t name names lol, but I’ve noticed in some of my friends that as their egos mellowed they chose to play in more profitable games. Losing the “something to prove” mentality many had in their early twenties has, years later, radically benefitted their ROI.

Okay, now I understand why you're not playing the CC freerolls, you've mellowed down...:)

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there are no age restrictions in poker at all..Poker is good ,as you said,for memory and also for concentration.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
You can play poker at any later age, but your stamina goes down. And in turn that does at a point effect your performance.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes, the game helps to develop mathematical thinking, logic and memory.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it does. you remember a lot,

How a player plays, his weak points, his tells,
Pot odds, hand rankings, and so on i think learning the hand rankings (no pair 1 pair 2 pair etc) is the easy part the rest is next, also BRM helps with your brain aswell i believe, cause you study games.. and your play

Idk how others feel about this

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think can poker help with brain training, but I think there are many more effective games for developing the brain.I don't know how it can help improve memory. I've been playing poker for a long time, and I haven't experienced any improvement in my memory:eek: In my experience, Hearthstone helped me a lot in developing logical thinking!

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think age in poker doesn't matter. But with age, fatigue increases, it all depends on the person.

D

Dingospo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it is a brain training. You need to focus on your cards, to try to guess the other players cards. It is fun for me :)

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi! naturally, the most harmless pastime is to play in the evenings with friends just for the soul.But how do you imagine a player of advanced age playing serious tournaments that last 5-8 hours??0-80 years old?

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hello
According to me poker is not for the weak at heart but age has nothing to do with that.

I play with elders 65+ in tournaments live and they play as good as a 30-40+ age group.

Poker not being physical is more a mental game.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
if I think that if, certainly think that if we have to analyze a lot of factors so used to train the mind.

Erik moraes

Erik moraes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you take a lot of bad beats it is easier poker knots your brain!:(

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are no age restrictions obviously. learning an new thing is always a good thing. You giving your brain a little kickstart to not just adapt to easy lifestyle. Go, play and evolve!

A

AndreasM

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
when playing poker, memory is enhanced and logical thinking is developed.But at the same time, the game is tiring.Are there age restrictions?Your opinion.

Any form of intense calculation imposed on the brain is a training tool in itself and the enormity of the calculation the better the training so in a nutshell yes it is tiring but how tired do you push yourself when training your body in the gym do you target equalling tour norm or do you have targets? Same for the brain as to your question of age restrictions they become obvious as the older you get the less you frequent the gym for normal human physical restrictions and I can speak for the more senior players being retired :). I can also tell you that at my age I push my brain further than I used to push my body when I was young.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so, because you need to think about every move, make decisions, calculate probalidades, etc, all this keeps your mind in training.

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing poker, memory is enhanced and logical thinking is developed.But at the same time, the game is tiring.Are there age restrictions?Your opinion.
if you can improve because it is what is most used at the time of a game and the age restrictions if they exist and it's okay nobody would like to see minors playing

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The more we play educational games the more our brain strengthens. This removes the stroke in the brain. In your life you need puzzles and crosswords.

L

lybushka

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No age restrictions! Poker can keep your brain fit, but only if you dont give up the effort to became better and better.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The poker develops an intuition. And breaks sleep,regime and spoils the nervous system.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, alfiyka! I think any mental work with the time tiring, also as any physical work...
Therefore, need to try by possibility to alternate the different kinds of activity:
I think, this is a most best method, that to be in a good form in the any age! And here
at the first place coming out inside discipline every human, and as he able to manage
own inside I! Who a more able to find a "Golden Middle" in the different kinds of your
activity, that, I think, a more successful in them!..:cool::):D