Can poker help with brain training?

alfiyka

alfiyka

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing poker, memory is enhanced and logical thinking is developed.But at the same time, the game is tiring.Are there age restrictions?Your opinion.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see no reason for the game to be age restricted, except for talking about money ...
Everything you said is good for any age.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion not. There are all kind of reasons why you don't play good poker, tiredness, tilt, playing without concentration etc. But age has nothing to do with it.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe that there are practically no age restrictions. The main thing is to be healthy and psychologically stable, as well as logically understand and be aware of your actions. If this is your favorite pastime, then there’s time for the game and you don’t pay attention to fatigue.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Age is not a hindrance. Moreover, the older a person is, the more reserved he is. As a consequence, be patient. And it's worth a lot.

S

shurik8888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Poker is no soccer, not even chess..

Z

zuk22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no age restriction, everyone can win and lose

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if you are at an age where you are no longer breathing. time to toss in all your chips. At any age if you are unable to focus on the game then please leave the table. I have a group I play with just for fun and because of all the talking we are lucky to get 10 hands in a night. Very frustrating.

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Age doesn't matter that much unless you are in you 80s and above. Health and Sleep is very important though.
Eat healthily and good sleep will better your performance.
I was in the military when i learnt the Uberman schedule, that is to nap 20 mins in every 4 hours.
If you play online, try using this method, it will really enhance your alertness and performance.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I disagree with every member here who suggests 'age does not matter'.

'It depends'.... The mind is not quite as sharp as you get older. This shouldn't restrict you in micro/low level buyin stuff... or low buyin Live games either, but as you move up & begin battling vs. good players I believe it can make a substantial difference.
There aren't many older players these days on the tops of leaderboards or crushing the Hi-Rollers.. Live or online. One of the oldest I've seen with good results online is 'raidalot' (Talal Shakerchi). Talal would be considered 'old' compared to most, at the not very old age of '55'.
Also, prior to his SCOOP $10k MainEvent win (~$1.5 million), online he was actually a losing player, with an ROI of ~ -20 to -30% for a net of approx. -$400,000.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the end its just a card game. If someone of any age is interested in learning the game then I see no problem with that. Its when gambling gets involved we have to consider the age of the participants.

Vlad Tapu

Vlad Tapu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No age restriction.. Isn t like you play some random shooter game.. Where you need reflexes. In many ways, you are old and you had already gain some wisdom. I'm playin better now then 5 years ago.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like anything else, it is more difficult to learn and become expert when starting at an older age, but no reason for your skills to really deteriorate as you age.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe that any age restrictions are superfluous. On the contrary, I am convinced that playing poker is good for health and for the brain. Poker is a great exercise for developing logical and strategic thinking.
Good luck.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when playing poker, memory is enhanced and logical thinking is developed.But at the same time, the game is tiring.Are there age restrictions?Your opinion.

I wouldn't recommend it to children under 2 years of age, they already have peek a boo, patty-cake and the like :)

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think age can certainly have an impact if you play live mtt's. those can last almost all the day for one week and when you are old you are getting tired more quick. but for sure there are exceptions.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
everything you say is true but in my opinion there is no age to play poker, only the permanence in the game changes since an older person plays less and more for recreation as being short tournaments to not demand his body and brain

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think if a poker game will have a positive impact on the human body, what can be an age limit.

A

ats272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are no age restrictions.There are intellectual limitations.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your opinion

One of the many things I love about poker is that I hope (and I study to make this happen) to continually become better and better!

I’m guessing that, many years from now, I probably won’t naturally have the stamina for extremely long sessions or mass multitabling, but I will have gained skills in other ways such that I’m overall a better player! [emoji4]

One way in which I’ve noticed my friends evolve in the roughly ten years I’ve been a pro is an improvement in mental game. I won’t name names lol, but I’ve noticed in some of my friends that as their egos mellowed they chose to play in more profitable games. Losing the “something to prove” mentality many had in their early twenties has, years later, radically benefitted their ROI.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most age people do not want to change anything. This applies not only to poker, but also to any other areas of activity. Many age players do not want to follow the new poker trends and rebuild the game because of this, they simply do not want to. It all depends on individuality.

D

Dougwant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Age Matters

As long as they are legal age it's fine. Play till 100 it's all good

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this is an individual question. But given that poker is a gamble, players must be at least 16 years old.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be at least 18 or 21 to play legally, depending on where you are. But playing with your friends for a couple of bucks or for fun, you can play poker at any age.

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Age is not an obstacle.!! The whole world is an act to learn , all the while they are interested to learn.!!1