Poker and drugs.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is true, I cannot play without Adderall now. It's not that I am addicted I can stop at anytime. It just doesn't seem as interesting and I cannot play for long periods of time without breaking concentration, I may as well move to chess for a week or so to let my mind restore its ability to play without drugs. LOL

M

minty6777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tx cardschat i now know i need drugs

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Am not sure deleting threads is a better or worse idea than drugs during play..

Used to happily get drunk and/or high whilst playing under the impression that it didn't harm my game and might've even helped.. It seemed when I was drunk I'd really annoy other players & getting under their skin would detrimentally effect their play... This might be true but not the class of player or type of victory I'm aiming for..

Like some others above, in the past I've had problems with drugs & addiction. Things like speed, coke or ice might seem like they'd be good for playing poker as they make you feel alert, confident, sharp and awake but it's all unreliable & temporary. Yes, it might help in short bursts but it will do quite the opposite long term.

What do you do when you need to dose up, sit out and go to the toilet and therefore missing hands until you're at the right level again?

You then have to either travel with drugs or score in unfamiliar places when playing live, neither are wise.

The drugs mentioned in OP are prescription, so less side effects perhaps and not illegal if you have all the required paperwork but you are then dependant on an external factor for your A-game.

Having cleaned up & feeling better and sharper for it everyday, it seems unreal to me now that I used to think I was more effective whilst wasted...

All that being said, I'm fond of a couple of joints before any activity, including poker. [emoji1]

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use drugs when I am going to play poker in tournaments at night. I just drink coffee or energy drinks and play!

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shaking my head that this thread was allowed to live..LOL
Sober 2 years. haha I gotta final table the old fashoined way.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drugs in any form are drugs !!! So it will not lead to anything good. In any case, drugs are bad for health.

F

fastjob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is unfortunate that people use these features, it is disloyal to use any drug to get better results.:cool:

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cocaine ruined Stu. This thread is intresting I might try to play 3-4 MTTs with the drugs listed above see how it works out. If they help concentration all be it.
Have you tried this out yet?

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one day u understand that health cant be buying by money

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will say simply, for me it is unacceptable and incompatible...

J

Joshua3223

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahahaha adderall + redbull there's nothing like it lol those were the days! I don't take it anymore but those that still do definitely gives you a huge advantage over those that don't.

A

amine duc

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no anymore:icon_prof:icon_prof:icon_prof

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I do not use any medications to improve the game. In my opinion, this is stupidity. Perhaps you should seek help from a psychologist. Personally, I prefer apples.
Good luck.

progshim

progshim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Who's holding?

Tell you this: I know a ****-ton more about drugs than I do about poker, and Adderall isn't the demon people seem to think it is. It's a clean gentle stimulant that will let you get to bed after 8 hours or so. There's a sharp increase in cognition and focus, as well as an increase in energy and stamina. It'll even keep you from having to pee so often. And if you do go to bed when it wears off, (like a rational person would, not like an addict, snort 3 or 4 more addys and man some blow sounds great doesn't it?) you'll wake up in the morning and probably not feel much different than any other day. I don't see why a
non-addict couldn't employ addy as a useful tool.

tw082

tw082

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i only read thread title but yes please!:canabis:

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t take drugs at all. And I don’t understand why to use them, especially when I play poker. I think this is not related things.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, tmedicine! I think, the own Health is most important, than the short-term results in the Poker now, because can win in the Poker and without the Drugs, but another Health You don't buy, since the any Drugs these are Evil, and influence at your Health, if not now,
but in the future, anyway! Therefore, better save Your Health for the future play in the Poker, and main, for the Your own Life!
But this is only my opinion, You decide! Good Luck!:cool:

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like drugs, I do not usually drink energy, at most a very strong coffee in order to stay awake. I think people should try to do what they feel good, since they don't invade other people's space, I have nothing against it.

M

MaZeee323

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Except coffee and nicotine there are no drugs for my poker game :D I think if someone does coke e.g. for pokering he is loosing lot of money just becuse of purchasing for it. And if someone is addicted maybe he can't play without anymore because he always plays with it or only thinking about to take drugs.

Maybe valerian can reduce aggressions or something similar like that, or just another good sorts of tea. :icon_flow

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
The truth is that I cannot confirm your statement since I have not used drugs to improve my game but what I can say is that in the middle of time it will only be harmful to you since you enter the need to take a drug to play better than false because you will only lower the game level or that is my opinion

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to stay concentrated for a long time its best to do a lot of sport, eat healthy and sleep well. Building up an addiction to improve your game will not help you in the long run.

wolfik1950

wolfik1950

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hehe ... this is my comment, and it's because I am not sure if it accidentally also reflects in this forum my district