Poker and drugs.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone get a performance boost when taking Adderall (dextroamphetamine) or Ritalin (methylphenidate)? Personally I can play non stop and perfect poker. Final table 4 tables in one night easily on ACR.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never realized you could create an egde using drugs.
Hope pro's like Phil Ivy are reading this thread, to make up for the scams that failed.

S

saulgood4me

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you create a dependency on the drugs to reach a desired mindset or physical response from yourself, then realize that it could be a permanent thing. I am trying to develop a long-lasting even-keeled approach that is replicable to an extent when effective without drugs. I was once addicted to drugs, and had to take a long break from poker after choosing to stop using them.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never realized you could create an egde using drugs.
Hope pro's like Phil Ivy are reading this thread, to make up for the scams that failed.

Yes, you can create a spectacular edge in poker with the right drugs only. I am pretty sure cocaine is one that stu ungar used to gain an edge in poker.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mind you I also had 48 hour sessions of online poker with the use of Adderall. :p I also use it a lot and I am pretty used to the lift it gives me, I just zone right into the game without a break of concentration for extremely long periods of time and without fatigue, way longer than I can do playing without the use of Adderall. Adderall also helps me with patience because making the money can take a long time sometimes it may seem, but with the buzz of Adderall going it seems like no time at all. :p

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone get a performance boost when taking Adderall (dextroamphetamine) or Ritalin (methylphenidate)? Personally I can play non stop and perfect poker. Final table 4 tables in one night easily on ACR.
I'm not telling you what to say or do but I would suggest to you that perhaps you might want to delete this thread? While you're not intentionally promoting drug use or illegal activity. It could be taken that way? I bring this to your attention because I recently was served a infraction in a similar situation. Just a friendly heads up!

dcproster

dcproster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you your advices.I will follow them.

T

tmedicine

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you your advices.I will follow them.

Also I can not do what I do with this game without a HUD which i use in my game which helps tons as well. I have it customized so that it shows tons of stats right away. love my HUD.

A

aj1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems to be a precarious path, for the reasons noted above by several folks. I guess maybe it will work for you...until it doesn't.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
This can have bad consequences for your health.
Alcohol and drugs are your addiction. A successful player can not be addicted to alcohol and drugs. Good luck.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will tell you that it is possible to achieve high performance if using a totally natural routine with well-balanced exercises and feeding it is possible to reach 4 more final tables quietly as well and without ruining your body

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cocaine ruined Stu. This thread is intresting I might try to play 3-4 MTTs with the drugs listed above see how it works out. If they help concentration all be it.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now and then coffee. Besides that, nothing in the drug related category. Pretty vanilla for these times.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, you can create a spectacular edge in poker with the right drugs only. I am pretty sure cocaine is one that stu ungar used to gain an edge in poker.

Yeah, you are correct about Stu. The side effect was death at early age and was broke most of the time. Small price to pay?

A

Alexsey Vaganov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you create a dependency on the drugs to reach a desired mindset or physical response from yourself, then realize that it could be a permanent thing. I am trying to develop a long-lasting even-keeled approach that is replicable to an extent when effective without drugs. I was once addicted to drugs, and had to take a long break from poker after choosing to stop using them.

A

Alexsey Vaganov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not telling you what to say or do but I would suggest to you that perhaps you might want to delete this thread? While you're not intentionally promoting drug use or illegal activity. It could be taken that way? I bring this to your attention because I recently was served a infraction in a similar situation. Just a friendly heads up!

demibar

demibar

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Drugs are addiction and hard to quit you dont play better you get high ,people addicted use an excuse to use their drugs happiness ,sadness or whatever .It's a way with no good ending I am not here to tell you what to do but it's not the solution its the problem :(

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

From what i am reading using drugs during poker is good for you.....:/ ....I DISAGREE !

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be interesting to do scientifically approved tests about these drugs in poker, but it can be something of a double edge because the problem would come when you start to win and then your success depends on that drug, then you can not win or play at a high level in a clean way. .. you lose security in your decisions or in your game, that's what I think.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, the use of drugs is unjustifiable in any occasion

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never did , and I will never mix drugs and poker , I had an addiction to recreational drugs years ago this days even the word drugs scare the crap out of me , I honestly
say to all avoid drugs when playing or not playing poker they ruin lives.

G

gerrrr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmmm, I think that the concentration in poker is a clear is an excuse for what is a serious drug addiction, hahaha

R

Rolco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking those substances is not good for your health, long-term.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i smoke pot everyday as medicine and recreationally, but really don't consider that a drug like adderall.