Poker and alcohol

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to play poker sober, but sometimes you can still drink a little beer, just a little bit.😁

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Who does alcohol affect when playing poker? Who drinks what kind of alcohol? Strong or medium, or maybe light?
Sometimes I drink beer. I don't drink anything stronger during the game, because I have already lost quite a lot of money playing drunk several times before :) ...... fortunately I learn from my mistakes, I paid for them for a reason :)

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I don't drink because it can hinder my reflexes and I end up losing more than I should.

M

me_035

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Poker and alcohol is the worst combo ever. Alcohol usually makes a person over confident in most of the scenarios which can do some serious damage towards your play style. I would't recommend mixing these two. I would rather smoke weed than drink alcohol while playing Poker. (LOL personal exprience)

chicbulls2

chicbulls2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Couple of beers never hurt anynody during a game

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Alcohol in small doses is harmless in any quantity. A person who is stressed / tilted and at the same time uses alcohol to relieve worries - he remains so throughout life. To change this, you need to look at such life situations from a different angle, and most importantly, you need to stop extinguishing one stress with another. It’s better to start working on getting less stressed.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I only drink when I'm playing with friends

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A light tipple is ok I think to take the edge off. Don’t drink until tired.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i usually have a couple while playing just to relax

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Alcohol and poker
???? Are you guys serious? No and no again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As a matter of fact, I am getting ready to play a CC $250 MTT and I'm going to have a few beers while I play. Cheers!

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think alcohol has a bad effect on poker, just like any other activity or sport.

broncho

broncho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
EC
Chips
Alcohol can affect different individuals in various ways when playing poker, and its impact is influenced by factors such as tolerance, personal habits, and the specific dynamics of the poker game. Here are some general observations regarding the influence of alcohol on poker players and their drinking preferences:

1. Effect on Decision-Making:
    • Negative Impact: Consuming alcohol, especially in excess, can impair cognitive functions, including decision-making and judgment. This can be detrimental in poker, where strategic thinking and analysis are crucial.
    • Positive Social Impact: In a more casual setting, moderate alcohol consumption might help players relax and contribute to a convivial atmosphere. Social interactions can enhance the overall experience, but moderation is key to avoiding negative effects on gameplay.
  2. Drinking Preferences:
    • Type of Alcohol: Preferences for the type of alcohol can vary widely among poker players. Some may opt for stronger spirits, such as whiskey or vodka, while others may choose lighter options like beer or wine.
    • Moderation vs. Intensity: Some players may prefer light or moderate alcoholic beverages to maintain focus and clarity. Others might lean towards stronger drinks, potentially risking a more significant impact on their cognitive abilities.
  3. Tolerance and Experience:
    • Experienced Players: Seasoned poker players may have a better understanding of their alcohol tolerance and its effects on their game. They may be more adept at finding a balance that allows for social enjoyment without compromising their skills.
    • Novice Players: Inexperienced players might be more susceptible to the negative effects of alcohol, as they may not yet fully grasp the impact of impairment on their decision-making.
  4. Social Dynamics:
    • Casual Games: In friendly, casual home games or social settings, players may be more inclined to enjoy alcoholic beverages as part of the social experience. The focus here is often on enjoyment rather than intense competition.
    • Professional Settings: In more serious or professional poker environments, players are generally more cautious about alcohol consumption, recognizing its potential impact on their performance and financial outcomes.
  5. Game Format:
    • Cash Games vs. Tournaments: In cash games, where the focus is on consistent, long-term performance, players may be more mindful of alcohol intake. In contrast, tournament settings, especially during the early stages, might see more relaxed attitudes towards alcohol consumption.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I see that poker is a game that requires concentration, and I think that playing and drinking alcohol will make concentration less and the possibility of losing greater

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try not to drink alcohol, as it prevents me from concentrating

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
No, poker and alcohol don't mix, unless you want to risk losing all your money

KissMyAceZtUa

KissMyAceZtUa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
They can't be mixed, you always loose

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Alcohol gives u courage which can be a bad thing I quit drinking years ago,

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The impact of alcohol on online poker varies. While it might induce relaxation, impairments in judgment and decision-making can occur. Poker demands focus, strategy, and quick thinking, qualities that alcohol can compromise. A drink or two might enhance a casual game, but excessive consumption risks mistakes and financial losses. Responsible moderation is key. Some find a fine line where a small amount enhances the experience, while crossing it diminishes performance. Understanding personal limits and prioritizing mental clarity are crucial for a balanced and enjoyable online poker experience.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i like i drink and play poker etc.