surfer696

surfer696

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As long as you know how to drink there isn't any harm in it. In fact it can be a plus because a lot of people mistakenly believe that it will cause you to play poorly, and that gives you a bit of an edge because they will underestimate you.

otters

otters

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Interesting point.
I gave up alcohol 3 years ago and I lost more money playing then than I do now. I really think it clouded my judgement.
But saying that if it helps to keep you calm and relaxes you then it's got to be a good thing right?

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't drink alcohol at all. If the game is late at night, I can have coffee or an energy drink.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
alcohol is very harmful and has a great effect on people's psyche in different ways. If playing poker it calms you down and gives you better poker results, then I think keep on drinking: Roflmao:

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No! it's a combination of death! unless we are talking about a glass of wine just for company!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not a fan of that combo (Poker + Alcohol).

I avoid drinking while playing poker.

Mauricio Perrotta

Mauricio Perrotta

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The number of times I've read this question in the CC thread are already countless.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Not good combination for sure......that why never i put my credit card on site just because i dont want to play drunk and take full money on my card

bermejoga

bermejoga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I see no problem on having a beer while playing. The thing is, you just gotta know how to drink. Do not exaggerate.

runson

runson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play. But yeah I do smoke and drink but not too often. Maybe two beer is ok. But I like to be sober on gameday.

M

mteenx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
I think if you drink not so much - this will help you to calm down)
But if you can find other way to calm will be nice. Like tea, cofee

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well... in my personal case... I don't drink alcoholic beverages while I'm playing poker... I think I lose concentration and overconfidence which is not good...

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hello ! I don't drink alcohol but i love coffee and water :)

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I once experimented to see how alcohol affected my game. I found that above the legal drink dive limit, it affected my game adversely. So now I don't drink alcohol at all when I am playing poker.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only positive aspect of alcohol in poker is nerves offline, online it is always a negative decision!

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to differentiate between a drink and drinking. There's a big difference between having a beer 4-5 hours into a session and drinking a 5th of Jameson before your third hand. There's also a big difference between alcohol tolerance across individuals, so for some a drink will mean a lot less or more than it does to others. If you know how a small amount of alcohol will affect your judgement I think it's fine, plus there are much worse factors that can negatively impact your play like lack of sleep, playing tilted, playing while in pain/sick, playing too high of a stake for your ability, etc...

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It's a fun combination but it can affect decision-making and affect your game.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think a drink or even two while playing poker is not too bad,it's like anything else in moderation is good in excesses not so much and we all know it's all about the fun.(y):giggle:(y)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, surfer696! Well, what do I can to say You about this question: I'm almost don't drink alcohol even in ordinary Life,
and even more so during play in Poker for me is impossible, because I'm at once can to lose my concentration, and this means
I will to lose a quality of my Game... And why this me need?!.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I don`t think this is a good idea!I bearly drink in my life and if i take 2 or 3 shots better go to a disko or in a striptis club!

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think a drink or even two while playing poker is not too bad,it's like anything else in moderation is good in excesses not so much and we all know it's all about the fun.(y):giggle:(y)
Agreed. Same thinking for energetic drinks... too much can be badddd!!!