staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello, I personally do not drink alcohol at all for more than a year, so I can say that I do not combine poker and alcohol at all. In my opinion, under the influence of alcohol, it is easier to be influenced by emotions and make irrational decisions

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I’m not a big drinker these days. Actually do not drink but I have in the past. Alcohol definitely impairs and affects judgment. The last thing I want is impaired decision making when my money is at risk. I’ve seen many drunk players punt off due to tilt and poor decisions, especially after losing a hand.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't drink and I don't like drinks

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I prefer poker & weed but everyone is different and reacts differently to substances

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol has the amazing ability to make you feel invincible and boost your confidence, which are traits you should avoid when playing poker.
After having one or more drinks, you always sit down to play poker with the aim of playing with all of your might, playing the best poker of your life and making incredible reads to scoop up some large pots to pad your bankroll. But after a few hands, your play starts to degenerate and you begin to make plays simply for the purpose of making them, without considering what the best course of action is. No matter how sure you are of your skills, keep in mind that drinking and playing poker will always result in a negative expected value. Poker is a cognitively demanding game, therefore you must be at the top of your game to evaluate every move and choose the best course of action in any circumstance.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Poker and Alcohol aren´t good Partners...I agree with u for Livetables, Iam also in the Club for bringing down the nerves with one or two beers, but u have to be carefull with to much Alc... ;)

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A glass of wine perhaps, a beer or two, more than that I don't think is beneficial.

valen.bs.95

valen.bs.95

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think if you want to get results, don't mix poker with alcohol.

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the expense of alcohol and poker, I have this opinion, the more I drank, the more I lost.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A small dose of alcohol really has a calming effect. But it might play tricks on you nonetheless. You may not make a decision adequately.

Jamil

Jamil

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It's not bad, but it's better to be with all your mental strength, especially if it's large sums

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker and alcohol don't go hand in hand. These are 2 things that can cause you to lose a lot of money since alcohol doesn't allow you to be lucid in your decisions. So my recommendation is not to drink alcohol while playing poker.

R

raichek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to play when I'm very drunk, but when I've drunk a little, I get the feeling that I'm playing better, I'm more aggressive, but in general I think this is a misconception, and you need to play with a "bright" head.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are you playing for fun? Thats okay, if you dont heave health issues. But if we are talking about playing proficiently, then alcohol will definitely blur your decision making process, of course...

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You drank a little more than you expected, but nevertheless you feel 100% and are confident that you can beat most opponents, thereby increasing your bankroll, and thus give yourself a good surprise in the morning. It's no secret that alcohol has a fantastic ability to give you a sense of invincibility and self-confidence, and these things are best left off the poker table.Most players who have admitted their own mistakes can tell you with confidence: "Never play poker drunk!". It may seem like a daunting task for you, but despite this, alcohol and poker are a very bad combination, no matter how confident you are in your abilities and level of play.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I only play online and personally, alcohol interferes with me. I lose concentration, I get distracted, I start making hasty, thoughtless decisions. And that's why if I drink I don't play poker.

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think poker and alcohol don't mix very well, it can make you take bad decisions if you're drunk.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it can affect you because you can play more aggressively and lose.

Highfish

Highfish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
The only one who can combine poker and alcohol is zzzzigmund. :cool:

MazzErati

MazzErati

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Well, if this is the case, and you are calmed down by alcohol and everything is fine at the table, then who will stop you?🤣🤣

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Personally, alcohol has a negative effect on me, I always lose my patience. But in general, I drink very rarely, 1-2 times a year, and when I drink, I never play.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep doing what makes you happy. It makes us happy too.

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't drink alcohol and I don't advise you to. In such a state, you can make the wrong decision.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I gave up alcohol in January 1986 and have never regreyted it. It's bad enough playing this game sober.