choprav

choprav

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I don't mind having a few drinks - can take the edge off - and make you more confident(which is good if your an aggressive player(or want to be!!) I try to always make sure I don't have too much though and start making terrible calls! ;-)

Viz

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
in my case alcohol + poker is a bad idea. This increases my willingness to take risks, often when it is unnecessary. When I play sober, it's much easier for me to make a profit.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the game is homemade with friends, you can afford to relax with beer. But it's not good for a worker. Alcohol dulls feelings and perception, which leads to mistakes and losses. In general, I support a drink-free lifestyle and advise everyone that there is no joy at the bottom of a glass, there is joy in family or other things.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends how long you play for. if you play for 3 hours, a drink is not a problem. more than that, judgement becomes cloudy

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Only for fun. My judgement is affected anyway.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol alters your thinking, and poker is a mind game. When I play I don't drink.

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you should keep your head and mind sober when playing poker

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
For me its enough 1 beer at 6 months......i dont drink at all!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have never played drunk but i would imagine that when you are nervous on the table that 1-2 beers can relax you . however playing drunk you wont be able to make good decisions and it most definitely will hurt your game

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
In my opinion it is not advisable to play and drink alcohol at the same time, on the other hand it is important to have good energy and to prepare well like a real sportsman.

bredinha

bredinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I believe that moderately is ok, but when in excess it negatively influences your actions.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"How does alcohol consumption affect performance in poker and how can players balance the social aspect and effectiveness in the game?"
Any positive part? (Personally) when I play live it helps me to calm my nerves, I control it very well, what do you think?
I like whisky 🥃 after the sessions, to relax a lil bit, however with moderation!

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
For me, alcohol blurs the boundaries, for me snacks and tea / coffee are more important.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
wrong, only aderral and poker :)

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me affect a lot because I cannot keep the A game in tables so I do money spew

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
A very small drink may help you loosen up and be happier.
But more drinks affects concentration and discipline, so on the long run you will lose for sure

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some beers is not bad, too much you make bad decisions.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The odd glass or spirit is enough for me. Don't think getting ratarsed is a good thing.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If there is a serious game, then it is better not to drink alcohol. But when I play for fun, alcohol has some advantages.

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've never played drunk. I generally drink alcohol very rarely and very little. I guess I just wouldn't be able to play drunk :)

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it could be an emotional component and maybe even involve some addictive potential. Of course, I do not want to advise, but only try to make a comparison from personal observation and experience. In such a case, the alcohol seems to serve as a sedative. I can even think of the series "Damengambit", if you know it.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I'm playing home games with my friends, it's part of the fun. But everyone does it, so it's probably not really a disadvantage. Except if you doesn't get drunk. This happened with me once...